“I felt like I was at the spa!” 5 of 5 stars

V Boutique Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   701 North Water Street, Corpus Christi, TX 78401   |
Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Austin, Texas
“I felt like I was at the spa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the V Hotel after reading excellent reviews here and we were NOT disappointed! It's a very small hotel (only 8 rooms), but it's nice and quiet and the decor and atmosphere were very nice. I felt like I was at the spa! The beds were super comfy and the rooms have a nice flat screen tv, mini bar, & workstation. The location was great, right downtown. There are some fun bars and resturants down the block, the marina is a block or two away, and the Vietnam resturant is right downstairs. We will definately stay here again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
nashville, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

My husband and I have family in Corpus Christi and have stayed at other hotels in the past. On our last visit, we discovered the V Boutique and will never stay anywhere else again! It is a beautiful retreat in city that I don't especially enjoy. We loved the friendly staff and modern decor. It was quiet and tranquil and created an atmosphere of relaxation. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

My impression of the V changed drastically, with every step towards my room (starting with the slightly run down neighborhood, to the unassuming restaurant/hotel parking lot, to the little bit nicer entrance to the restaurant (which I thought was the hotel entrance), but man once I went up the elevator & got to the front desk area it was like I was on another planet. I’m not much into that Feng Shui stuff but whatever they did in that place, it rearranged my ions or something, in a good way. The staff was exceptionally helpful, walking me to my room & explaining the touchpad door lock (no keys! I dug it). The room I stayed in was small-ish but very adequate, & the bathroom was good sized. I’m pretty sure I got the smallest room available, as I snuck a peek at one of their bigger rooms while housekeeping was in there. I ate at the restaurant one night, again more excellent service, & enjoyed choosing from their impressive selection of beers. I’ve stayed at several boutiques around the country & this is one of the nicest. If you’re not expecting great views or “perfect” location, this is an excellent choice!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

This hotel is absolutely the greatest!!! We could not have been more pleased. I work for a very high end hotel and have always been extremely picky, but there is, honestly, not one negative thing to say. The decor is very chic, but not overstated. The beds are beyond comfy and you definitely cannot beat the price!!! More importantly everything is clean, clean, clean!!!! DON'T STAY ANYWHERE ELSE IN CORPUS!!!!

• Liked — atmosphere, cleanliness, service
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

Our only disappointment was that we were there for one night. The staff is delightful; with only eight rooms they are able to cater for any needs you might have. I asked for a recommendation for a manicure shop and was given several names and maps for each. The restaurant is beautiful and the food is fabulous. The owners of the property, Lin and Bok, are a young couple realizing their dream and are totally committed to providing a memorable experience for their guests.

• Liked — Serenity of the property
  • Disliked — No coffee shop anywhere near downtown
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Brownsville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

The location concerned us at first as the hotel is across from the Greyhound bus station with a lot of transient traffic. Once we stepped across the threshold of the hotel, though, we were in a different world with pass code protected entry and impeccable decor. The room was super clean, the area quiet and the bed ultra comfortable. The air-conditioner, much needed in the Corpus Christi climate, was very efficient. A continental breakfast was served buffet style. The person at the front desk brought ice to our room when we needed it. When my computer had trouble accessing the internet (my machine's fault) Adam, the friendly front desk person, let me use the hotel computer to download and print some urgent data. We will definitely return to this hotel for special occasions.

• Liked — Helpful staff. Cleanliness and decor.
  • Disliked — The busy downtown location.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

Date: June 18, 2008.
Reviewer: A TripAdvisot Member in Houston, Texas.
Last week we went to Corpus Christi in Texas with another couple of my friends just for a weekend. We stayed in the hotel called "V Boutique Hotel" located at the Water Street just behind the Omni Hotel near to the front beach. The hotel is located in the building with 3 floors. From the out site, this building does not look any special, the first floor is the Vietnam Restaurant, the second floor is this hotel, and the third floor is the banquet. You can get to the hotel and the banquet from a separate elevator. When you walk into the restaurant, you would say "WOW". The decoration of this restaurant is one of a kind, you can only see this kind of decoration in some high end restaurants, and their menu is also special - Vietnamese French combination. Now let's show you our experience with this hotel. It's a small hotel (8 rooms), but you would feel very warm and cozy when you walk in to the main hall. The corridor is so beautiful with the soft lighting and very easy listening music. The decoration of the room does not look like other rooms in the big hotels. You feel like you are staying in your own apartment. The hotel has a gym room with all different type of equipments for anyone who wants to do some exercise. The service is excellent with the continental breakfast. We tried to find any detail that we could complain, but there was none! We were so please with our weekend with this hotel. We would give a A+ for this little hotel, and we would recommend it to any one who would like to find a piece of mind, total trouble free while staying in this hotel. Oh! We almost forget the about the price! You should call and check out their special deal for the week end.

• Liked — Decoration, clean & service
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to V Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!