“Tasty Fried Seafood” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
“Tasty Fried Seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Decided to try Snoopy's as I have heard others mention it was a good place. Visited late afternoon last week 8/20. It seemed a bit pricey for fried seafood but it was tasty enough. They only take cash and they do have any ATM on site. The soda selections they offer are all canned soda--no fountain machine. You put your order in at the counter as you walk in. They take down your name and call you when it is ready. My husband ordered a combo plate which came with 4 oysters, 4 shrimp and 4 fish fillets along with fries. I ordered the fried shrimp plate. My husband said he enjoyed his plate. The fish fillets are pretty small though. I'm not sure if they are bigger on some of the other dishes like the fish-n-chips but the ones on my husband's combo plate were significantly smaller than any other fish fillets I've seen. My shrimp plate was tasty but the shrimp were a bit on the small size as well. With the two plates and two sodas it came out to about $35.00. The quality of the food and the establishment itself kind of reminded me of Blackbeard's. I give it 3.5 stars and all in all I would probably visit again when I'm in the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
San Antonio
“Best Fish & Chips Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Every year we go to Port Aransas and always make a point to stop at Snoopys on the drive home from Port A. It is not big on service the man who owns it is very nice though but the employees not so much. My Husband and I get the same thing every time the fried fish and fries. The fish is fantastic. I have tried to re-create this at home but have not been able to however it sustains us till the next year when we get to go back to Snoopy's. I always want to try the v=crab cakes or something different but cant seem to venture away from that fried fish! It is hot in there though so be prepared, we always get our food to go via call in order.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Fish n' chips Texan Style!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Every time I go to Corpus Christi I have to stop in this place. In brief, Snoopy's is a seafood restaurant that provides local harvested seafood at affordable prices. My favorite combo: "fish & chips" + Shiner Bock.

BTW... only cash is accepted here!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful Shrimp & Cold Beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

THEY TAKE CASH ONLY, but they have an ATM. Kind of a quirky place that I think attracts more locals than tourists. You can sit outside right on the Gulf. The manager is very funny and keeps everything light and fun. I would highly recommend the fresh local broiled shrimp served cold w/the saw. Not a big fan of the fries or hush puppies, but the fish & chips was tasty...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Seagull stole the grilled cheese sandwich!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Hot, Hot, Hot! It is hot outside in Texas and Snoopy's is no exception. They have outdoor seating and indoor seating but I think they could have used a few more fans. It was hot out and if I weren't used to the heat, I would have been uncomfortable. They do not have waiters/waitresses...you order when you walk in the door. I would have preferred otherwise. The food was pretty good. I give it 3.5 stars instead of 4 stars. We had the crab cakes and a burger. They were nothing to write home about as they were just okay.
Funny thing happened though... there was 1/2 grilled cheese sandwich on the table and a seagull flew in and stole the entire 1/2 of sandwich. It was hilarious!!

• 3 of 5 stars Food