“good place for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Corpus Christi/Bayfront

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Corpus Christi/Bayfront to your Saves list
Super 8 Corpus Christi/Bayfront
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   411 North Shoreline Boulevard, Corpus Christi, TX 78401   |
Ranked #46 of 82 hotels in Corpus Christi
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“good place for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I spent 2 nights at the Super 8 at CC and think it was a great place for the price we were paying. They have nice rooms with comfortable pillows and no, there were no cockroaches/ bugs in the bed. The bathrooms were good and the towels were laundered and clean. the front desk people were very friendly and helped with local info and directions. I had no reason to complain. I was very skeptical about staying at Super 8 after having read the reviews here but I think it has been butchered unnecessarily. It is a decent place to stay if you don't want to be paying through your nose! The hotel is right at the shoreline and you can spend some good time sitting and watching the bay. There are a good number of restaurants nearby withing walking distance. Tried Mexican food at Dos Comales and was happy. There was live music and dancing too! The morning breakfast wasn't elaborate but good enough. All in all, I was happy with the room and the hotel

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Grapevine, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

This is the worst place and I DO NOT recommend anyone staying here! The customer service was the worst!! We planned on staying the whole weekend but had to cut our vacation short due to the fact that there were 8-10 gangsters covering the second and third floor balconies- of course they had to be by our room. When we told Sam and some other guy to quiet them down, he only went up there and told them to go in their rooms in 15 minutes. HOWEVER, the "thugs" did not go to their room and instead pounded on our door and windows all night! We decided to leave early because we felt threatened and harassed. I am never going back to this hotel EVER again!! What is worse is that they will not give us our money back for the night we did not stay. VERY RUDE, DIRTY hotel!!! DON'T COME HERE!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011 via mobile

This is not the place to stay if you are on vacation and you want to relax. Despite its great location, this is still a motel. The room is clean but it has an old smell, bathroom is quite small but clean and the bed is not comfortable at all (you can actually feel the bed springs). Despite all this, I would still recommend this to people who are just passing through the city. For vacationers, look for something better. Paying $70-$80 for a room here can't make up for the regret you'll feel afterwards.

• Stayed June 2011
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

We stayed two nights during spring break week celebrating my youngest sister's birthday. It was my husband, my 9 month old daughter and myself. We got a room with two queen beds because it was all that was left being spring break week they were pretty booked up. We checked in later in the early evening since my husband worked that day. We did not have any problems and were greeted by a very friendly lady at the front desk. The room was clean and comfortable. Upon check out we were similarly greeted by a friendly staff member and had no check out issues. I didn't get a chance to go swimming in the ppol but it looked very nice and clean and there were quite a few guests that did use it. The hotel looks a little older but I would definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Laredo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

May 8, 2011 - The only good thing about the Super8 Motel is the location, nothing else is Super. We had our worst experience ever with the Desk Clerk. Rude, unfriendly, and they will charge to your credit card whatever they want. Will never stay there ever, rather sleep on the vehicle. Very bad attended. No toiletries, the bath towels super thin and not a very pleasant smell. Internet Service too slow. The Swimming Pool not appealing whatsoever.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

I was the maid of honor for my friend's wedding and this was the hotel the majority of the wedding party and guests stayed at. Location was decent because it was across from the marina and really close to the cathedral. HOWEVER, I'd rather pay more each night than deal with the rude employees. I had to wrap the rest of the wedding gifts but I forgot tape. It was late and I'm not familiar with Corpus so I figured the front desk could help. For some reason they didn't have tape in the office (weird) so the stapler was my only option. I told him which room I was in so he would know who I was and where it would be. He calls the room at 6:24 am, the day of the wedding, asking for it. It may seem like no biggie but I was up till 3 am sewing, wrapping, and revising my speech and I had to be up by 9:30 am. Not to mention this was Saturday and I still had one more night. Its not like they didn't have my info and I planned on keeping it as a souvenir.
Then Sunday morning some lady called the room and said that we were going to be charged another night because it was past the check-out time. She gave my boyfriend attitude and claimed that she had been calling us but that was the first one we received that day. House-keeping knocked on our door a couple of times and instead of giving us space and moving along to another room they lingered outside. They called the room again and knocked again. I felt pressured, rushed, and bombarded which didn't help the process of trying to get the heck out of there. I understand that there is a reason for a checkout time but it was Mother's Day (Sunday), a new week was about to begin, and I highly doubt the place was booked and that room was absolutely needed 3 hrs before checkin times. Regardless, they could of handled the situation with a different approach instead of making me, the consumer, feel attacked! WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

When we first got there the room smelled like smoke and their was chips on the bed. The internet was always down and when it was working it was too slow. The staff was very rude and were always yelling.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Corpus Christi/Bayfront? Share your experiences!