“Nightmare Please Stay Away!” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1102 S. Shoreline Blvd., Corpus Christi, TX 78401   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #41 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas
“Nightmare Please Stay Away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This place is a total rip off people please listen to the reviews and stay away.I stayed at this hotel august the 10 for my Fiance Birthday and we went with 5 other couples and the room rate i had on my reservation confirmation was not the price i was charged on check in the confirmation was for 155$ with tax included when i arrived at the hotel they charged me 220$ a night and when i tried speaking to the mgr on duty i showed her my confirmation and she said she doesn't care what the confirmation says im here and the rate is 220$ so i cxl the second night and when the rest of my party tried to cxl as well she said she will have to charge them penalty's since so many of us are canceling leaving the hotel in a bind.Second after that horrible service we come back to the room after my fiances birthday party we had down the street at the water street oyster bar and we get back in our room and its 84 Degrees in our room. The A/C was not working I called the front desk and informed them of the situation and they apologized and said the maintenance man would not return till 7am the current time when I called was 12pm So we sweated it out till 7am when i walked downstairs and talked to the mgr on duty and informed him of everthing that happen i even showed him my fiance DL to show that this was her birthday weekend and its been ruined by holiday inn and all he had to say was i can comp you 20$ for the inconvenience and if i was ready to checkout because there were people waiting on rooms! i could not believe the way this hotel operates and the management is worthless. So again people there are lots and Lots of better choices then this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE Hotel please stay elsewhere i wish i would of listen to all the bad reviews I read.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere But here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Emerald Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear tankmunoz,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - Emerald Beach, TX. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

booked for two nights n stayed only one because everywhere else was booked entirely. It was my last weekend of summer vacation with my daughter n I'm so sorry we had to change plans bcuz of this place. Jessica at HOTELS.COM said I wasn't going to regret it but I'd beg to differ Beds ad been made but the bedding was not replaced since the sheets didn't smell clean, when we pulled the covers both beds had blood n yellow stains inside(I'd hate to think it was urine) coffee maker had built up residue, roaches in the bathtub n night stand, long hairs from previews guest, rust in metal fixtures including the fire sprinklers, the beach was dirty, the trash cans on the hallways were full so there was trash, beer cans n all type of stuff in the floor around the trashcans n at the beach called front desk to send housekeeping n the lady (Deborah) literally handed me the bedding for me to replace them which of course I wasn't going to do it. They sent a gentleman(Ruben) to help the lady which showed her the proper way to do things. The manager Johnny Lee(according to a HOTELS.COM) didn't offer any compensation at all except for the attitude, and said that since we booked through hotels.com, we pretty much had to take it up with them. As a trucker I have stayed in many hotels n motels all over the U.S. and n it is a pitty to see how this place puts the name Holiday Inn to shame.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Emerald Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Buffalo1977,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
San Antonio, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This property has such a nice location! However, the property itself is outdated and some of the hallways smell like cigarrette smoke. It was under renovation when we were there, so hopefully it will be improved for future guests. The A/C unit in our room was so loud, it was difficult to sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Trisha S, Guest Relations Manager at Emerald Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for the nice review. Please always let the staff know if there is an issue in your room and we'll be happy to address the problem promptly to find a solution. We do hope you choose to stay with us again!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

This facility is in diar need of remodeling/updating. Ceiling tiles sagging, shampoo no conditioner, no refrigerator in the room, cleaning lady coming in at 8.00 in the morning, overall color scheme overwhelmingly outdated and unpleasant. There are a lot of little things that could be done to set this hotel apart from the rest. Holiday Inn is usually good about this and i hoTilley will evaluate the needs of this facility. I believe it would be worth the investment.

• Stayed July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Emerald Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Lizlaceyrn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had over the condition of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future as we continue to try to improve and update our property.

Karen G.
Keller, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Family summer trip to the coast and Holiday Inn- Emerald Beach’s enticing convenience of being on the beach should have made for a picture perfect trip!

Upon our arrival, our room was not ready and when we finally got out room the key badge system did not work on our room. Maintenance had to be called.

The entire hotel is completely out dated and over priced for it’s filth. The hotel features rust on metal fixtures in the room, mold in several places in the bath/shower and smaller than average bathroom and beds. The hotels ceilings are low and with a guacamole green walls in hallways it is surely not for the claustrophobic type.

One of two small elevators was broke leaving just one (that only holds about 5 people) to accommodate everyone coming and going between the 6 floors; causing long lines and several exhausting minutes for those wanting to use the elevator. We gave up and just took the stairs the rest of our stay. We realized it was much quicker walking up 5 flights of stairs to get to our 5th floor room rather than wait in line for the elevator.

The pool area was even worse. With mold/alga growing around the pool’s deck, it can be very slippery. Ceiling tiles appear to be water damaged and some even appear that they could fall soon. More rust on metal fixture and lots of dust on everything.

The only thing this hotel has going for it is the convenience of how close and easy it is to walk onto the beach…and maybe that’s why they charge what they do and haven’t remodeled in many decades is because they know people will book because of the beach access. It was so disgusting we ended our trip early.

Room Tip: If you don't mind paying premium rates to be on the beach and to stay in filth, than this is the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I'm so sorry to hear your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Please feel free to contact me directly so that we may rectify the situation.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I saw some negative reviews about this hotel but decided to risk it & book a two night stay here and I am glad we did! I called ahead to discuss my room preference and spoke with a very nice lady named Aida. She was very helpful and helped us get a great room with an awesome view of the bay. Great location and nice to just walk right out to the beach! The beds were super comfy and the room was larger than I had expected. The housekeepers did a great job of cleaning the room and we also ordered room service for breakfast which was delicious! The only downside was the one elevator that was always packed w/people and we had to take the stairs most times. Also the parking there can be hard to find due to conventions and people parking there to go to the beach. All and all it was a clean hotel with friendly staff and they even have a live band playing on the beach which was nice to see right from our room. I would definitely stay here again if they get the other elevator fixed : )

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the lovely review! We did, in fact, get the elevator fixed and are very sympathetic to the hotel guests this past summer that had to deal with the inconvenience. Should I be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Corpus Christi!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I searched and searched before booking with Emerald Bay Holiday Inn so after all theresearch I am glad I did. I had read reviews that weren't so complimentary of this hotel, but our experience was great. We had rooms facing the Bay so we had great views. The staff was very accomodating with fresh towels and check in and out was a breeze. We stayed in the two story building that is seperate from the main hotel and it was quiet and peaceful. There were absolutely no roaches in our room or on the grounds, roaches can be problematic for water front hotels. Also this is a dog friendly hotel and I was able to take my dog with no problems. The location of the hotel is central to everything in Corpus Christi. The only drawback is there are no waves in the bay. If you want to play in the surf you need to go out to Padre Island or Mustang Island which is just over the Causeway. All-in-all, this hotel was quite nice and my family as well as extended family were all happy with the choice (normally it is hard to please everyone).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean get lots of sun.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
That was a very nice review about our property. So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that everyone in the family was pleased. Please be sure to come see us again next time you're in town. Thank you!

Been to Emerald Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!