“Amended review” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   707 N Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78401 (Formerly Omni Corpus Christi Hotel Marina Tower)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #33 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Amended review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I wrote a review about how filthy this hotel was, from the elevators, all the way up to my room, and then the dirty wash rags we found in the bathroom. After thinking about it, I decided to go ahead and complain. They immediately asked if they could move us to a clean room. They came up to us on the 10th floor and brought us the keys. They new room was WAAAY better. The view wasn't as great, but who cares??!!! It's all about "the clean" for this family!! So I upped my rating and felt it was only fair to amend my review.

Stayed September 2014
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your amended review and I am glad to hear that we did do something to help make your stay a better one. I again apologize for what you experienced upon your arrival and do hope that this does not affect your future visit with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We decided to stay here on a last minute whim, for our 10 yr olds birthday weekend. From the elevators to the room..everything was filthy, like I don't want to touch it, filthy. The carpet in the hallway to the room is disgusting, as is the bathroom. There were DIRTY USED wash rags hung over the shower curtain and long black hairs all over the bathroom floor. GAH-ROSS!! The small size or the fact that it's older accommodations doesn't bother me, however, there is NO excuse for dirty. I will not ever return. Upside...view of the marina is nice.

Stayed September 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and I do apologize for what you experienced during your visit. I have addressed this with our housekeeping department and assure you this is not normal. We hope to get our renovation of our sleeping room hallways started soon. I do hope that you return to see our improvements.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Spent $190 to check in at 2:30 am and check out at 7:00 am the same day. The room was nothing special, dirty carpet and mold near the air vent, a broken iron and hair dryer but I'm sure the view of the bay from the 15th floor would have been nice had we been there to actually see it. May be a good location but don't let that fool you!

• Stayed September 2014
Thank you for your recent stay. I do apologize that you were not able to enjoy the hotel more and do hope that your return trip allows more time to enjoy what the Hotel has to offer.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I specifically asked for an ocean view during reservations. When I got to the hotel, it looked like there was a disconnect between what reservations promised me and the front desk staff. The manager on site, Andy Lopez, went over and beyond in making sure I got what I was promised. The staff were nice...the location is beautiful. My mum and I got a well needed relaxing stay.

Room Tip: This hotel is at an angle. So what you get is an angular ocean view, not a direct one.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate your original request on the ocean view. We look forward to your return in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I were in town for a concert recently and stayed here. The overall experience was great but one staff member really went above and beyond. Without going into details there were two young girls from out of town who were stranded at the concert. They were alone in a city where they knew no one and were too young to check in alone. I had never met them before. They were dropped off by a police officer in front of the hotel in my care at 1:30 in the morning because they had nowhere else to go and my daughter wanted to help them, as she was aware of the situation after meeting them at the concert. With the help of Roy at the front desk we were finally able to get them a warm, safe place to sleep for the night at 2:30 in the morning. It all turned out wonderful and they made it home safely the next morning. Roy and I gave each other a high five when the ordeal was over. He's awesome!

• Stayed September 2014
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent stay and on the behalf of the Hotel we would like to thank you as well for your assistance in helping the young ladies that were stranded. I will let Roy know that you recognized him. Thank you again for your assistance and we hope to see you soon on your next visit to Corpus Christi.
Houston, TX.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Really nice for a Holiday Inn. It's a high rise right along the bay. Great views and great location. I think the room I stayed in had been recently redone. It was fresh and clean. The one thing I didn't like is that the balcony doors don't open. Not sure why but they are all locked shut. I've stayed in water front rooms all over the world and have never experienced this. Friendly staff. Would like to see free parking but it's not priced too bad, much cheaper than in bigger cities but still for such a small town it seems like it should be free for guests.

Room Tip: I believe all room have waterfront views
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent visit and review. I'm glad that you enjoyed the location and the views. I do apologize for the balconies not being accessible but due to how are A/C system was designed we do keep the balcony doors locked to help seal the building from the humid air as this reduces the issues that the humidity causes later down the road. We do with that we could offer free parking but since the city charges for parking on the streets we had to put this in place to make sure we had parking for our guests. I do hope that you return in the near future.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The room smelled stale, the carpet was stained and dirty, mold in the shower and torn and damaged furniture. We booked for a wedding and stayed on Marriott points. Had we been paying for this room, we would've left and cancelled our reservation. We also asked the staff for a breakfast spot Saturday morning that we could walk to and they directed us to two different places that didn't open for 2 hours.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review. I do apologize for the issues that you experienced and will look into them. I am not sure about the Marriott points as we are an IHG property, but will address the issues mentioned to make sure these issues are not happening nor will happen again.

Been to Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina? Share your experiences!