“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Valley Mills
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

This was our second time to stay at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi and we cannot say enough about how nice this hotel is. Rooms are clean & large, beds are beyond comfortable, bathrooms perfect and the staff is always very pleasant and helpful.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hyatt_Place_CC, General Manager at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Charla T:

Thank you for your recent stay at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi and for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you have had the opportunity to stay with us twice now. Please let me know if I can assist you with reservations for that third visit! The temperature is warming and the beaches and other area attractions are probably calling your name. Again, thank you for staying with us. We value you choosing our hotel.

tracy.mcdowell@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I loved this hotel! The service was excellent! Saw the houseman Corey clean the elevator twice, and first noticed how clean the hotel was! Denise Arnold was so professional and accommodating. She gave great hotel service, was friendly and courteous! Overall a great stay! Will come back real soon!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Denaearnold:

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place Corpus Christi during your December visit. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor as well. It means a great deal that you noticed two of our employees and recognized them by name. Both Cory and Denise are assets to our team.

Again, thank you for your lovely comments. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can assist you with any future reservations. We would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Gonzales, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel is very new and clean. Separate sitting area with a divider between it and the bed. It was a cold day and the room was very cold. I gently switched the thermostat to heat and it didn't come on until I went back and switched it back and forth real hard. Internet was fast. No tub, but a large shower. Breakfast wasn't great. Even though I arrived for breakfast early, the things in the skillets were tough. Fresh fruit was good, as was the coffee. My daughter goes to college and works in Corpus and I was there to visit her.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear renalea:

Thank you for your December stay at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi and for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We value your comments and will use them to improve. I’m sorry that you had difficulties with your thermostat upon arrival. We have also added some new select sandwiches to our complimentary breakfast. We have been monitoring the sandwiches, especially during slower periods, to make sure they are always as fresh as possible. Your feedback on this is so important to us. Again, we appreciate you choosing Hyatt Place when in Corpus Christi. I hope to meet you in person on your next visit.

HOUSTON,TEXAS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

PROS: room is well designed with a separate sitting/couch/coffee bar area. Very clean.

CONS: no room microwave.
a group of service personnel brought in fast food and twelve packs of beer and ate in front of the reception area. Also, were allowed to lounge with their boots on the furniture.
this is a pet friendly facility and evidence of this is obvious on the grass and grounds. The pet owners do not clean up therefore the hotel should.
close to the highway and loud cycles and trucks easily heard.

I always related Hyatt to first class but this facility misses the mark. It is back to the Hilton Garden Inn for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear katmelina:

Thank you for your December stay at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi and for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Your comments are important to us so that we can provide the best possible product and service to all our guests.

I’m pleased that you enjoyed the layout of the guest room. Because we do not have microwaves in our guest rooms, we do have one in our guest kitchen that is available to use 24 hours a day. We can also provide a microwave for you to use in your room during your stay as well.

Because we do have our coffee to cocktails bar, our lobby and breakfast area do sometimes become the meeting place for our guests that are traveling in a group. However, you are right in that they should not be disruptive. These items were addressed with the group you were referring to.

We have also addressed the issue of walking pets. Our staff has been working hard to ensure the grounds are picked up when pet owners fail to do so.

Again, thank you for your comments. We discuss all comments with staff members so that we can provide better service to you. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity serve you again. It would be my pleasure having the opportunity to meet you in person.

Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Everyone on Tripadvisor seems to love this hotel, but we had a bit of a different experience. We walked in and had difficulty getting checked in as there was no one at the front desk for a few minutes. The rooms are nice- good bed, nice little couch area- but that's where it ends for us... the walls are paper thin and I awoke in the middle of the night to the loud sounds of our neighbors "getting busy." [ew] We didn't expect to be right next to a giant construction site either- at least there wasn't as much beeping as we expected. The breakfast is good but they always seemed to be running out of something- eggs, silverware, etc. Additionally there were unattended children running around.
That said, this is probably one of the nicer options in Corpus Christi without springing for the Omni.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tmchica:

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Place last November. I apologize for the delay in responding to your comments on TripAdvisor. I appreciate you taking the time to review our property.

I apologize that you had some disruptive “noise” issues in your guest room. I realize that can certainly be uncomfortable. It is actually very rare that we have and issue with noise. But, we would always be more than happy to select a room for you that we feel would be away from traffic and neighbors. Many guests are accustomed to white noise machines or ceiling fans at home that create somewhat of a soundproofing effect. Because of that, we do now have white noise machine available upon request.

We have also been working with our breakfast and gallery hosts, especially during extremely busy times, so that we do not have an issue with running out of items. During November, we did have some staffing changes in our kitchen so I hope we have this issue resolved.

Schertz, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My wife and I got into town early and just stopped by the hotel and the lady at the counter (Andrea) was so nice and friendly. She let us check in early and on top of that she gave us coupons to the attractions we came to town for! Even the day after, on her day off she recognized my wife and I and waved. I know they are paid to be nice but she was off the clock, simple things make a stay so nice and warm. The last night of our stay Zach was working the counter and was very friendly and helpful. The room was perfect, I was looking for something closer to the beach but I struck gold with this hotel! We had a setting area in our room, so comfortable and spacious. So on my list of hotels I will for sure return! Again thank you Andrea and Zach for making this the best anniversary for my wife and I!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Letsvacation12:

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi last November. I am so glad you had a great anniversary. Thank you for your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor, especially for recognizing Andrea and Zach by name. That means so much when I can share individual accomplishments with the entire team. I hope you have had the opportunity to visit us again. If not, please contact me and I will be happy to assist you with reservations.

Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I coordinated a conference for about 50 to 60 attendees at this hotel. Loved working with the Sales Department. The staff were very helpful and welcoming.

The hotel is new and very modern looking with comfortable spacious rooms to relax after a long day. I was very pleased because we received raving compliments from the attendees on the hotel and its proximity to the malls and restaurants.

Very satisfied.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Diana B:

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi last November and allowing us to host your conference. Your review on TripAdvisor was very nice. And I have to agree with you, we do have a wonderful sales staff, led by Denise Arnold.

Please feel free to contact myself or Denise if we can assist with any personal or business reservations in the future. Again, thank you for your wonderful comments!

tracy.mcdowell@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Place Corpus Christi? Share your experiences!