My fiance' and I have stayed at this hotel once about three years back, and enjoyed it quite a bit so we decided to make reservations here once again. BAD IDEA. We arrived late so we thought to unwind in the hot tub, (most higher end hotels allow the hot tub open, just to keep quiet and no glass), so we hopped right in along with our two friends we invited over for a few drinks. After FIVE minutes of being in the hot tub a security officer yelled across the way to us (not even came up to us), and told us to get out and the hot tub was closed. I immediately walked over to him and told him that we were staying there and didn't know it was closed and asked what time they shut it down, he said ten. So I told him, that's fine I will go tell everyone to move it along and get out. While I was in the middle of telling my fiance' and guests that the hot tub was now closed, he RUDELY interrupted asking my fiance', "DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH? GET OUT." My mouth dropped in shock. As we all walked out of the hot tub he kept telling us he was going to call the cops for our inconvenience. I was apalled. I went and told the night manager right away, and explained the situation and told him I totally understand the hot tub was closed and we were in the wrong, and we failed to read the sign (which was posted very small on a fence), and that we were cooperating when his security guard was very unprofessional and disrespectful and I didn't pay to stay at a hotel being treated like trash. He simply told me, "Okay, that's fine, but the hot tub WAS closed, the beach is open 24 hours...". What? I told him, you know what that's fine and walked away while he then said, "Make sure you keep quiet in your room." If that wasn't enough, when I got to my room I was freezing and called down stairs for an extra blanket brought to my room, when the night manager told me, "You can come down here and get it." I will NEVER stay here again, and advise anyone else thinking about it not to as well. To pay money to have a good time just to be treated like dirt is disgusting, wrong, and flat out unprofessional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort in Corpus Christi, Texas is North Padre Island s only full service hotel located directly on the Gulf of Mexico.Hand painted murals liven the inside and summer weekend entertainment livens the outside at our Sand Bar. Seasonal children s activities, an outdoor playground, and indoor game room create a perfect family beach vacation. Two large outdoor swimming pools overlook the natural beauty of the ocean and there are many direct beach access points. Both corporate and leisure guests will appreciate the meeting and banquet facilities. Every guestroom has a microwave and mini-fridge and many offer an ocean view and a balcony. The Beachside Grill and Lounge complete this perfect hotel package!Golf and tennis are less than 1 mile from the hotel. The USS Lex Aircraft Museum and the Texas State Aquarium are 22 miles away.Downtown Corpus Christi provides night life fun, fishing and sightseeing boats and bicycle rentals. Sports enthusiasts can watch a baseball or football game at Whataburger Field, a hockey game at American Bank Center, or Texas A & M Islander basketball. Fish from Bob Hall pier, kayak around Packery Channel, surf at J. P. Luby Park, boat around Bird Island, or walk the many birding trails in the Coastal Bend. Book your hotel reservation with us today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - n. Padre Island Hotel Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Holiday Inn