“Pastry paradise....” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Texas
“Pastry paradise....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The largest selection of pastries and fresh baked items I have seen in many years. The chocolate cream cheese strudel was rich and delicious. My children loved the jalapeño kalachi. My mom said the poppy seed French toast was delicious. However, I only gave 4 stars because the service set up was awkward and it took over 30 minutes to get the order when there was only 1 cooked item (not pre-cooked already in case. It is a true gem and a refreshing change from Breakfast at McDonald's or IHop. Will return there on every visit to Corpus Christi.

San Antonio, Texas
“large selection of pastries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Ive been to Corpus just once on vacation and I stopped by with my family for something sweet. I couldn't even make up my mind on what pastry I wanted since there was so many and it all looked so good. They also had a breakfast menu and some sandwiches. I'm definitely stopping by again on my upcoming visit to Corpus soon.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alpine, Texas
“Excellent Pastries. We would go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Heard that this was a great place to visit while in Corpus and it did not disappoint. Awesome oversized homemade pastries. Too many choices so we got several varieties to try many different flavors and types. All were excellent. Amazing. Huge. And very inexpensive for what one gets. There was a line at the counter and it was busy so very little available seating, but it was a weekend morning. Friendly servers. They have some outside seating too. Inside there are mostly large long tables and you share tables with everyone. Our pastries and breads were so good we got some to go. We would go back and recommend It for breakfast pastries. Only issue was very limited parking due to crowds.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sugar Land, Texas
“Delicious, authentic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We ordered a wide variety of pastries and sandwiches from JB's. Their pretzel bread is very fresh and was amazing! What's even better is the Rueben on pretzel bread. We also ordered various cookies/cakes, all which I would recommend to anyone.

Visited June 2014
Houston, Texas
“Very tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We saw the reviews for this place on Trip Advisor and were intrigued. When driving on North Padre Island we saw the place and decided to give it a try. It was a little place packed with people. Lots of selection, friendly staff and super service. The prices were a little high but I don't mind paying more for a fresh and quality product. I would recommend this place and would stop again the next time I'm in Corpus.

Visited June 2014