“Blucher House and Service are great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of George Blucher House Bed & Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corpus Christi
George Blucher House Bed & Breakfast Inn
211 N. Carrizo, Corpus Christi, TX 78401   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Corpus Christi B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Blucher House and Service are great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2005

My wife and I greatly enjoyed our stay. The Blucher House is beautiful and Tracey Smith has everything is perfect working order. The breakfast meals were spectacular. The best part is that Tracey provides great personal service for advice on where to eat, sight seeing etc. One of our best experiences at a B & B.

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
anchorage, AK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2005

In 2000, Tracy Smith bought an abandoned mansion in downtown Corpus Christi. The Blucher house is across the street from the bird-viewing Blucher Park and across the street from the main public library (free internet). There is a free downtown bus that takes a loop around downtown.

Tracy is 3 persons-in-one; think Martha Stewart, Mother Teresa and Donald Trump. Her cooking is sublime when she isnt saving the neighborhood or wheeling and dealing on the phone. I have never had a 4 course breakfast before and I ended up saving the last course for an early dinner. Tracy has 6 rooms that are elegantly decorated and I appreciated those egyptian cotton sheets, lush robe/towels and the turn down service with pralines. Tracy gave me her corporate passes to the USS Lexington and the Aquarium.

Things to do nearby: the best happy hour is at the Water St. Oyster Bar from 4 to 7 pm for anything for $3. This includes a dozen oysters, shrimp or a margarita. You can also walk to the downtown art center which is full of local talent. On a nice day, walk the 2 mile sea wall walk over the ocean. It was 50 cents to ride the bus across the bridge to the USS Lex and aquarium. Rent a car and visit the Rockport art colony or the Fulton museum in Fulton. I recommend the state ARt museum and the Asia museum near the visitor center.

I spent 5 days here by myself and enjoyed myself thoroughly.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2004

The George Blucher House is a wonderful place to stay and a true landmark in Corpus Christi. I cannot say enough great things about this B&B! The house is large with a warm atmosphere, the rooms are comfortable and pleasant to be in and overall the place feels like staying over at grandmas for the weekend. The owner/operator is a neat lady by the name of Tracy who is fun to be around and a great hostess. Every morning Tracy makes a gourmet breakfast from scratch which makes the stay worthwhile all by itself. Included with the breakfast is a fresh fruit dish and a desert that will truly blow your hair back. Fresh juice and hot coffee are always included but you should bring a truck to carry you out of there because you will be full! Aside from great food, Tracy went out of her way to accommodate our late check-in and recently hopped into her car to find guests who had gotten lost after leaving the airport. Overall the place tops the list of B&Bs and stands out from the jungle of hotels in town. Trip Advisor turned me on to this place and I want to make sure others know how great it is. If you’re interested in taking a closer look try their web site.

San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2004

We have stayed at many bed and breakfasts and the George Blucher House rates at the top of the list. Breakfast is wonderful, the rooms are beautiful and comfortable and the hostess is fantastic. We will stay there any time we are in Corpus

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2004

What a wonderful place to stay! The room was beautiful, the atmosphere amazing and the breakfast was unbelievable. Tracey (the inkeeper) was a most gracious host. I have stayed in several 5 star hotels and this beat them all. It made for the most relaxing trip I have ever taken. I cant wait to go back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2004

The George Blucher House is the most delightful B&B we have ever stayed in. Tracey Love Smith will make your stay completely wonderful. Her breaksfasts are absolutely delicious and their presentations beautiful!

She has made the home both elegant and comfortable. You can snuggle up in the library for a good read or sit on one of the porches to enjoy the evening air. Fresh baked cookies greeted us each evening and the the bed was turned back, just like going home!

The garden in the back was a favorite spot to have our early morning cup of coffee while sitting next to the water fountain under huge trees. This home attracts delightful company which we enjoyed while there. We were relaxed and enriched by our stay!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2004

My wife and I just spent the night at the George Blucher house in Corpus Christi. We had a very relaxing stay and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. The room was cozy and inviting but best of all very clean! Breakfast is an absolute delight from the sausage/cheese souffle to the apple/cinnamon baked dessert. We met some wonderful people and were very impressed with Tracey's skill as an innkeeper. We will definately go back on our next visit to Corpus.

Been to George Blucher House Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!