“Bad part of town !” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Moore, Ok
“Bad part of town !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

First off this hotel is in a very bad part of C.C. Bums everywhere asking for money!!!!!!!!!!!! We understand it is not the hotels fault, just a warning to everyone. 2nd we got into town early and just wanted to rest. Check in with a reservation was at 3:00. We called the front desk at 2:00 and informed them that i did have a sick child with me and asked if we could check in just a little early. I was informed very rudly that it did not matter if it was a sick adult or sick child that there was not a room ready and could not check in until 3:00. Everyone knows that there are rooms ready at 2:00 in the afternoon!
The front desk person was very rude. When we did get into our room I can say it was clean. The pool is very small. And because of the location and rudness we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
emuni
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

My family and I took a quick trip from San Antonio to enjoy the beaches of corpus. We had originally booked at another hotel down the street but were greeted like we were a burden on the hotel. (we arrived a hour before checkin and he told us that was our problem). So we cancelled and drove down the street to this hotel. First off it was like night and day. The hotel was in much better condition and the price was only $5.00 more. Plus the staff was so helpful compared to our initial hotel. If you are looking for a hotel close to the beach that is clean and budget friendly then I def. recommend this place!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

Hi, I just wanted everyone that sees this goes by the EconoLodge on Port Avenue and take a look. A friend of mine and I drove in to Corpus Christi from San Antonio on a whim! Well when we got to Corpus Christi we saw the EconoLodge and decided to stop and take a look at prices. It was great. We got to look at the room before we decided to stay and made a great choice! We decided on the room with jacuzzi! It was great! As a treat, we received a bottle of wine in a package deal! The room were very clean and the bed was just awesome. Great place to sleep. The Front Desk Personnel and the entire staff at the hotel were just the best. They helped us out with directions all over town, best places to eat and just as friendly as could be! The Front Desk Clerk, Roni, just knew everything about Corpus! Just as a note, she doesn't like seafood, but does know the best place in town for it! Thanks for all you're help and we will be back soon!

• Liked — Personnel
  • Disliked — Small Pool but the beach is close buy who needs a pool!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
janhooper
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

We were visiting Corpus Christi for the first time during July 4th weekend. Every hotel was sold out, the staff here was courteous and tried to help locate rooms for us. (not like the other hotels that just shoooed us away). In the end they had a cancellation and we stayed there anyways. The hotel was very clean and was way beyond our expectations. We have never stayed at an Econo Lodge before, but for the price and quality, I can honestly say that we may have to start too! We will be back in Sept and you can guess where were are going to stay....

• Liked — Beds were very comfy
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2008

My friend and I went to Corpus Christi for the memorial day weekend. It's $93 including all fee and tax. The location is fine, within 10 min to downtown and north beach, USS Lexington museum, Texas state aqarium. Front desk is very friendly. Breakfast was provided with juice, milk, bagel, abd waffles. They kept adding food until 9:30am. Parking is free and easy to find a place. To save money and consider the locaiton, this is a good one.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

We were there during Buccaneer Days for a tennis tournament. We are not familiar with the area, and did not realize what a rowdy part of town this hotel is in.

On a good note, our room was clean, and the clerks were friendly.

There are parts that could have been better. They do not offer early check-in or late check-out.

There is a convenience store located directly behind the hotel, and there are noisy people there all night long. On the night of the "parade", the hotel parking lot was full of cars, and people drinking, playing loud music, and partying all night long. My husband called the manager, but nothing was done. We even saw people looking into our car.

They do have a swimming pool/hot tub, however the hot tub was cold, and the pool is the smallest pool I have ever seen!

Overall, a mediocre experience.

• Disliked — bad part of town
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Edmond, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2004

OK! I will start off by saying that I usually love Comfort Inns, and I haven't usually had any problems. I do think people should know what they will be treated like if they happen to have problems at this location! My husband and I checked in on the first day of Cinco de Mayo in the beginning of May. That wasn't a problem, as we respect the holiday, and we know many people celebrate it and enjoy it. When we first got there, we had a hard time getting to it and parking because there were a million people just hanging out in their parking lot, as the festivities were very close by. We decided to go to dinner and were gone about 3 hours at the most! When we came back, there were twice as many people in the parking lot, sitting on trucks, blaring loud music and drinking. We understand that was not neccessarily the hotel's fault, hower I do believe they could've made some move to ask people to be quiet or leave if they were'nt hotel customers. We walked up to our door that was blocked by 4 huge guys standing around drinking, lauging loudly, and cussing up a storm. We tried to go in and ignore it, but they were louder than the TV! My husband and I decided to try to get another room at the hotel we would be staying at the next night due to the noise. WHen I picked up the phone to call the front desk, a baby cockroach crawled out of the reciever!! We were done, and we informed the staff that we were leaving. When my husband went to check out, the management was EXTREMELY RUDE, and they would not let him leave without signing something that said he would pay for the room anyway. Please note: we were there all of about 3 hours, 4 hours tops, and we didn't mess up the bed or anything else in that room. We hadn't even been there- we had been at dinner for those hours! Needless to say, my husband was not happy, and got into a "discussion" with a few people at the front desk. We figured the Comfort Inn headquarters would give us the benefit of the doubt, noting that we left a few hours later, and didn't even stay the night. But after a complaint was filed online, they sent us a letter from the hotel management again telling us that our bill still stood. Very bad customer service. After working in customer service for a while, I know that first of all, you shouldn't try to argue with your customers, and secondly you should do everything you can to rectify the situation with your customer. I know if Comfort Suites had at least tried to empathize with the situation, or understand a little, we would still be Comfort Suites customers, recognizing that things happen sometimes that don't neccessarily represent the company as a whole. I'm sorry to say that they didn't even try to work with us at all- and we will not be patronizing their hotels again!
On another note, the hotel is in a horrible location. If you are wanting something by the beach or bay, don't even look here. It is right off the highway, and there is a bad smell from the surrounding factories.

• Stayed June 2004

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!