“El Constante” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Constante Beachfront Condominiums

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Corpus Christi
El Constante Beachfront Condominiums
14802 Windward Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418   |
Ranked #23 of 83 hotels in Corpus Christi
Arkansas
“El Constante”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2008

My fiance and I stayed at El Constante with his two kids and their friends. We had a great time, the staff was excellent. The lady at the front desk Anita was the best most friendly person we've met at resort of this kind. The pool was excellent and the kids enjoyed it as a break from the salty beach water. The rooms were clean and the furniture well kept up. We would love to make this trip once a year if possible and weould be happy to stay at El Constante again.

Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

We had the time of our lives, just us and our two kids. We've been four times, always great, but Unit 218 is the one to stay at, since the second bedroom has two twin beds instead of a double. The furnishings are great, and the views of the beach are like from a travel mag. Our kids love the beach, and the pool and the hot tub are spotlessly maintained. The staff there treat you like family.

Stayed September 2008
Austin, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

I have always been a free loader when it came to this website. Before I went on a vacation, I would always read the sometimes interesting comments but never would write one myself. I just recently returned from a four night stay at the El Constante Condo's in Corpus Christie. aka North Padre Island / J.P. Luby Beach.
Every year we head down to the El Constante as a family and spend our time on the beach. Just to let you know how long we have been going there, my first time I was about 14 years old, I'm now 33.
For the most part we have enjoyed our time down there but after this trip, I am going to have to convince my mother to let us head to Port A for future vacations.
When we checked in, the lady working the counter was less than nice. I know that sounds petty, and I realize we all have bad days but not only was she cold to my wife she could not tell us if the city had been picking up the seaweed that was taking over the beach. How could you not know? You work 50 feet from the ocean!
The condo itself was somewhat clean, other than the short hair found in our bed. The place has worn down over time but that's expected in the salt air and humidity.
The trip was good however on our last full day we were approached by an employee while out at the pool. She informed us that there was no alcohol allowed in the pool area. (We were drinking beer out of can's) I apologized but told her that every day after the beach we had been bringing our cooler out to the pool and it had never been a problem nor had anyone told in the previous days. Keep in mind I was with my 75 year old dad and my 72 year old mother so it's not as if we were getting crazy. We were polite and told her we would finish up and throw our cans away at which time she walked back into the office. It was then that I realized that she had walked by two other groups who were all drinking beer (one lady had a bottle of beer) and they were never told anything.
About two minutes later she came back out of the office, passed the same beer drinking groups and told us that we HAD to throw our beer cans out. She explained why the rule had been put in place then told us, if you want to put the beer in cups that would be fine. (So what is it, beer or no beer?)
I guess my point is this; We go to the coast as a family every year. We spend the day on the beach playing horseshoes and swimming in the water. As a Texas Boy I have always enjoyed a cold beer on a hot summer day. I am big on being polite and treating others as I am treated. Well, on that day, I took the high road because this self proclaimed "manager" was not very nice. If you feel the same way, El Constante is not for you. If you have young children then you may want to check it out.

I have to convince my mom that we need to go somewhere else for our summer vacation.
.......I gotta get outta here!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Very close to the beach.
  • Disliked — The angry staff.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

I am 21 and have been staying at El Constante at least once every summer since I was born. This place is like a second home to me.
I've never actually dealt with anyone in the office other then those that wash the towels and they have always been very nice. I know my parents and some of our family friends ,that come out with us every summer, have had some troubles with reservations being lost or with rooms being changed. These errors have always been corrected rather quickly though.
I've stayed at least once in almost all the units with half views of the ocean. Each has it's own beach-like style. Some do look older then others (the furniture, and pictures on the walls) but they are all comfortable. This is an older place, so if you are expecting 5 star resort rooms, then I would suggest staying... well on another beach.
North Padre is the perfect place for families and older couples, and El Constante offers everything you would need to feel as if you are living there. You do have to take out your own trash and do the dishes, but I think that makes the experience better, because it feels more like home. The pool area is fun and they are good about keeping people out after 11pm, so if your unit is facing the pool then the noise isn't a problem at night. The beach out front is perfect, and if you like hunting for sand crabs late at night then this is the prime location. They have a new pier type place that was built about two or three years ago just a short walk away that allows boats to get from the canal into the ocean. You can walk along both side of it. While I was there this past summer of 2007 there were turtles swimming near the rocks. It is a fun experience walking down there. You can fish off of this place as well.
All in all I think that El Constante is the perfect place for anyone to relax and become a beach bum for a few days!!!

• Liked — Feeling like home
  • Disliked — the stairs to the second floor units are sometime really hot
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
galveston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2007

Stayed at El Constantine Condos, Oct 26-29. Unit 208--terrible. The furniture looked like it belong in garage sale back in the 70's. Yes it did have a great view of the beach, but the balcony could only hold two people sitting in thier plastic chairs. The rug looked like it had stains all over it, and I am sure that it was the orginal carpet. The blanket on the master bed looked like it came from the Salvation army store some years ago. Do not think that you will get fresh towels each day, so save your dirty ones you will need them. I have stayed in many a Condo in Padre area, and this is one that I will never be back to, so be careful when you book this condo.

• Liked — view
  • Disliked — condo very dirty
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
San Antonio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

I have stayed at El Constante with a friend a couple of times and it was fantastic. She has been staying there at least once a year for the last ten years. We were at the pool and the wind is very strong as it usually is and I stood up from where I was laying and an umbrella that was on one of the tables flew off and the point (top) of it struck me in the mouth. This happened in front of the office where it was witnessed and absolutely nothing was done. They did not offer medical attention or even an icecube. I visited a dentist when I returned to San Antonio and had my mouth exrayed and luckily nothing happened but the bruising. Not one person came by to check on me even though I was bleeding and had ice put on it by my friend. This was our first day there and my mouth was bruised for the remainder of the week and then for another week following. I sent an email about this incident and until this day they have not called, emailed or offered sympathy, empathy or anything else. We have not been there since. We just got back yesterday and stayed at the condominiums next door and it was an incredible stay. We will not return to El Constante because their lack of concern and the fact that they totally ignored the situation. I have pictures I took of their maintenance man working on the umbrellas the day after. It was a nice and comfortable until their true colors showed because after ten years of staying there we weren't important to them.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — lack of concern for injured guest
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled as a couple
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2007

We just stayed at El Constante for an anniversary trip. I was a little hesitant after reading some reviews but we really enjoyed our stay. We asked to check out the room before paying and were pleasantly surprised with the decor and the cleanliness. All rooms are different in decoration but ours was nice. Tile floors were very clean too. What I really loved was the location! I could not have chosen a more perfect location for some quiet time without kids. I loved the seawall.....very peaceful for morning walks right near the ocean but not in the sand. I also loved our ocean view room. I spent alot of time sitting outside reading and listening to the waves. We also walked down to the jetties and enjoyed that. El Constante and the condos next door definitely have the best area of beach from the other hotels on Winward. They also had a beautiful pool area but we never tried it out. My only hesitation about going back with my kids is that our room looked to have some mold on parts of the ceiling. You can definitely tell that the condos are older. But in our room you had to look close (at the rusty door jam, baseboards, the popcorn ceiling, etc.)

• Liked — location, area attractions and restaurants, friendly people
  • Disliked — mold on ceiling in bathroom and bedroom
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to El Constante Beachfront Condominiums? Share your experiences!