This hotel is a great family place to stay in North Padre Island, as most of the hotels are on the mainland side and there are jellyfish over there. Thats why we love this spot, good waves, ocean access and close to the ocean, nice pool and hot tub. Family friendly environment but no free breakfast. Rooms are unusually small but adequate. You are definitely paying for ocean access, pool, restaurant and ambiance as the price has risen significantly since we started going here.
There is a gift shop with some pool toys and sundries and they have daily activities for kiddo's as well. The items are priced reasonable.
The nice thing about this hotel is the outside bar and snack shop, and live music on the weekends. Its really nice to be out there with the light breeze, a cool drink, a live band and people dancing and having a great time by the pool.
They also rent beach toys and surfboards and cabana's and lounge chairs. (Nothing is free) The beaches are pretty clean and it's a nice stay plus you can go from the beach to the outside shower and to the pool.
The drawback is that there is nothing special about the rooms. No big beds because the rooms are small and simple but you spend most of your time outdoors anyway.
Its a short drive to the mainland for restaurants and activities and everything is right off of the freeway and its easy to find your way back.
No one welcomes pets on the Island but they do have a kennel you can board your pet. Its too hot to leave any animal in a car at all.
Ocean side views are offerred but front ocean rooms are more costly and the windows are often salty and foggy. I think they only offerred two full size beds.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - n. Padre Island Hotel
- Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - n. Padre Island Hotel Corpus Christi
- Holiday Inn Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort in Corpus Christi, Texas is North Padre Island s only full service hotel located directly on the Gulf of Mexico.Hand painted murals liven the inside and summer weekend entertainment livens the outside at our Sand Bar. Seasonal children s activities, an outdoor playground, and indoor game room create a perfect family beach vacation. Two large outdoor swimming pools overlook the natural beauty of the ocean and there are many direct beach access points. Both corporate and leisure guests will appreciate the meeting and banquet facilities. Every guestroom has a microwave and mini-fridge and many offer an ocean view and a balcony. The Beachside Grill and Lounge complete this perfect hotel package!Golf and tennis are less than 1 mile from the hotel. The USS Lex Aircraft Museum and the Texas State Aquarium are 22 miles away.Downtown Corpus Christi provides night life fun, fishing and sightseeing boats and bicycle rentals. Sports enthusiasts can watch a baseball or football game at Whataburger Field, a hockey game at American Bank Center, or Texas A & M Islander basketball. Fish from Bob Hall pier, kayak around Packery Channel, surf at J. P. Luby Park, boat around Bird Island, or walk the many birding trails in the Coastal Bend. Book your hotel reservation with us today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.