We stayed at this property based on all the glowing reviews written here. We travel a lot and I would rate this hotel a three or four on average, but certainly not a five like many other reviewers here. I'm giving this hotel a rating of two because of all the problems we experienced while staying here 8 days.
First of all this hotel has very comfortable beds, but slightly lumpy pillows, soft towels and soft toilet paper. Each room has it's own kitchenette, complete with a two burner cook top (no oven) and full sized fridge, dishwasher and fridge. There is free coffee, tea and microwave popcorn supplied in your room.
Free wireless internet is available in each room and free internet is also available in the business center too. (The business center only has one computer though)
A simple buffet breakfast is served in the lobby area 6:00am to 9:00am weekdays and 7:00am to 10:00am Saturday and Sunday. This includes texas shaped waffles which are very good, toast, bagels, some pastries, scambled eggs, sausage or bacon and one other hot entree that changes daily, like biscuits and gravy. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juice, yogurt, oatmeal and cereal.
A manager's snack/supper is also available Monday to Thursday evenings from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. This includes wine & beer, salad, dessert and one hot entree. The one hot main entree changes daily. This could consist of soup, chilli, baked potato, pasta, hotdogs, burgers, etc. It is only one of these items at the buffet, not all of the items listed in the example.
The hotel is conveniently located next door to 16 movie theatres and several restaurants including: IHOP, Texas Roadhouse, Golden Corral Buffet. There is a Walmart Superstore with groceries about 5 blocks away. It is best to have a rental car from this location to get around and to try some great restaurants like Wings and more (chicken wings & ribs) Silverado Smokehouse (bbq) and Longhorn Steak & Ale (steak).
Upon checking into our room in the evening everything looked good. This changed when we woke up in the morning and realized that the previous guests dirty dishes were in our sink and we were missing the basket that holds the coffee on our coffee maker, so we couldn't make coffee. We told the front desk, were met with very friendly service and it was taken care of.
The next morning we went to cash a travelers cheque at the front desk and were told unless your a Hilton preferred member they do not cash travelers cheques. This was a $20.00 travelers cheque. The front desk referred us to the First Convenience bank at Walmart. We wanted to cash two travelers cheques and this bank will cash one for free, but for two they charge a fee.
The following day we went to use the pool and it was too cold to swim in although it is heated. The hot tub was barely lukewarm. We mentioned this to the front desk and nothing was done for two days until we mentioned it for the second time to a regular staffer.
The following day our maid helped herself to our candy while cleaning our room. Although, it may sound lame, I had a few candies lined up like playing cards by flavor in the wicker basket in our room. I knew how many candies I had and what flavors I had. When we returned to our room the maid purposely messed up all the candies in the basket and helped herself to several of them. We were not impressed as we left her a good tip and she could of bought herself a huge bag of candy instead of taking a few of ours. Perhaps, you think candy is no big deal, but what is next? We felt we should say something to the manager as the maid could end up taking more valuable items from guests in the future. Upon speaking to the manager we found out that Hilton has an anti-theft policy and theft is not tolerated no matter how small. She was glad we reported the incident and she said the maids need to know that if something goes missing out of a room the guests will notice. That theft of small items can lead to theft of more valuable items in the future. We were compensated over this incident.
The sheets in our room were not changed the entire 8 days we were there. I had dribbled some coffee on the sheet a few days after we were there, so that is how I know. The floors were sticky and needed washing, there was someone elses coffee splashes on our door, the burner drip trays were not cleaned, the tops of pictures, the microwave, dressers, etc. were quite dusty. I would consider general cleaning here average, but we have stayed in three star hotels that have higher cleaning standards than here and we expected more from a Hilton property.
Without the theft and more thorough dusting/cleaning this hotel can be top notch, as the friendly service and aim to please attitude was the only thing that kept us from checking out.
If you choose to stay here, we hope your stay is less problematic than ours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi Hotel TX hotel is located in the heart of Corpus Christi, Texas, popularly known as the "Sparkling City by the Sea"! Ideally situated just five minutes from Corpus Christi International Airport in Texas, our Corpus Christi Beach hotel provides the perfect accommodation for both short term visitors and extended stay guests. All guests can enjoy our daily complimentary Suite Start Hot Breakfast and the Welcome Home evening reception, featuring a complimentary light meal and beverages Monday through Thursday evenings (subject to state and local laws). Expect separate sleeping and living areas in our studios and one and two bedroom suites with sleeper sofa. Enjoy a fully equipped kitchen, WiFi and flat screen TVs. Consider upgrading to a larger suite that feels more like an apartment. Find more time to do what you want by engaging our shopping service. We will pick up your groceries for you so you will be ready to work or play when you arrive. Discover other business and family amenities at our Corpus Christi hotel. Take advantage of the full-service membership to Gold's Gym available to guests on a complimentary basis. Enjoy our proximity to beaches, shopping, attractions and business, your Corpus Christi TX Home Away from Home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Corpus Christi Hotel Corpus Christi
- Homewood Suites Corpus Christi
- Homewood Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Homewood Suites