“Nice pet friendly hotel” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 North Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78401   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 82 hotels in Corpus Christi
Katy, Texas
“Nice pet friendly hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were able to bring our crated dog to stay with us in a room on the 2nd floor. The staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and the mattress was thick and plush. Rooms had balconies, some with an ocean view.

Room Tip: Several restaurants were within walking distance. Nice view of Gulf from 11th floor where a full se...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Marina Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that we could accommodate your pet as well. We do our best to make sure all our guest have a positive experience here at the Best Western Marina Grand Hotel. Thank you for feedback and we hope you will choose us in the future.

346 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Recently stayed over Christmas visiting son stationed at the Coast Guard station. King room had a fridge, microwave, and nice big flat screen. Nice view of the marina and bay. Bed was firm and comfortable. Breakfast was pretty typical. Awesome location and accommodations for the price. No problems!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
St. Paul, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

For starters, this hotel seems very clean, has nice amenities, and the staff are very friendly. The WiFi speed is decent, and the breakfast buffet is plentiful. The view from the 10th floor is very lovely and pretty with the Christmas decorations. However, I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, due to the excessive noise from the bars next door.

Tonight (my last night here), I have heard numerous car alarms, police sirens, motorcycles, the beat of the base and cheering of the crowds from the bar next door. Right now Usher's "Yeah" is playing-- if I didn't need to sleep perhaps it would be a lot of fun. It is not just the beat to the music you can hear, it is actually loud enough to sing along. I suppose on the bright side I have had the chance to reconnect with old favorite tunes, but 2am is not the time I want to be doing that.

This hotel has a blessing and a curse, its location. My stay has been on a Friday and Saturday night which is a problem in itself with the bars not closing until 2am. Things are very walkable, but I think I would have much preferred a slight drive and had a good night's sleep.

UPDATE: Remember the song "ghetto superstar?" Amazing remix... playing next door as I finish up this review. Ugh. I need some sleep!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Marina Grand Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We do have a great location but like you mentioned we are close to the night life in Corpus Christi especially during a busy weekend. We do try our best to place our guest further away from the louder end of the hotel, But a when we are sold out that is not possible for every guest. I do apologize for you negative experience and if you have any more concerns or questions please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. 361-883-5111
North Carolina USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My father and I recently stayed two different times in four days at the Best Western Marina Grand Hotel. The first night was very nice. It was a bit of a trek from the parking garage to the hotel, but the rooms were fine and the breakfast was very nice. The second time was not as good. I was placed in room 500...don't get booked there! It was hard to control the temperature, and some noise (I think it was a generator outside the window) made a noise that sounded like someone was vacuuming the rug outside my door - all night long. I'd already gone downstairs to try and find out why my computer wouldn't connect to the internet (the first night it was spotty, the second time non-existent. When I went to the front desk they told me to call the helpline. The helpline said the equipment was old.)

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the garage side of the hotel. And find out which rooms actually get wireles...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

As frequent travelers, my wife and I agree that this Best Western hotel is our favorite! Not only do the remodeling changes add beauty to the already beautiful hotel, but the location, cleanliness AND cheerful and helpful staff just make this hotel a 10!!! The full breakfast provided with your stay is one of the best! It's not all carbs BUT provides protein as well! Which makes for a very well balanced breakfast! And the staff who oversees the breakfast area and food are so helpful and everyone's always seen with a smile; from the time you walk into the main lobby, to the dining area and right down to the cleaning staff! We recommend this hotel with 10's across the rating scales!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were there over a weekend and there can be noise from the street and nearby venues. We found that creating our own "white noise" by running the fan all night helped a great deal. The management offers ear plugs as well. Great breakfast and view from the 11th floor dining area! A free drink coupon is also given for use in the 11th floor bar.

I feel that the staff is sincere in trying to accommodate guests and provide a good experience. Much of their work is succeeding imho.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Marina Grand Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the noise from across the street. We hope that you will continue staying with us when you visit Corpus Christi in the future. Again thank you.

Been to BEST WESTERN Marina Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!