“Below Average for standard Holiday Inn Care” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina

You added Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   707 N Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78401 (Formerly Omni Corpus Christi Hotel Marina Tower)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #35 of 82 Hotels in Corpus Christi
usa
“Below Average for standard Holiday Inn Care”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The location of this property is absolutely beautiful, right across from the bay. Scenery outside is brilliant especially in the morning. That being said, I was disappointed in the room itself. My room overlooked the parking garage of the neighboring hotel. Balconies do not open. The room we stayed in on the 5th floor, non smoking, was very outdated. Being outdated in the bathroom especially, leaves a feeling of uncleanliness. The toiletries were minimal and not of good quality. The bed was comfortable. The room was almost completely void of electrical outlets. We had to pull out the plugs to lamps and tv in order to charge our electrical devices. This is the first Holiday inn I have been to that charges for parking and breakfast. I was told by any locals that I should have stayed at the neighboring hotel which is very tell-tale. The gentleman at the front desk was very humble and amicable. I did not have a chance to use the pool facilities. Also, the wifi did not work. I received a message that it is down for the entire duration of my stay there.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Huntsville texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Not a bad place to sleep. Hotel food and drinks of course to expensive read fine print before ordering room service. The air conditioning could use some work can't set below 60 and it does not cool down nearly that close, summer might be uncomfortable. The bar should be avoided, not much alcohol in the drinks and the beers listed as imports include Shiner and Sam Adams. Staff was pleasantly helpful and friendly. Overall not spectacular but decent place to crash if the fix the above.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel for one night. Parking is available for an extra charge. Breakfast was an upcharge so we elected to eat elsewhere. The desk staff were very helpful with local restaurants. The biggest dissapointment is that this room had a small balcony with a beautiful view of Corpus Christie bay but the sliding glass window was permanently locked. My pictures would have been better if the outside of the window was clean. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean.

Room Tip: Ask if they have room with opening balcony facing the Bay, the view is amazing.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the balcony doors not opening but we do keep them locked to ensure the environment in the rooms stays clean and comfortable from the outside elements that the humidity causes here on the coast. We do hope that you return in the near future and please feel free to use the other outlets that our full service hotel has to offer on your next visit.

Ross Rutherford
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Volleyball mom, here. My daughter had a tournament in Corpus Christi, and we had to stay at a hotel on the housing bureau's site. I understand there are some nice hotels in Corpus, but this wasn't one of them. I am not a fan of regular "hotels". The kind that don't have a mini refrigerator, no complimentary breakfast, etc. This is a regular hotel. The first thing I noticed when I get into my room is that there is a used and dried washcloth hanging on top of the shower curtain rod. Not a great start. As Dory the fish would say, "good feelings gone". From that point on everything had to be wiped down with Lysol wipes. Of course my daughter and I always wear "hotel flip flops" because the carpet and floor in hotel rooms are gross. During my cleaning frenzy I wiped up a really long grey hair off of the nightstand. Eeew.

There was no luggage rack to set my bag on when I looked in the closet, I had to call the front desk to inquire about that. Thankfully someone brought a rack to me, because I didn't want to put my bag on the floor. The bed was kind of creepy because the linens were not normal hotel linens. They just didn't feel right. All of the lighting in the room was fluorescent, but not the color corrected bulbs, so the room never looked right. I never turned on the TV, so I can't tell you about that. I did have a nice little lanai, because I had a bay view room. But since I was only on the fourth floor, the glass door was locked. I guess too many guests tried to hop off of the lanai onto the roof of the lobby from there.

What I don't understand is, there's no fan in the bathroom to suck out the steam. This is a steamy climate. I can imagine that in the summer, the walls are just dripping with moisture. We only got two sets of towels for each of the nights we stayed. It's always nice to have two bath towels per person, especially us ladies. I didn't have the energy to ask for more towels, my bad.

There were no recycling bins of any kind, anywhere in this hotel. I had several plastic bottles that could have been recycled, so that was disappointing. We didn't enjoy either of the pools, or eat in the restaurant, so no comment there. The lobby is very spacious, so if you wanted to hang out with a team or friends it's a nice place. The lobby has been remodeled recently. I hope that means the guest rooms are going to be next. The wi-fi is free, but good luck connecting to it. My daughter is now going to go over her limit for the month. Parking is $5 a night for self-parking. They offer valet for $15, but I never saw anybody to take a car.

I didn't have high expectations for this hotel, because the last time I stayed in a hotel in Corpus it was also pretty nasty. The climate is very humid place, and everything gets grungy pretty fast.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to provide your feedback. I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations and apologize for the cleanliness of the room and have addressed this with housekeeping. We have gone with a more modern luggage bench in the rooms instead of the old standard luggage rack, but we do have the old style racks available upon request, if guests do not want to use the luggage benches located in the room.

I will look into the hotel linen issue as all of our linens are IHG approved and we are required to use a certain type of linen so they are uniform with all IHG brand hotels. I apologize for the lighting and will look into this as well, as all of our light in the entire hotel was changed over to LED lights and all the fluorescent lighting was removed last year, but will make sure your room was not missed.

Again we thank you for your feedback and hope your travels brings you back to the Corpus Christi area.
Clermont, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for one night. The hotel is right across from the marina which is a great location and wonderful views. They have several restaurants in the area to choose from. The hotel itself is nice. The rooms were clean, comfortable beds, free wifi. The pool is indoor flowing to outdoor with an extensive lounging area with many chairs. This was one of the better pool areas I have seen. They have a sauna and workout room. They offer a buffet for a fee which would be expected in the location of the hotel. The only small issue was the paint in my room was bubbling on the ceiling which is caused by humidity. Really not that big of a deal because everything was very clean.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking time to write a review about the hotel and its surroundings. I do apologize for the issue in your room and we are making plans to get this corrected. We look forward to you next visit in the near future.
Saint Joseph, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel was set up by the nice folks at the Signature Flight Support facility at the Corpus Christi International Airport. It is downtown and right on the waterfront across the street from the Marina. Nice hotel with everything you need. Free Wifi. Ask for a room with a view of the Marina / Waterfront. Staff was welcoming and rooms are well appointed and clean. There are plenty of good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. A good choice for lodging when staying in Corpus Christi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Marina / Waterfront area.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking time to write a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and the wonderful views our property has. We hope that you return again and I will thank the folks at Signature Flight for thinking of us and trusting us to take care of their clients.
New Braunfels, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed one night at this Holiday Inn while attending a concert downtown. We were originally at the Best Western Corpus Christi Marina. The other hotel was so bad, I walked into this Holiday Inn and asked if they had any available rooms for our second night, 6/24/14. They had availability, and my husband and I had a very nice experience staying here, even though it was only one night. The lobby and lounge area on the first floor is beautiful and very modern. The hotel has a wonderful pool area on the third floor. The rooms were nice and clean, though somewhat small. There are balconies, but have been bolted shut. I don't know if this may be for insurance reasons or otherwise. I can understand the higher floors, but a lower floor balcony access would have made the stay even better since the room had a beautiful view of the marina. The free WiFi internet was outstanding. There was a coffee shop in the lobby (maybe a Starbucks?) in the AM. Did have to pay for the coffee, but it was very good. I would definitely stay here again on another visit to downtown Corpus Christi. Thank you for rescuing our road trip experience, Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: Ask for a Marina view if available
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you on your last night to Corpus. Thank you for the kinds words about our hotel. I do apologize for our balconies not being accessible, but with the humidity here in Corpus we try to keep the building sealed as much as possible to make sure we provide a comfortable and clean environment for our guests. We look forward to you return in the near future.

Been to Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina? Share your experiences!