I'm not a complainer. Really. I get stuff happens and people make mistakes. In fact, I'm so easy going that I've never written a review. Until now. This restaurant -- on a Thursday night (bingo night according to the oh-so-beleaguered waitress (over a 100 people in the other room and just me waiting on them, 3 kids at home, etc)-- was so BAD that I had to say something. Where to begin? Ridiculously long wait. Not getting our drinks- hubby finally went directly to the bar to get it. And more...
Rather than giving a blow by blow of every damn thing tha was bad, let me say this
Waitress - step up and take responsibility for your customers
Asst manager- get the order right, follow through and make sure we got what we ordered
COok - someone who declines cheese likely will also decline butter. Also. Cook the food long enough to "thaw the frozen veggies"
Bartender. If a drink is sitting on your bar, not picked up, don't assume your job. Is done. Tell wait staff to follow thru
Manager - glad you want to now the details of what happened but this is a systemic problem not specific one. What's the big picture issue here? All staff people are busy assigning blame. How about these are all OUR customers from start to finish. Follow thru and get the job done and done WELL!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort in Corpus Christi, Texas is North Padre Island s only full service hotel located directly on the Gulf of Mexico.Hand painted murals liven the inside and summer weekend entertainment livens the outside at our Sand Bar. Seasonal children s activities, an outdoor playground, and indoor game room create a perfect family beach vacation. Two large outdoor swimming pools overlook the natural beauty of the ocean and there are many direct beach access points. Both corporate and leisure guests will appreciate the meeting and banquet facilities. Every guestroom has a microwave and mini-fridge and many offer an ocean view and a balcony. The Beachside Grill and Lounge complete this perfect hotel package!Golf and tennis are less than 1 mile from the hotel. The USS Lex Aircraft Museum and the Texas State Aquarium are 22 miles away.Downtown Corpus Christi provides night life fun, fishing and sightseeing boats and bicycle rentals. Sports enthusiasts can watch a baseball or football game at Whataburger Field, a hockey game at American Bank Center, or Texas A & M Islander basketball. Fish from Bob Hall pier, kayak around Packery Channel, surf at J. P. Luby Park, boat around Bird Island, or walk the many birding trails in the Coastal Bend. Book your hotel reservation with us today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Low Cost Holidays and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - n. Padre Island Hotel Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Holiday Inn