“Dirty!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   707 N Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78401 (Formerly Omni Corpus Christi Hotel Marina Tower)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #34 of 82 hotels in Corpus Christi
“Dirty!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel was so dirty it's hard to look at the positives. The hallway on the 14th floor was still littered with the same trash on our last morning there as the first day we checked in. Our room was a little cleaner but there was trash from the previous occupants and the tables didn't appear to be cleaned. Housekeeping didn't show up our second day there. The elevators were dirty as well. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I arrived early in Corpus and was interested in touring the Lexington aircraft carrier. I inquired about transportation and was notified that it was against their policy to give transportation to that area. Ashley Sauceda, the front desk worker, was very helpful as well as the management in accommodating my needs. They worked out the problem and got me to and from the Lexington at no cost to me. They were very helpful genuinely concerned about helping me.

Leander, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Common areas are updated and clean but when we stepped off the elevator on 12th floor, the mold smell hit us like a brick wall! The hallway carpeting was dirty and never vacuumed the FOUR days we stayed there. See picture. Some of that trash was as big as my thumbnail! The toilet was filthy under the rim and the bathtub tile was yukky! I used a washcloth on the bathtub and that mold actually came off. Very POOR housekeeping! I understand they are in the middle of renovation but that doesn't excuse the horrible housekeeping. I've stayed in cheap motels that were far superior to this. The parking garage is poorly lit and extremely tight. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I apologize that you ended up on the 12th floor as we have yet to renovate this floor with the rooms. I have addressed the cleanliness with our housekeeping staff. We also are looking at an updated lighting package for the garage as part of the renovation and hope to have this upgraded soon. There is not much we can do about the garage being tight as this was how it was built in 1984, but I do hope that you return to see our improvements that we are making daily.
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Over all I had a good stay at the Holiday inn, good service and conveniently located just in front of la Marina.... they have some problems to adapt to the needs of today customers though... for example... when I tried to connect my laptop I could not find any place to plug it.... so upsetting... and when I finally unplug the TV... to be able to plug my laptop... the Wi-Fi was terrible.... but other than that I have a good stay...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for your recent stay. We are looking in to how we can add more outlets in the rooms and looking into installing lamps with the additional outlet option. Thank you for alerting us into the WIFI issue as we are communicating this feedback to our WIFI provider.

We look forward to your return.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Excellent hotel location and amazing view!! I am visiting the Corpus Christi to attend the Poultry Science Association conference and we're staying at the Holiday Inn. The only criticism is the WIFI speed. I think the hotel administration must work on improving WIFI coverage and speed. Otherwise, I really enjoyed staying at the Holiday Inn with my advisor.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your recent stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit to Corpus Christi and enjoyed the Hotel. We are looking into the internet issue and did experience higher traffic than normal on the wifi usage during the group. We hope that your schedule allows you to be able to return in the future.
Fayetteville, AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

great location, great view. Lousy wifi, adequate rooms. Pay for ocean view, balconies locked, plenty of vacancies, not all that hot. Trip advisor needs 200 letters and there interface for Win 8.1 is terrible. Do I really care how many reviews have been viewed when I am helping them with tjeir customer base. Is this enough letters?

Thank you for your recent review. I hope you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to your return.
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived in town and didn't know Holiday Inn had moved to this location. I was so looking forward to hanging out on the beach. There's no beach at this location. It's a longish walk to get to the beach, but it is located across the street from the T-Head if you want to get fresh shrimp.

Hotel,
It wasn't bad, just not quite what one would expect ones accommodation and condition of the hotel to be for the pricing of ones stay.
The hotel need some sprucing up. The building was a different hotel chain at one time.
It's old location needed a lot, of updating (complete re-do actually). This location has a lot of wear and tear that needs work, and updating. Hotel has a small gift shop, which as gifts of course, items one needs for the beach, some light foods, coffee, etc.
Nice outdoor seating off lobby. The pool was nice. Strong chlorine smell. Lots of lounge chairs. Our room,
The air conditioning in the room was pretty poor. We had to turn it down to 68 to get it to even come on! It never got as low as 68 you understand, at best it got down to 78? So it was warm in the room, but we weren't in the room much (thank goodness).
Electrical outlets...,
Other than one bathroom, there was but one other available to use in our room. It wasn't located near the desk or nightstands. None of the lamps in the room had outlet capability either. Light bulls were of very low wattage so it's dark in the room.

Staff,
The people manning the reservation desk, were adequate, but didn't have much personality. Perhaps they were having a difficult day because every other employee with whom we came into contact were very nice.
We particularly would like to tell management..., Skye is a keeper. Do I see a raise in her future? A lovely young lady.

Room Tip: If it's available, we like having a harbor view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent stay. My apologies for the Holiday Inn location changing. The previous Holiday Inn decided to drop the IHG brand and our location was able to keep the Holiday Inn brand in the downtown area. This property was originally built in 1984 as a Marriott and lots of potential. We are currently undergoing a huge renovation and completed our meeting space area and are now in the process of doing all the sleeping rooms and hope to be complete by December. We are working on adding new lighting to our garage and then will focus on a complete lobby transformation with a new theme for our bar and restaurant and a larger coffee shop are. During higher occupancy we do have to increase the chlorine to the pool as we do have one of the most popular pools in the downtown area. I'll get with engineering and have them look into the A/C issue. We are installing lamps with built in outlets to help increase outlet availability and today's devises. I will let Sky know of your comments and I thank you for your feedback.

Been to Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina? Share your experiences!