“Great Value...and Beautiful Sunrise” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Beach Front Hotel
Ranked #43 of 82 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Value...and Beautiful Sunrise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I absolutely love the Holiday Inn Emerald Beach. We have been there for the past 3 summers and we love it. Yes, it's not your 5 star hotel...but it's close and we love it. I love the beach area, the outside Bar with Music is great. The best sunrise from the Bar in the morning cannot be beat! Great quite time to watch the sunrise and plan your day! Breakfast buffet is very good and Staff are always friendly and offer discount coupons to local attractions. My daughter loves to go from Beach to indoor pool and I like that it's just a quick trip up the stairs for me to check on her. Cute Gift Shop and ample parking. I know that we will be visiting again in 2013 and cannot wait to sink my toes in the sand and relax by the beach!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Trisha S, Guest Relations Manager at Emerald Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thanks for the review! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My family and I have stayed in this hotel for over 20 years! My entire life it was never a question of when we go to the beach where are we going to stay because it was always emerald beach! We love the place so much! All of the amenities, the view, the service, the food, the proximity to other amazing locations in town, and so much more! The sunrise is gorgeous and the sunset is breathtaking. I would never dream of staying anywhere else! I can not wait till I have kids and can share with them the memories that my mom, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles and i have all made and this amazing hotel! I highly reccomend it! It has things for people of all ages and interests! (all though i do miss the indoor mini golf course!)

Room Tip: Always ask for a room with a balcony over looking the water or on the "boardwalk" that goe...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Trisha S, Guest Relations Manager at Emerald Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thanks, Lorrell! We're looking forward to seeing you again here in the next few months.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I'm a Platinum member since 2009 so have stayed at quite a few hotels. Although this is an older hotel the staff is what made it great. From check in to check out they were all friendly, thorough and very professional. I would especially like to give kudos to Jason and Judy at the bar/restaurant as they were very accommodating and made my time in CC that much more enjoyable. I will definitely return the next time I have business there.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We'll happily pass along your comments to both Jason and Judy. We appreciate you being a Priority Club member and do hope to see you again in the future.
Alice, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

enjoyed our first stay at holiday inn emerald beach so much we had to make a second trip. there is so much to do family wise, you will never have a dull moment. wonderful and super nice staff makes you feel so "at home" your counting down the days until your next visit! love love loved it.

Room Tip: we have always stayed on the 7th floor, and always have a great view of the water especially in the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for the nice review! I'm happy to hear our staff made your trip enjoyable. Please do come stay with us soon!
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I always look forward to booking this hotel at Spring Break and July 4....wonderful staff and great service. There are some favorite employees who have worked at HI for many years but still maintain their enthusiasm for their job. I really enjoy visiting with them.

Room Tip: Try for a room facing North Beach.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the wonderful review. We do have many staff members that have been with us several years and we attribute that to having some of the nicest repeat guests stay here. We sure do hope to see you all again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We booked a standard King room for our two night stay but upon arrival were upgraded to a room with a sea view on the 5th floor. I agree with other reviewers that the hotel is in need of some TLC to bring it into the 21st century. The corridors on our floor were painted an awful lime green, yuk. We ate breakfast in the restaurant and ordered from the menu, (my husband and I are not great lovers of buffet meals). The food was hot and the service was fast and efficient. All the staff that we came into contact with were very polite and helpful.
The weekly Manager's Reception for Priority Club members was held the evening of our arrival. The tables were decorated with floating candles surrounded by plastic autumn leaves but even worse was a server came up to talk to us and her waistcoat was covered in food stains. Totally unprofessional.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony overlooking the Gulf.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Trisha S, Guest Relations Manager at Emerald Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will surely address the service issue with our restaurant staff. We value the fact you are a Priority Club Member and do hope you will return to see us again in the future. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask for me directly.
Concord, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Older and tired hotel but still not bad. The hotel sits right on the beach. Rooms clean and fresh. Restaurant in the hotel not bad and ten food is good. Plenty of restaurants nearby including Joes Crab Shack. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you on your next visit to Corpus Christi!

Been to Emerald Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!