“CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Houston
“CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2005

This is THE worst place I have ever had the displeasure of paying for! I feel as if I have been ripped off for $100! We should have considered ourselves warned when upon check in there were "dissatisfied" customers complaining trying to get their money back! But not knowing why they were unhappy we proceeded to get a room anyways. We got to our room on the second floor (WHICH by the way..........there are only 2 floors not TEN as stated in the description of this hotel) and our key wouldn't work....my husband had to go back down and exchange it for one that would. Not a big deal. Then we opened the door only to find the bed had not been made and upon further inspection there was hair on the bathroom counter. Not to mention the immediate musty smell that overwhelmed us as soon as the door was opened! I wanted my money back at that point. But because most of the other hotels in the area were all sold out we SETTLED on this one. Housekeeping came and changed the sheets and wiped down the counters but I was already disgusted! We turned down the a/c to 65 to help circulate the air quicker and as I looked up to take a look at the a/c vent my stomach turned! It was PITCH BLACK with what I assume was mold! ISN'T THIS A HEALTH ISSUE????? We decided to get ready fast and get out of this room ASAP and go have a nice dinner and a few drinks. The room never got very cool but we thought surely it would be cooler in a few hours upon our return........ We were wrong! We called the front desk and get this........ he told us he would bring us a PORTABLE FAN!!! My husband couldn't believe his ears!!! There was NO WAY we were going to sleep in a warm room with a fan blowing on us!!! After demanding our money back OR a new room they finally agreed to transfer us to a new room. Keep in mind, it is after midnight! We had to pick up ALL of our belongings and move 4 doors down. But first we had to wait close to half an hour for them to "take a look" at the a/c unit on the roof to determine it's status. AS IF WE WERE MAKING IT UP!!! Like we wanted to be inconvenienced further than we already had been!!! At this point I picked up the phone and said I had had enough and expect some monetary reimbursement for this. I did not expect a full refund, but would have been satisfied to receive something back. The normal rate Sun-Thurs of $59 per night would have been sufficient. Anything would have been nice. But rather than apologize for the problems, the man at the front desk took the harsh approach and argued with me that it is not their policy to issue refunds when they have done everything in their power to correct the problems that have arose. I am not a picky traveler but when we spend hard earned money to stay somewhere we expect a few basics.....a working key, a clean room, clean sheets and air conditioning that WORKS! As well as to be treated with respect. In fact, when my husband went downstairs after waiting half an hour for the call back re: the a/c unit he witnessed another guest complaining about the teenage girls running up and down the halls all night from one of the 35 rooms they had reserved to attend a basketball tournament. Good thing I packed ear plugs or this would have been another issue to deal with!!! We were told to check back in the morning with the manager as he was the only one able to make that decision to issue a partial credit. The clerk couldn't do it anyways. However he could have stated such in a more professional manner. We did just this upon check out, which was shortly after we awoke. We got out of there ASAP!!! Guess what.......the manager wasn't available!!! HA HA HA!!! UNBELIEVEABLE! We just accepted it for what it was, a VERY bad experience and made it to San Antonio and checked in to the Crowne Plaza on the Riverwalk and breathed a very welcome sigh of relief!!! THAT is a nice hotel!

• Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2005

This was the most dirty hotel I have every stayed in. The restroom had dirty towels hanging from the shower curtain, the pool had trash, straws, cups in it my children did not even want to get in. What continental breakfast? The pastries were about a week old and the coffe came out like water. When we told the girl upfront all she said was "Well I don't know how coffee is suppose to look like." They could not make us an extra key but if we lost that key they would charge us $10.00. The A/C in the rooms were not working right. Overall it was very dirty and the hospitality was very rude. We did not stay the 2 nites we intended to. I highly DO NOT recommend this hotel. Not even to my worst enemy.

• Stayed June 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2005

I recently (March 2005) stayed at the Bayfront Inn in Corpus Cristi Texas.
The location is great being minutes from all major attractions and within walking distance from various places to eat and bars. The rooms are nice, location is ideal, and the City is a great place to visit. The staff lacks hospitality but your contact with them is minimal. I would highly recommend the Bayfront Inn for families who want to expierence a family vaction in Corpus Cristi Texas.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2004

Great location, lots of live music and good food within a short walking distance. The hotel is rather old but the rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. This place is a good value for the price.

• Stayed November 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2004

one of the best hotels in corpus, i always stay there, the rooms are first class and the ocean is a few meters away from the hotel. the veiw of the ocean from the hotel is great. the price is affordable and i recommend u all the go there.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2004

I must say that is was a terrible experience staying at this hotel. Staff was horrible, rooms were musky, restrooms were filthy, everything looked "old". We couldn't even get a cart to take our luggage down. We also happened to leave the room without our keys and thought it would be simple enough to get new ones, we waited at the front desk for more than 20 minutes, there were a lot of people that needed assistance on a friday night with only one clerk present. Service was terrible I will never stay there again, there is a conference there soon that i need to attend and believe me I will stay at a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2004

We recently stayed at the Bayfront Inn Corpus Christi. This is without a doubt the worst place I have ever stayed. The staff was very rude and unprofessional. It took forever to get checked in, there were no towels, the bathrooms were moldy and filthy, there were moth holes chewed in the curtains....it was NASTY! The TV's were from the 70's and if you want a remote control, you have to go down to the front desk and sign one out.... A friend who was staying at the "hotel" at the same time left to go elsewhere after his little girl got chewed up by fireants that were in the bed. So, if you go to this place, take plenty of towels, lysol, and ant spray...

Been to Bayfront Inn Corpus Christi? Share your experiences!