“To be expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina

You added Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   707 N Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78401 (Formerly Omni Corpus Christi Hotel Marina Tower)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #34 of 82 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“To be expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Location, location, location. Right on the water, gorgeous views. Hotel was clean and room was nice. No funky smells. The hotel is downtown in the business district and you can walk along the water. We watched the dolphins play.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 3 days ago
bradley e,
Thank you for staying with us and for the 4 star review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and got to enjoy the dolphins- I could watch them all day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
DFW, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First things first: the breakfast tacos. Skip the expensive restaurant breakfast and head to the gift shop/coffee shop for some authentic foil-wrapped breakfast tacos complete with red or green salsa. Faster, tastier and, at $2.50 apiece, a much better value.

Now that we have the important things out of the way...
I traveled to Corpus for a conference and my company booked my stay; when I read some of these reviews, I was kind of nervous about the hotel. But I ended up having a pleasant stay without any problems. The hotel is being renovated, so I'm guessing that some of the negative reviews were written in an earlier state of disrepair. My room was comfortable, quiet and clean.

The service was excellent. When I arrived, I learned that my reservation had been messed up by the travel agency. It wasn't the hotel's fault, but Victor at the front desk helpfully took care of everything and smoothed out the situation.

As for the non-taco amenities: There is a free airport shuttle, but it takes a while to arrive, so call as soon as you can from the plane so it can start heading your way. Likewise, the shuttle from the hotel to the airport runs only on the hour, but mine was running 15-20 minutes late, so give yourself extra time.

There is a fitness center, but it's pretty small, so if you want to work out at a popular time (early morning), don't count on getting the particular equipment you want.

My conference was at the American Bank Center, which is eight or nine blocks down Shoreline Boulevard. It's a pleasant walk in the daytime, no cab necessary. Overall, it was a good stay, and I'd recommend it for the business traveler.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Tom W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 1 week ago
DFWtiger,
Thank you for staying with us and for the review of your stay. We understand we can be much better in all areas of the hotel, our service team is committed and as the renovation wraps up we are confident we will have a much better rating on TripAdvisor and other sites.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our overall experince at the holiday inn was improved majorly by the two starbucks employess, jennifer and jaime who work the afternnon shfit and adrian who delivered our dinner to our hotel room. All three of these amazing people were well mannered and very sociable. They care about their customers and you can tell. Adrian came to our room and was so polite while serving us. He smoothly handled our receipt problems without one complaint or frown. He was a very friendly man and i would tip him abundantly if you happen to run across his services. Now on to jennifer and jaime. These two young women were the most freindly and caring people we have ever met. Not only did they serve us delicious drinks at starbucks but they provided us with an intersting,comfortable conversation which brightened our evening greatly. My friend and i were having a bad day and they just made us the most gigilly and happy thirteen year olds out there. I highly recommend your stay here at the gorgeous Holdiay Inn in downtown marina chorpus christi. The breakfast is reasonably priced, the gift shop and starbucks on the ground level are amaing and these employees will blow your mind with their magnificent service. (:

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Tom W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Chrystal E,
Thank you for staying with us and for commenting on your interaction with our staff. Jennifer, Jaime and Adrian are some of our best and I will make sure to share your comments with each of them.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel management is not responsive or understanding of cancellation for reservations regardless of circumstances. I am still pursuing a recept for a stay in mid Feb 2015 and it is now a March 7th. Multiple phone calls and numerous contact with rewards program and still no resolution.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Tom W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dennis R,
Our hotel is more then happy to work with our customers when they encounter difficulty getting to the hotel and make an effort to notify the hotel prior to the date of arrival. This allows the hotel to make that room available for re-sale.Regrettably when we recieve a call a month after the reservation was due to stay it is too late to canel the reservation. This policy is similar to the airline or rental care industry and consistent with most hotel brands.
Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped for the night on a last minute motorcycle trip. Easy walk across the street to marina where we found boats to look at, a couple of resturants and a floating tiki bar. The hotel bar was small and quiet with good drinks which were reasonably priced. Interestingly a hotel guest returned to the bar with his pj's on for his nightcap. Obviously a regular guest. The room was clean with a reasonable view of the marina. Do NOT stay in room 2015 as it backs up the elevator and you will be up all night. That is where the good bar drinks came in handy. Small store with Starbucks and a resturant but we didn't use either. All in all good stay.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Lisa E,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review the hotel. I will need to look into the guest in the PJ's as we would expect our customers regular or not to dress appropriately when in the public areas. we hope you will stay with us again on future visits to Corpus Christi.
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family and I stayed at this hotel over spring break. Our main reason for coming to Corpus Christi is that our 10-year old daughter wanted to visit the Selena museum.
Just a heads up-this hotel DOES CHARGE HOTEL GUESTS for parking-$10/day. Yes, hotel GUESTS have to pay for parking. At least it is in a parking garage and passcode protected, but I do think that they should just figure that into the price of the hotel stay.
I knew this upfront so I wasn't caught off guard. They're probably not going to change this because I'm sure that they make a good deal of money from it. Anyways, as far as the hotel goes, it's an older property that is currently under renovation. They have made a lot of progress, but the renovation is still ongoing. They do need to tend to a few small things though. Management might not think that guests notice these small things, but they do.
A couple of things that I noticed were just outside of the elevators. I can't remember what floor we were on, but when you got out of the elevator the carpet was stained and also the wall that has a window to the outside of the elevator had some of the wallpaper coming off. These are pretty quick and simple fixes that should have been taken care of.
Our room was nice. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was good size, and the view from our room overlooking the water and the boats was very nice, but you can't open the sliding glass door to access the balcony for safety reasons.
The pool is partly inside/partly outside. It's a nice pool, but there is no hot tub. This is a big selling point for me at any hotel, but we decided to stay here anyways due to the proximity of this hotel to the water front. We actually went to the beach, but it was about a half-mile walk. Also, the Selena statue "mirador de la flor" was just a short walk from the hotel. The USS Lexington is also fairly close although we did not have time to go.
I ordered a margarita on the rocks from the bar for my wife and she said that it was the best margarita that she ever had. Also, the lady working at the bar was very nice. The front desk area and the restaurant and bar areas have been nicely remodeled.
My wife did have a slight accident in the room when we were getting ready in the morning. She was setting up the ironing board and she accidentally cut her foot on the door stop that was bare metal-the protective covering that it should have had on it was missing. I immediately reported this to the front desk and they promptly sent a maintenance guy and a first-aid guy to the room. The maintenance guy went and got a cover for the door stop and got it installed. The first aid guy checked out the cut on my wife's foot and got her all fixed up. Excellent job from these guys! Both were very courteous and professional They also both apologized for the accident. Both of these guys are definitely an asset to the hotel. Keep up the good work! It's comforting to know that this hotel does have first-aid immediately available. I'm not sure if this is available 24 hours a day or just during the day, but either way, you don't get this at most hotels.
Overall, this is a nice hotel and when they finish the renovations it should be one of the nicest in the area.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Traveler oooooooooo,
Thank you for staying with and for the 4 star review. The hotel is currently under renovation and issues like the carpet and wall vinyl will all be addressed. I am happy to see that our service staff responded quickly to the request for first aid but we need to do a better job of inspecting the rooms for safety hazzards before we rent the room and I will address that with the staff. Our food and beverage team does a great job so we are not surprised to hear your wife enjoyed her drink.
Thanks
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for the price and location which both were very satisfactory. The location is near the marina which is great to walk around and have lots of places to eat near by but either go early or make reservations or its a wait. The hotel staff were absolutely wonderful and very helpful. The rooms were very roomy and the bed was also very comfortable. The only two things I would say is this is the only Holiday Inn that I stayed at (and I have travelled lots ) that didn't offer a continental breakfast of any type. Not a big deal but at least they have a little store where they have Starbucks coffee and muffins right there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Carmen,
Thank you for staying with us and for the 4 star review. We are happy to see that you and the family enjoyed your visit to Corpus Christi and we hope to see you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina? Share your experiences!