“This Hotel Used to be Better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina

You added Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   707 N Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78401 (Formerly Omni Corpus Christi Hotel Marina Tower)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #33 of 82 Hotels in Corpus Christi
ROCIADA
“This Hotel Used to be Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for several days about 11 years ago when the hotel was still part of the Omni chain. It is now a Holiday Inn, and it has not fared well in the change. I stayed here for three nights while attending a conference in downtown Corpus Christi. The room I had on the 16th floor had a great view of the marina, but later, I realized soon enough (when I attempted to go to sleep) that the wall the bed was on backed up to the elevator shaft. All night it sounded like a roller-coaster coming at me. I also had trouble with the air conditioner. It was not working by the second day and the room was humid and hot. The staff (who were all very nice) did send someone to make a repair, which consisted of taking out the malfunctioning part (some kind of valve) and jerry-rigging the a/c so that it ran constantly. After the repair the thermostat could not be adjusted, so it was soon freezing cold in the room, which was better than hot and humid, but not what you expect from what is supposed to be one of the better hotels in town. Additionally, my coffee maker did not work. The first morning I was able to get a half cup out of it. I asked for a new coffee maker, and when I came back from the day's conference, a new one was sitting on the desk, however the old one was still in the bathroom and I had not been given a coffee cup, so no coffee at all (not even a half of a cup) on the second morning. The water softener in the hotel was working double-time so the soap in the shower was hard to rinse off. Because of the soft water, the floor of the bathtub was so slick I had to put down a towel inside the tub to keep from falling. I complained to the front desk about this as well, but was told that there were no rubber mats available. The restaurant downstairs had a breakfast buffet for $14 but the food was worth about half that much. The second morning, they were having problems with kitchen and wait staff not showing up, and so the buffet was minimal and picked over but there was no reduction in price. The third day we walked across the street for breakfast. The parking garage was convenient although the security gate was broken and stayed in the open position the entire time I was there. I don't know why I was given a security number to punch in for the gate to open. However, they did deduct the parking fee from my bill. The internet did not work well, kept going off, so I had to keep restarting and logging back in -- annoying. This used to be a superior hotel, and it is still clean with good beds and a pleasant staff, but for this trip, I wish I had booked at the Omni hotel down the street.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Friendly and helpful staff who believes in going the extra mile for guests satisfaction. Great service is something I look for travelling as much as I do so I truly appreciated the efforts. I will definitely return the next time I am in the area.

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had the pleasure of staying at this location on a recent trip to Corpus. Wonderful amenities and absolutely perfect location. The staff was professional and accommodating and the hotel was clean and comfortable. Look no further if you are looking for a place in CC.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My family and I stayed at this property a week ago; I must say the hotel was very clean and the staff was nice & friendly.
I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family! Keep up the great job!

Dana

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed that this property last week while on a short buisness trip. It was very convenient to my office and a beautiful location right by the water. I was on an upper floor with a nice view right out my window. The King Size room was nice and had everything I needed for my one night stay. I ordered the room service which was delivered promptly. The meal was presented well and was tastey . I would recommend this property for anyone in the area and would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Tom W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 1 week ago
pmgirl,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve our service to our customers.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Location, location, location. Right on the water, gorgeous views. Hotel was clean and room was nice. No funky smells. The hotel is downtown in the business district and you can walk along the water. We watched the dolphins play.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
bradley e,
Thank you for staying with us and for the 4 star review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and got to enjoy the dolphins- I could watch them all day!
DFW, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First things first: the breakfast tacos. Skip the expensive restaurant breakfast and head to the gift shop/coffee shop for some authentic foil-wrapped breakfast tacos complete with red or green salsa. Faster, tastier and, at $2.50 apiece, a much better value.

Now that we have the important things out of the way...
I traveled to Corpus for a conference and my company booked my stay; when I read some of these reviews, I was kind of nervous about the hotel. But I ended up having a pleasant stay without any problems. The hotel is being renovated, so I'm guessing that some of the negative reviews were written in an earlier state of disrepair. My room was comfortable, quiet and clean.

The service was excellent. When I arrived, I learned that my reservation had been messed up by the travel agency. It wasn't the hotel's fault, but Victor at the front desk helpfully took care of everything and smoothed out the situation.

As for the non-taco amenities: There is a free airport shuttle, but it takes a while to arrive, so call as soon as you can from the plane so it can start heading your way. Likewise, the shuttle from the hotel to the airport runs only on the hour, but mine was running 15-20 minutes late, so give yourself extra time.

There is a fitness center, but it's pretty small, so if you want to work out at a popular time (early morning), don't count on getting the particular equipment you want.

My conference was at the American Bank Center, which is eight or nine blocks down Shoreline Boulevard. It's a pleasant walk in the daytime, no cab necessary. Overall, it was a good stay, and I'd recommend it for the business traveler.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Tom W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
DFWtiger,
Thank you for staying with us and for the review of your stay. We understand we can be much better in all areas of the hotel, our service team is committed and as the renovation wraps up we are confident we will have a much better rating on TripAdvisor and other sites.

Been to Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina? Share your experiences!