“Depends What You're Looking For” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Texas, the Lone Star State
“Depends What You're Looking For”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

This Econo-Lodge was exactly what we were looking for in Corpus Christ - a clean, inexpensive place to spend the night. The rooms are fairly large, breakfast is decent, and they provide free Wi-fi. I don't think we could have found more value for the money paid.

If you're looking for beach views and fancy-schmaltzy amenities, this place probably won't satisfy you. But I was pleased to find a nice hotel for such a cheap price. If you're watching your budget, this is the best place for your money.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kingwood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Great service from check in to check out . A few short minutes from downtown. Excellent amenities. Rates very reasonable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Everywhere
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Fourth of July weekend I wasn't expecting to find anything open. This is one of the few hotels that had an open room
Check-in: Quick and painless. I had a king suite(don't bother) on the 2nd floor. Room was spacious and meticulously clean but have connecting doors so you can hear everything next door. If you look at my reviews you will see I've stayed at a variety of star level hotels and the cleanliness of this place was excellent. . Microwave and fridge in room clean clean. Towels were the soft fluffy kind not the kind you would expect at this type of hotel. Complimentary lotion shampoo. Nice

Pool: Clean and small. But here goes the issue with the 'neighborhood'. When I checked in I stopped at gas station next door where police pulled over some young kids and were banging on the roof for the them to get the F*** out the car. Not a good start. So when I'm chilling by the pool, some homeless guy comes up to the fence and asks for money. I'm on vacation, didn't have any cash with me anyway so I tell him no and please let me relax
Parking: I come in late Friday night. Same homeless guy comes up offering to show me a spot to park. Yeah, no thanks. Yep there are random guys drinking hanging over the balcony watching where you park and watching you walk to your room. I personally didn't care for it at all at 230am so the neighborhood and atmosphere makes this hotel lose a star. Came back Saturday night, hotel completely booked and there was absolutely no where to park. The nice guy at the front desk let me park right out front where you park to check in and such. Thanks!!. He was really nice.
Other: Didn't wake up by 930 to eat breakfast so can't help there. There was a coffee maker in the room that I utilized. Decent coffee. The location is close if you are planing to go out downtown( I was) and go to north Corpus Beach(that was my goal). If not for the neighborhood I would recommend. Just made me feel a little uncomfortable. I went out at least 3 times Friday night just to check on my car but I personally ( I have no children)would stay again. I've never seen an Econo Lodge of this quality and maintained so well. I was impressed

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Montreal, QC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I want to start off by saying that despite the red flags I will be raising in this review our stay was simply alright and we had no issues however there were too many red flags to justify returning.

The hotel we wanted to stay at was full so we managed to find some wifi and look at the reviews for other choice hotels in the area. We found this Econo-Lodge with pretty good reviews. We had never stayed at an Econo Lodge before but the reviews were so good we decided to give it a try.

When we looked online they had 1 King bed non-smoking room left however when we got to the hotel the non-smoking room turned into a smoking room which is a big turn off for us. We decided to have a look at the room anyways and the smell was alright so we took it.

The lady at the front desk was very friendly; she gladly showed us the room and checked us in. She gave a great service however when we asked about the guest laundry she directed us to the one on the 1st floor knowing our room was on the 2nd. We didn't notice until the next day that the room next to us on the second was also a guest laundry.

The pool is very small but looked clean and well kept. I was fenced all around. It was packed with people when we were there so we didn't use it.

The room overall was big. It had a king sized bed, a small fuzzy cable TV and a small washroom. It also had a small kitchen incase you wanted to do some cooking which was a nice touch for the price.

Now for the bad stuff. It's only once we were settled that we started noticing some things we didn't like. The computer desk/chair was disgusting. The computer chair looked like it had never been washed and had cigarette burns all over it. We did not dare sit on it so we used our laptop on the bed. The bed cover had cigarette burns which is always a huge turn off for us. The AC was fairly loud once it got going and seemed inconsistent with the cooling.

The area this hotel is in is simply horrible. When we drove thru town to get there we couldn't believe there would be a “nice” hotel in that area. It looks like an abandoned industrial area. There were several bums walking thru the parking lot that made me feel uneasy. Some of the guests also looked like low-income monthly rentals but it's only speculation. The hotel is also a far way from the interstate ramp.

Like other reviews here we also had an issue with the construction workers staying at the Econo-lodge. Although I didn’t have any issues with them causing trouble they spent all night outside on the back of their flatbed truck drinking beer and talking loud. This carried out until at least 2am. I could hear them laugh thru the AC in the room. They were friendly when I spoke to them and things did stay under control.

The guest Laundry has seen better days. The machines are old and beaten up and the AC wasn’t working. The parking lot is small and cramped. Get their early or else you’ll have to park at the far end where there isn’t any lighting.

I spotted a rather odd large bug outside the hotel, it looked like an over side roach. It was walking on the balcony near the far end before transferring to the wall and walking around the corner of the building. I don’t know what kind of bug it was as it was the first time I ever saw one like it. I looked everywhere in the room and there were no bugs so I doubt it’s anything inside.

Breakfast is muffins, bagels and waffles. The breakfast room is very small, they have 4 tables. It was packed when we got there and had to wait for a table to clear up.

Our stay was alright but to me it’s just a matter of time before something goes wrong at this location,

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

We were very pleased with the cleanliness and service at this hotel. Additionally, the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. Soft, pillowtop bed and big, fluffy pillows provided a great night's sleep. The towels and washcloths were fluffy, soft and unstained. There was no noise from other guests and no one bothered us. The staff was friendly and helpful. Although we did not utilize the pool, there was a couple enjoying it when we arrived and it looked spotless, just like everything else. The breakfast room was immaculate and well stocked with muffins, breads for toast, bagels, make your own waffles, juices, milk, and coffee. There was a flat panel TV in the breakfast room, as well as our room. The hotel is in more of an industrial part of town, but we did not see any unsavory characters at all. It's only a short drive to the beach and downtown. For the price and the amenities provided, it's a great deal. We would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

This is the usual Econolodge built just off the highway, but it is of recent construction. The rooms are fine, the front desk service is good and the location is interesting. Interesting because it is near the highway, but somewhat cut-off from downtown Corpus Christi and the bridge or beach access. It is a good overnighter, but not likely to attract tourists. As a result a number of construction and road companies use the motel. This is not a problem, but the clientele is a little different than most other places. The motel is perched on a corner, and is not real close to anything, but is clean, quiet and reasonably priced.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

This is a decent Econo Lodge with friendly staff and a good breakfast. This Econo Lodge also seems to be very popular with out of town workers. I suppose it is because of the fair pricing and convenient location. I think we were the only family in the whole place. The only thing that I did not like about staying here is that many of the out of town workers would drink and lounge around outside of their rooms at night which made it a little uncomfortable whenever you were coming or going from your room at night. The good thing is that they were no trouble and would go to to bed at a decent hour.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!