“Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6717 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78412   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 82 hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, United States
“Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at Corpus Christi. We would consider staying again. We absolutely loved the front desk reps. They exceeded our expectations and provided wonderful customer service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our wonderful hotel. I am happy to hear all of the positive comments about our hotel and staff. The entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn is committed to excellence in our service and product, and we constantly strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction 100% of the time. If I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at your convenience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Corpus Christi.

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Breakfast cooked to order. Clean and modern looking lobby. Polite guest service. Warm chocolate cookies in the evening. Coffee 24 hours. Fast high speed internet. What else is there not to love about Garden Inn? Oh its literally next door to Cinemark :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Marion, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I rate the hotel high. I love the grill and pool area. We have come to Corpus twice and stayed here both times because we have toddlers that want to swim and we like to grill dinner. The front desk staff was very polite and helpful. The King size bed and sofa couch was perfect with a divided area and separate TVs for cartoons. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to South Padre or Corpus Christi. We are members and plan to come back every year to this location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Crosby, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Comfortable, beautiful and convenient. It is located out of the way past Airline off of SPID. I got sick during this trip, so it was great to get room service. It's close to the beach where you can take a brief drive and then go walk along Ocean Drive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Upon arrival-the front desk clerk, Shiela was welcoming and altogether genuinely nice! Our suite was big and comfortable and the bed -was a kingsize very very comfy and I really like the pillows-we got 2 each! We ordered room service and had the Mobley-it's only the juiciest burger evermade..thank you guys we loved it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

SAN ANTONIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is our 4th stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. My husband and I stayed there several years ago and my girlfriends and I have stayed 3 times. We used to stay at the Omni in downtown CC but found it rundown and unkept in 2009. So we switched to the Garden Inn and am been 100% pleased each and every time. The rooms and bathrooms are spotlessly clean with fresh linens.
We like the setback of the quiet location & the quick access to Padre Island, downtown, Padre Staples Mall, the restaurants, etc. This past weekend the hotel was fully booked. Yet Brittney G at the front desk managed to find 4 rooms for us on the 2nd floor. I wish I had gotten the names of other personnel at the front desk as all were exceptionally nice, friendly and so helpful. The breakfast is delicious! It's complimentary for Hilton Honors Gold, etc. We're already planning our next visit! Thank you to everyone at the Hilton!

Room Tip: We've stayed in various locations and have found all to be really quiet. This time my room was...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

McKinney, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Doubletree hotels are suppose to be nice, but in reality they are at best a crap shoot. Seem that HGI's are striving to be the same.

I spent 2 nights at the property in Corpus Christi, pulling up the building is awesome. Well kept in the look of a beach town. The lobby area and rooms look great as well. For me that's where it stopped.

Bad
1. TV did not work, in fairness it only took an hour after I called the front desk to get it fixed.
2. AC was not adjustable. Stuck at 65, I couldn't even turn it off, maintenance guy came up and got it off, but then I couldn't turn it back on.
3. I always thought you couldn't mess up breakfast, after all Denny's is still in business. Well their breakfast cook couldn't even work at Denny's. Greasy burnt hash-browns, burnt bacon and over cooked eggs. Plus you have to ask for a coffee refill.
4. No TV channel guide in the room and yes I blame them because the maid should have caught this.
5. The floor mat/towel was wet when I went to use it.
6. Dingy was the color of the day for sheets and towels.

Good
1. The rib-eye steak for dinner I had was tasty but a bit over-cooked, mashed potatoes were good and the salad was crisp and tasty.
2. The drain was slow but that was fixed after reporting it.
3. The property was clean and attractive.
4. Front desk staff was friendly.

One gripe I have is that I gave the guy at the front desk a list of problems and asked him to give it to the GM and I never heard anything from the GM. I don't want a free night, I received what I paid for, I don't want extra points, well I would always take those, but not asking for them. I just would have liked to have felt that the GM cared.

If you stay here, expect a clean room and a friendly staff. Not sure about the A/C or the food.

Room Tip: The hotel is off the road so noise shouldn't be a problem, but the back is up against a huge vac...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lynn F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I have taken your comments very seriously and will be sharing them with our staff. The good news is that the hotel has been purchased by a company committed to guest satisfaction and making sure the services are in line with what Hilton Garden Inn is all about. I would like to ask that you give us another try and the next time ask for me upon your arrival and I will assure your visit will be amazing.

Regards,
Barbara L. Israel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi? Share your experiences!