We had stayed in this hotel 2 other time son the past and loved it! It's a perfect location and they allow us to bring our 2 large boxers. We planned this recent trip for my husband's birthday and had been Ravi g about this hotel to my mom who was coming along for her first visit to Corpus. We booked a "Cabanna" suite which was not included in the military discount. Some of the front desk staff was okay but there was a very nice manager that worked evenings! The room was a lot smaller then the tower rooms we had stayed in before. It had an odor as did most of the hotel. There were roaches all over the grounds of the hotel and 2 large ones were in our room at 2 separate times. We were offered to change rooms but not guaranteed they would be roach free and we were offered to have the room sprayed but it wasn't pet or child safe and we had both with us. The chairs in our room were stained, it was cramped with furniture and missing the information binder. The room service was way over priced and the pizza was gross! 18% gratuity is automatically included no matter how much is ordered! The pamphlets in the lobby weren't from the area. My husband and I got a cocktail in the inside bar and his beer tasted old and my Moscato was flat. The food at the restaurant was okay but n of worth the cost. Parking was horrible!! It's not assigned but you are supposed to have a slip in your window. Needless to say, most people used our lot to park and access the beach. Over all, the hotel is becoming very run down! Dirty, smelly and in need of repairs!! It was not cheap to stay there by any means but the experience reminded me of a roadside motel instead of a beach side resort. I believe it is no longer a Holiday Inn because it is just called Emerald Beach now and the Holiday Inn name has been removed from everything including the sign. The last time we stayed it was part of the Holiday Inn and you can definately tell!!! It is a prime location minus the trash left on the beach and it has a nice indoor pool but we won't be staying there again unless they lower prices and CLEAN/REPAIR the property. Disapointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the perfect blend of casual relaxation and business convenience, with the most unique hotel location in downtown Corpus Christi. Just minutes from downtown businesses, you can enjoy fresh sea air and sand between your toes as you walk the beach behind our hotel. Our spacious bay front rooms, with fantastic views of the bay and marina, featuring free high-speed Internet connection will allow you to relax and conduct business. Enjoy a hearty breakfast in our dining room or room service on your balcony, or maybe a cocktail at our beach side bar. Just a ten minute drive or open air trolley ride gets you to area attractions, such as Texas State Aquarium or the USS Lexington Museum. After work we will provide transportation to downtown restaurants and entertainment. When its time to leave we will take you to the airport as well. Try Emerald Beach once and we are sure you will return every time you visit Corpus Christi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Emerald Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - Emerald Beach Hotel Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Holiday Inn