“Overnight stay in Corpus” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Corpus Christi North
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   5155 I-37 North, Corpus Christi, TX 78408-2614   |
Ranked #60 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi, United States
“Overnight stay in Corpus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Altough the hotel is not located in a good part of town it was not a bad experience overall. There wasn't much around there and the Denny's next door was not the best. The drive to the beach was about 45 min so next time we'll stay closer. We stayed in the Executive Double and there was plenty of room for our family.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Victoria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We were booked into this motel when the hotel we were booked into lost it's water. I was told by whoever I was talking to (I had booked thru Hotels.com) that it was in the same area of Corpus and had the same perks as the hotel we were booked into. She also said that they were going to upgrade us too a better hotel. Well, I hate to see a downgrade!!! When I checked into La Quinta, it was at 7:30 at night and the room wasn't even cleaned yet, it was no where near where the original hotel was but on the other side of the city. This is a very old motel and looked it. The neighborhood wasn't the best and the cliental wasn't that good either. There was a smell to the room and it looked a bit better after it was cleaned (but not much). I didn't feel comfortable staying there with the 2 grandchildren we had with us. Granted I had a very large man with me but he wasn't comfortable staying there either. So we canceled the room and went and got a room at a 100% better hotel.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The bathroom had mildew all around the bathtub and cigarette burns in the tub as well. This was the worst LaQuinta I have ever stayed at. I think LaQuinta may have acquired this cheap motel. The lady that checked us in was nice and polite. The exterior was dirty and I did not feel very safe.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We are huge fans of, and regulars at, La Quinta hotels because they are dog-friendly and usually VERY nice. So, when my husband was visiting Corpus Christi on business and booked into this La Quinta hotel, I decided to bring the family down and play on the beach while he was in meetings. When we met him at the hotel, I almost turned the family around and headed back home. It is located in an industrial ghetto and the exterior of this hotel is FILTHY. The paint is disgusting and the air conditioner in each room expells water across the walkways on both levels creating conditions ripe for grime you must step over. In fact, nothing has been done to the exterior, so do not let the remodeled claim on the website fool you. And while the rooms have new paint and carpet, those redecorations, not remodels, are just a mask. While we ended up staying because every other dog friendly hotel was already booked for the weekend, but we will never return. This hotel did not even support our basic needs like washing off sand from the beach. The water pressure was not strong enough.

• Stayed August 2014
Houston, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My experience at La Quinta was disappointing. The 1st room had no lights. So the front desk staff was very professional and moved us to a different room. However the room we got seemed liked it was not clean. There was vomit on one side of the bed. The bathroom floor was dirty and there were crumbs on the carpet. I walked to the front desk and even showed them a picture. Cleaning staff was sent to the room. However the cleaning staff wiped the vomit of the floor with a liquid and cleaned what was on the skirt of the bed. When I asked if she could change it. She responded she was only covering for the person whom did not do their job and said they had no more bed skirts.

Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Well cant really give review of the rooms because didn't get one. I booked the room several weeks in advance. check in time was at 3pm I get there little early so could do paper work stuff and get bags unloaded then meet up with some friends. first lady was ok but said sorry our rooms are not clean please come back around 4pm. I met my friends came back around 430pm thinking that will give them little extra time. New girl working front desk was very rude and said rooms will not be ready until around 630-7 pm now I did get little upset and asked for reason why and she said they were not clean. I asked if I could talk to manager and she informed me not one at location. I asked why they could not just clean me a room since I was the only one in the lobby waiting and she said they had to clean rooms as scheduled. She then became very rude said you dont have to stay here, I informed her that I live 7 hours away and had no where else to stay and plus I had paid for room there. she then said she would cancel my room and not charge me. I then started looking for another place to stay. Got lucky and found somewhere else but when I ask for proof she was stopping payment and asked for it in writing she said that she would not be doing that now. I had to make several phone calls and finally got charges stopped but was a hassle, so warning do not stay at this location. I have stayed a laquinta at several other locations but due to this experience I will probably be looking else where from now on. so be carefull of this place and good luck.

Room Tip: stay away from this location
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was the most disgusting establishment ever. They need to get an entire new cleaning crew. When we checked in there was hair all over the floor (which is a problem since we have a young child who is still crawling) trash in can still, phone broken, nothing wiped down. I would not recommend anyone go here EVER. Very false advertising with the "newly renovated rooms". Total waste of money. we booked other hotels for the rest of our vacation. The only part of this place that was good was the lady at the front desk who was nice. But we told them about all the problems and she said "sorry but its prepaid" REALLY? I would never stay at a LaQuinta again after this experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Corpus Christi North? Share your experiences!