“Exceeded all our expectations!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Corpus Christi Hotel

Save Saved
You added Omni Corpus Christi Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 North Shoreline Boulevard, Corpus Christi, TX 78401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #3 of 82 hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas
“Exceeded all our expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My mother and I stayed at the Omni Jan 11-13 2013 and from start to finish, all the staff exceeded our expectations. Our Loyalty Ambassador, Sylvia Velasquez, got us an spectacular corner room with views of the Lexington and the harbor/yacht club. We spent some time at the lounge, enjoyed the breakfast buffet and even had a chance to get a pedicure and my hair done. We plan on spending more time at this remarkable oasis.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - you can see almost the entire bay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We are delighted to hear your stay at the Omni Corpus Christi exceeded your expectations and was such a memorable experience. We will ensure Sylvia receives your feedback as well and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our area.

905 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were in town for the conclusion of our fraud case in Federal Court (on the good side of the suit). We have stayed at the Bayfront Omni several times during this lawsuit ordeal and have had positive stays that I have written about on TA. This time was nothing short of a disaster. It started with the booking process at the 800 line. We could not get a room online at the Bayfront and knew it was a better property than the Marina. Giving up I called Omni, the woman on the phone told me there were no rooms available at the Bayfront and we would have to book into the Marina. She said there were 6 weddings and many flight crews that were booked into the hotel and it was sold out. I got off the phone and wondered why so many people would be getting married in January on weekdays, didn't make sense. I didn't question Sue as to why this was so but she sounded pretty sure of why I couldn't book a room. I decided to call the hotel directly, the woman, Annie, almost transferred me back to reservations but I stopped her and she told me they had plenty of space but that Monday they were doing maintenance of some kind and we couldn't get a room that day only. That sounded more like the real story and we booked in for two nights. Our first night at the Marina wasn't good and I wrote a separate review on that. When we moved over after our hearing, the valet guys were fine and a bellman took our things up. At the front desk Annie checked us in, I tried to reserve a room for a friend of ours but the rate had mysteriously gone up another 20.00 dollars overnight. Annie said it was due to occupancy so I passed on paying 169.00 a night for another room, now I am even more thankful I didn't book that extra room. We got into the room and discovered pretty quick that the bathroom had a bad smell, the bathtub faucet was dripping, the A/C was shutting off on it's own and the room was staying warm. On our way out we asked Annie to change rooms and she obliged, Annie was very helpful the entire time but it's too bad this hotel doesn't allow more latitude for the staff to make guests happy.
When we got back to our hotel from visiting friends the stay got rapidly worse. I dialed zero and asked where I could get water in the hotel, the woman told me there were vending machines on the 3rd floor. I thought this was interesting since the vending in the Marina Tower was also on third floor. I went down to the third floor and walked all over for 5 or 10 minutes not finding anything. I returned to the room and called again, this time another woman told me they were on 2nd. BINGO, this time, they were where I was told. In hindsight I think the two properties share an operator or at least that is the only way I can think of for someone telling me vending is on three at the Bayfront when it's on two. Anyway, I went down there and swiped my credit card only to find the machine was out of water. Mind you there are two soda dispensing machines and only one slot for water. I returned to the room and called the operator again, no help at all, he said I could call room service. After some prodding he also said that the bellmen have water. I asked him if he could have the bell stand send up a couple of waters and he agreed. After 20 minutes and our food arriving from room service, I walked down and the bell stand gratefully gave me 4 small waters. Those guys are great and we took care of those guys well. We started to get into our food and discovered that there was only one setting so I called room service, they said they were sending another "right away". We waited another ten minutes and finally I clawed into my food without utensils. We finished our food (which was good) and were settling in watching TV and we got a knock on the door, it was a lady with three large bottled waters. Now mind you this was at least 30 minutes after I walked down and got some already. 20 minutes later another knock at the door and Voila our place setting appeared, I nicely told the woman that we had eaten an hour before and I didn't even take the tray with water and the setting. 20 minutes later there was another knock on the door and it was a fruit plate from room service for messing up our meal. Nice thought but we were full from eating, I put that in the refrigerator where it stayed. Mind you I had to get up each time and get dressed to answer the door. After another 30 minutes I got a call from Room Service asking how our meal was and had to go into the whole story. She assured me they would credit something off the meal total but didn't specify how much which I thought was weird. Again, no power to the employees to fix wrongs. We finally got to sleep and the sleep was good, no complaints there. When we left the room the next morning to go down to breakfast I noticed that the woman who brought the place setting chose to leave the setting and water in the hallway by our room rather than take it back where she came from. Never have seen that before. We stopped at the front desk to ask to have the cockroach that appeared in our tub overnight evicted. We had to walk up a stopped escalator to the second floor. I looked and both up escalators were stopped. Not a big deal to me but I bet it is to older people. If you have escalators run them in both directions or tell us why they are stopped.
After breakfast my fiancé went down to the gift shop and got a coffee and bought a hat, she wanted to put it on the room. The lady asked her if she "had a room here". WTH ? Why would she ask if she had a room there if she wants to put it on the room ? Maybe it came out wrong but it sounded insulting to my fiancé. So, from the booking process all the way through to the gift shop things aren't like they used to be. Not sure what is going on with this hotel but I am going to guess there is new management involved. The employees don't seem happy anymore and our stay certainly reflected problems. We were laughing that the Wynn in Vegas was going for 139.00 last night. Trust me this property is no Wynn and certainly not worth 149.00 at least not this time. I stayed over 325 nights in hotels last year and can speak from experience that this was not a good stay. Next time we will probably look around for a better hotel and a better value.

Room Tip: Maybe we were the exception to the rule here but I didn't get that impression. I would check ar...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
It was disappointing for us to read your review of our hotel. Please accept our apologies that your stay did not met your expectations and we hope we will have a future opportunity to provide you with a better stay.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Week visiting for our Niece's wedding on 29 Dec 12. The Flank steak served was tough and cold when served.
My wife nor I could chew it felt tough and rubbery. The potatoes under the steak were luke warm I had to ask the staff to remove it from table #31.

We did night spend the night at the Bayfront Omni but upon our enterance to the hotel the person at the concierge desk was not very friendly. I like to engage with people special hotel employees it is part of my business. I work in the hotel business and like to see great customer service!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We had received very positive guest feedback immediately following the Perez-Garza wedding so we are very sorry to hear that your experience was not as positive and we have passed along your review to the food and beverage team. Additionally, As a hotel company that has won JD Power & Associates awards for customer satisfaction, we are very troubled to hear that your interaction with the concierge was so unpleasant. We do hope these issues are resolved to your satisfaction and to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property so please feel free to reach out to me directly at ddelk@omnihotels.com and again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

-This is a nice above average hotel with a nice view

-Well run for this level of hotel

-My room had a nice view and was updated

-If I was to come back to Corpus Christi I would stay here again

-Room service dinner was very nice especially for a room service meal

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Corpus Christi.
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed three nights with our children an grandchildren. The hotel is great, the double bed rooms are great for a couple but not for a couple with two kids, it's a bit tight. The view was great too. Service was excellent, whatever we needed was supplied or fixed within ten minutes. I had some small misgivings about the housekeeping service in the room (no vacuum cleaning for 3 days, soap was not replenished, my jam and spoons were taken) nothing serious but I left a note before I left the hotel, so those in charge would know. The restaurant food was wonderful. All in all I liked our stay there a lot.

Room Tip: If you are a young or younger couple take a king sized bedroom, if you travel with children you migh...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at the Omni Corpus Christi Bayfront. We are very pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and found the restaurant so wonderful as well. We are, however, disappointed to hear of your housekeeping concerns. We thank you for the note you left and have passed this information along to our housekeeping management team to address. We do hope to see you again on your next visit to Corpus Christi.
Mineral Wells, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Spent three days here for a conference that included three breakfasts and two luncheons. The service staff was superb at every meal! At your beck and call! Efficient and professional. The food was wonderful, too. The hotel service was wonderful at the front desk, the concierge, housekeeping and serving. I will definitely consider this hotel for leisure as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that our service was the best you've ever received. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Omni Corpus Christi Bayfront for business travel or leisure!
Carlsbad, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Great bartenders, wonderful room, front desk staff all wonderful. Service was outstanding until there was an incident she the businessperson I was traveling with went to her room to discover, after being there for one night already, two women standing in her room. The hotel had checked them into her already checked in room. Okay we'll that can happen. I guess. Only at one a.m. She hears someone trying to undo her door locks and it is hotel security trying to get in to let one of the "other" guests back into her room!!! So I go to the front desk the next morning to complain and all I get is an "thanks we will look into it" comment. Rather disconcerting.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We are very sorry for your experience and understand your misgivings. This incident is something uncharacteristic for our hotel and we take it very seriously. We are addressing the cause of this at the property level and thank you for taking the time to bring it to our attention.

Been to Omni Corpus Christi Hotel? Share your experiences!