“Amazing!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 82 hotels in Corpus Christi
“Amazing!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This trip to the Holiday Inn Express and Suites was amazing!!!! The check-in process was simple, the room was comfortable and very clean. The breakfast area was comfortable and the food was really good. The pool was gorgeous and great because it was indoors. I felt at home at this hotel and would definitely return and tell friends and family about it. I can see why and how this hotel is ranked #3 in Corpus Christi, Texas.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JulieJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We are so glad we lived up to your expectations and hope to see you again on your next trip to Corpus Christi!

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I frequently stay at Holiday Inn Express and find them to be clean comfortable and of good value. Years ago, we used to stay at plain old Holiday Inns and changed to Express as the former inns went to pot.
Let me first say the rooms we and our traveling companions used were clean, had good comfortable beds, good temperature control and were up to the good standards we have learned to expect from Holiday Inn Express. But unlike other Express locations we have stayed at, this one is trying to fall back into the Holiday Inn mode.. TV remote not working - and to get ice you play the go floor to floor to find a working ice machine game. The hot water problem you read about, is not fixed. I assume with a building this new it is not an engineering issue but rather one of not spending the money to have hot water.
The breakfast was good and up to what you have learned to expect of Holiday Inn Express.
I encourage the management of this site to get back on track and not damage the HIE reputation.
Although this hotel is not on the water, it is close to the water and in close proximity to shopping malls and every chain restaurant you can imagine.
So would I recommend this location - yes. I THINK that eventually the management here will do something with the little things that will turn this into what we left Holiday Inn over. This is NOT what we have seen in other HIE locations so we suspect it is a local issue.

Room Tip: Might try the lower floors to see if hot water issue is better at lower floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear CrankyOldGuy,

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel itself is new and is very convenient to Corpus Christi and the NAS. I checked in late and was grateful that the hotel had a pantry and I could grab something microwaveable. There was a microwave and fridge in the room. I stay in a lot of Holiday Inn family hotels and have noticed that although they advertise different varieties of pillows, the all seem the same. When I stay at a Hilton chain hotel, I can definitely notice the difference..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am glad that you mostly enjoyed your stay with us. As for the pillows, be on the look out for some new options at Holiday Inn Express in the upcoming year. I hope to see you again next time you are in Corpus Christi!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for five nights while visiting family. The location is very convenient and the rooms are clean and modern. An added bonus is the included breakfast each morning...so nice to grab something right there and not have to go out to a restaurant. The beds and pillows are the most comfortable have ever slept on and the rooms must be well insulated because the was no noise! I plan on visiting often and this will be my "go to" place.

• Stayed December 2012
Hello, NJDels! Thank you so much for the excellent review of our hotel. We hope you will come see us again on your next trip to Corpus Christi!
gecko831
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I go to Corpus every couple of months for work & when I can this is where I stay. The location has easy access to all of Corpus. & it is easy to get around. The hotel is very clean -yay! :) Also - the employees are all really nice & helpful. I recommend this hotel & will stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed December 2012
New Braunfels, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Checked in on a Tuesday and was happy with the appearance and cleanliness of the property, but there are 3 issues that need to be addressed. First is parking. There are not enough spots outside. I came in late and had to park in a handicapped spot, which I hate to do, but had no choice. The 2nd issue is the Internet signal. It's way too slow to, and goes in and out. Like most business travelers, a strong Internet signal is a must for me. And 3rd, the water pressure in my 4th floor room was zilch. I had a difficult time taking a shower, which is of course important for all travelers, business or pleasure. While these 3 issues are fairly major, I still might try it again sometime. The rooms were clean, and the staff was freindly.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here for a family vacation. We wanted something that would be centralized and easy to get to, and this was. We had easy access to a large number of restaurants and shops (the mall is just down the street), and the beach is an easy drive. We spent our days seeing the sights around Corpus, and we'd spend the evenings enjoying the quiet hotel. While some hotels have problems with burglary or noise, this one didn't. It was great, and the workers were very friendly and helpful.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi? Share your experiences!