“The George Blucher House is the cream of the crop!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of George Blucher House Bed & Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corpus Christi
George Blucher House Bed & Breakfast Inn
You added George Blucher House Bed & Breakfast Inn to your Saves list
211 N. Carrizo, Corpus Christi, TX 78401   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Corpus Christi B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“The George Blucher House is the cream of the crop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2004

The George Blucher House is the most delightful B&B we have ever stayed in. Tracey Love Smith will make your stay completely wonderful. Her breaksfasts are absolutely delicious and their presentations beautiful!

She has made the home both elegant and comfortable. You can snuggle up in the library for a good read or sit on one of the porches to enjoy the evening air. Fresh baked cookies greeted us each evening and the the bed was turned back, just like going home!

The garden in the back was a favorite spot to have our early morning cup of coffee while sitting next to the water fountain under huge trees. This home attracts delightful company which we enjoyed while there. We were relaxed and enriched by our stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2004

My wife and I just spent the night at the George Blucher house in Corpus Christi. We had a very relaxing stay and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. The room was cozy and inviting but best of all very clean! Breakfast is an absolute delight from the sausage/cheese souffle to the apple/cinnamon baked dessert. We met some wonderful people and were very impressed with Tracey's skill as an innkeeper. We will definately go back on our next visit to Corpus.

Sugar Land, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2004

My husband and I have stayed at many B & B's around the country, and the George Blucher House is in the top three...definitely the best we've been to in Texas. The innkeeper, Tracy Smith, is an absolute delight; she obviously loves people and has the perfect warm, upbeat personality for running a B & B! She is also a fabulous cook. How would you like to start your day with a mushroom/spinach/black olive/pine nut frittata, grilled ham, grilled asparagus, and a fresh peach torte? (Fresh yard eggs, always. Go out back and say hi to the rooster, Russell Crowe, and his harem.) The rooms are beautifully appointed. I look forward to our next visit!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2004

The George Blucher House Bed & Breakfast Inn in Corpus Christi is magnificent! Recently we had our wedding at the B&B. I can only describe the event as a ‘Story Book’ wedding. Fresh cut flowers, music softly playing in the background, well-decorated rooms, and comfortable bedding added to the ultimate comfort. My entire family stayed at the B&B during the weekend. This gave us the opportunity to enjoy warm conversation in various comforts of the house. From the charming living room, to the comfortable back porch overlooking a beautiful flower garden. The breakfast brunch we had each morning was exquisite. The host added a special touch by pulling back our beds and laying a treat on our pillows at night. Our wedding and stay is something that I shall treasure for life and I have the host Tracy to thank. I highly recommend visiting the George Blucher House Bed & Breakfast Inn.

Edinburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2004

My husband and I stayed here and had a GREAT time. Our room was neatly appointed with fresh linens and antique furniture and breakfast was amazing. From the fruit to the cinnamon rolls, all was delicious but what I truly enjoyed was the conversations about Italy I held with Tracy, the innkeeper. I strongly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed May 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2004

I visited the Blucher House over the holidays on a visit to family in the area, and was simply nonplussed...I have visited B&Bs all over the country and the world, and this place is among the very best. Every detail is well attended, from the sophisticated-yet-comfortable decor, to the gourmet breakfasts, to the plush beds. And, the Christmas decorations were postcard-perfect. All this at a price lower than most hotels...I can honestly say that I won't stay anywhere else on my future trips to Corpus Christi.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2003

The ONLY place to stay in Corpus Christi, as far as I am concerned. The candlelit gourmet breakfasts are outstanding, the hospitality is TRULY TEXAN, and the accomodations are breathtakingly beautiful. I recently attended a wedding in the rear garden that was so beautiful it defies description. Every detail is attended to with painstaking care by the innkeeper. Do yourself a favor...get there by car, plane, boat, bicycle, but just get there! You'll become a regular at this hidden gem.

Been to George Blucher House Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!