“Superb bread and baked goods” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, German
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Keller, Texas
“Superb bread and baked goods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We visit the island often to stay with our friends and we first tasted the bread and baked goods about a year ago. I have never eaten here but we cannot leave the island without buying bread and baked goods to take home with us. This is one of the best bakeries I have found in the US. I did find the service to be a little lacking. This last visit the server behind the counter was not very helpful with descriptions of the bread and just shrugged when I asked for details - since it was labor day they had a limited selection of bread (and they did have a new bread as one of the 2 only choces) I would have expected a little more knowledge and willingness to discuss the indgredients. This was not the first time I had experienced this so I think some training of the behind the counter staff might be in order. I gave them a 5 as the service in no way detracts from the tastiness of the food they sell.

• Visited September 2012

“Loved this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stopped here for lunch. The turkey strudel and red roasted potatoes were absolutely delicious. Will definitely return for more next time I'm in Corpus Christi.

• Visited August 2012
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Awesome bread and pastry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Had lunch here a few weeks ago with some friends. The food was good but it's the pastries that make this place worth the visit! Haven't seen bakery like this since I was in Europe!!!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Not a winner for me!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We arrived within the last hour of the restaurant serving dinner. When we asked if dinner was still available, we were answered with "well, hmmm, sure - I guess". Not the most welcoming! However, we did purchase some of the pre-made items to enjoy for breakfast and lunch the next day. While, these items satisfied the meal for which they were purchased, they were not enjoyable. Plus, there was a "wierd" smell that I found unpleasant.

Visited July 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Worth the drive for breakfast and coffee. Delicious and the smell was heavenly. I will be going back with my family again.