“Ok but they have screwy policies” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina

You added Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   707 N Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78401 (Formerly Omni Corpus Christi Hotel Marina Tower)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #33 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Ithaca, New York
“Ok but they have screwy policies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

So this hotel is likely 3.5 stars based on location and appearance. The staff is friendly but the hotel could use a nice refresh. They are undergoing some renovations so you can see how that pans out.

Now for their crappy responses to a minor issue - there was a $10 charge that should not have been. No biggie right? I go to the front desk at checkout and the girl says "I can't do anything that is a gift shop charge". And then she sends me away to them. First of all, I have NEVER had a front desk agent give me the run around like this. Anyway, I go to the gift shop. There is a long line (starbucks) but when it is my turn, the poor gal says "Im sorry, it's not our charge the front desk can fix it!"

Needless to say, I walked out as I had to get to the airport. And I will never stay here again. Unfortunately, the goodness of the staff is outweighed by management stupidity. Oh well. Stay here of the prices are cheap and you don't expect much.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are currently moving forward with our renovations and are about 75% complete at this time. I do apologize for the issue with the $10 charge and will address this with the Front Desk staff. Please feel free to contact us so that we can make any proper adjustment that is needed.

I do hope that you return in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had the most WONDERFUL Holiday Party at this hotel. The staff, especially Tana Smith and Juan Gomez, were AMAZING!!!!! We put the whole thing together in 2 weeks and it was a most PERFECT evening. Tana worked with me and stayed within my budget. Then today I got an email that they gave me a credit on my account. What a pleasant surprise. Juan was the BEST the night of the party keeping the timeline of events and making it so easy. I didn't have to ask for anything. Juan had everything thought of before I had to ask for anything. I am so pleased with the ENTIRE staff!!!! I will definitely have more of my parties there and recommend this hotel to ALL my family and friends. Thank you so much to Juan, Tana, Boerke and the entire staff for making my YEAR. I can't say it enough. THANK YOU!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for selecting us for your recent event. I will make sure the staff sees your wonderful comments and we hope to see you again for many more Holiday Parties to come.
Radford, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I read the other reviews but had already booked so was locked in:( like everyone else said, this place needs an update badly. They say they have renovated but new carpet n paint isn't emough. It needs to be gutted and rebuild. Bathrooms tiny, low grade towels, similar to a budget hotel!! Non usable balcony but view was nice... Lobby was the best space, but elevators hallways and all else need help. Mold in showers, dirty ceiling tile, dirty q tip in ice area, and carpet in hallways nasty. Dirty furniture!! Had blood on sheets when we checked in!!! Yuck!!! Will not b back..

• Stayed November 2014
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to do a review. I am sorry that you felt locked in for your reservation. Depending on when you wanted to cancel we may have been able to assist. We are working to complete the renovations and have nearly completed the room renovations and are now working on getting the room corridors updated. Our towels are based on the current IHG specifications and will get with them to see if they will approve us upgrading them. We are currently working on removing the old out dated tile in the bathrooms and adding a more modern material that helps us control mildew. I do apologize for the issue with the sheets and will get this addressed with our housekeeping department. I do hope that you will return to see our current improvements.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The floor we stayed on still had the aroma of fresh carpet. The pool and area surrounding the pool could use updating and I am hopeful they will get to it. The pull out sofa had some unknown stains but the room was comfortable and clean. The location is what makes this a great place.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay. Yes, we do have the pool deck area slotted for a renovation, but may not be until after summer of 2015. We hope that you do return in the future to see our continued improvements we are making.
Oakton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for a business trip and loved the location. Very close to good seafood restaurants and I went for a run on the nearby boardwalk. The room was very clean and I had a great view of the marina. The staff was great.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and we look forward to your return.
Hudiksvall, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the ideal placed hotel just some few yards from the marina walk. My room had a beutiful view of the marina and I was most exited to watch the small shrimp vessels heading for every morning catch. Close and within walking distances to great reataurants as well.

Room Tip: Get a room with a sea view, well worth it.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our location convenient to what downtown has to offer. We hope that you return to see many more sun rises over the Marina.
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is one of the more disappointing holiday inns in the system. The staff is inept. Housekeeping is extremely lazy. My room was lightly cleaned, I'm surprised the sheets were changed. Food at the hotel is extremely over priced. Ice machines are disgusting. It's painfully obvious that the management will not invest in the customers comfort.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking time to provide your feedback. I do apologize for any issue that you experienced and would love to hear more in detail about your experience so that they can be addressed. I apologize if our food was over priced, but our prices are actually lower than many of the restaurants in the area. We do have new ice machines being put in that better meet quality standards. We are also in the process of completing rooms with new furniture and room corridor carpet and wall texture. We are doing everything we can to try and make each guest stay relaxing and inviting. We do hope that you return to see the many improvements that are being made.

Been to Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina? Share your experiences!