“dissapointed” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, TX
“dissapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

I had to cancel my reservation due to a family emergency.. Well, after being told that I would not be charged because I canceled BEFORE the required 48 hrs, I was still charged and they were no help in trying to refund my money. Too upset to go back there again.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

We changed our room from the assigned one due to bad odor b/c they did not have the AC running. While we waited to have another room cleaned out, others that were staying there had to change their room b/c the AC was not working! The set up of the hotel is nice but unfinished! Housekeeping was so busy that they didn't even get to clean our room until 7pm!!!!! After cleaning our room, the didn't have clean towels to leave for us. We checked out the next day as planned, with one towel in the bathroom. The front desk "guys" (males), were VERY rude and only dressed the part and did not act the part of CS! They didn't know the difference b/w Complimentary, and Continental breakfast, and told us they only had Continental and it was not free. Went downstairs to check it out and it was Complimentary (very avg, same stuff for two day!). There were several travelers waiting for their rooms after 3pm, and some who didn't even have their reservations at the hotel after booking through Travelocity. The outside of the hotel looks decent....the inside was deceiving! We will in fact never stay here again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Kerrville, Tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

My boyfriend and I cancelled reservations at a hotel in town for this hotel because of location. BIG MISTAKE! The air conditioner could not be adjusted, there was a hole in the bottom of the bathtub, there were roaches in the room, and the security lock on the door was broken off! We had to prop a chair against the door at night so that we felt safe enough to sleep. Regardless of location and price ($99/night), I would definately spend more money to stay at a nicer place next time.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

Though the location is wonderful, what looks too good to be true almost ALWAYS is! The outside is quite deceiving with its quiant brick front and white columns beckoning. However, the rooms are horribly outdated, dirty, and dark. I fear the lighting is strategically used to minimize more than just the glaring cosmetic flaws. If you saw a few years ago the report 20/20 did on the disgusting things that lurk just below the surface in many hotel rooms, I am sure this hotel was one of those featured. After having been there only an hour debating the potential conflict of trying to get my money back and move on down the road, I returned to the front desk with my key and request for a refund. As another reviewer wrote, the clerk was pleasant on check-in and very nasty when I returned with my request. She refused to refund my money claiming I had been there an hour and she was "not authorized" to give me a refund. She lied about the manager's name but said he'd be in the following day. I called the manager Bipin five times the next day, but as another customer wrote "he was not in." When I called the second day, he still "was not on the premises." I have disputed my charge with AmX, have called six times to request a refund with the phantom manager Bipin, and am angry that a business can somehow exist given all the tesimonies detailed here. No matter what, avoid this hotel; it's featured in Nightmares on Tourist Street!!!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
west midlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

should have checked trip advisor!!!this property is the dirtiest unhygienic place we have had come across in america in the 15years we have been holidaying here.don't be taken in by the external appearance the actual rooms are the pits!!!stayed two hours and got our money back.staff great at check in nasty at check out.o.k we only paid $70 a night but it was'nt even worth that!!!Avoid.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — dirty,smelly,disgusting room,especially bathroom
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

It was a good hotel stay for what we were there for. Ya it looks kind of old and the ice machines don't work but it did the trick. Four adults two nights it cost 130.00 total. So there really isn't much to complain about when you are staying somewhere that cheap. You have to expect less the luxurious surroundings. Our room was fine nothing really wrong with it like the other reviews. Bring your own pillow other than that its all good. The pub on the corner was a lot of fun and your within walking distance from the strip. You can stumble back to your room if need be. :) I think its a good hotel if your just going to get away for a bit.

• Liked — it was cheap and the location is great
  • Disliked — ice machine didn't work
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pleasant Hill, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2008

We stayed at the Bayfront for two nights without first checking Tripadvisor for the simple reason that we were attending a
meeting that was being held there and the $65 a night group rate was very agreeable. Superficially the facility is attractive and well located, but although our experience was not as bad as some of the other reviewers here, it's a definite dud. Worst problem was the horrible mold/mildew smell. (Whatever was sprayed to cover the smell was almost as bad). Sagging ceiling over shower is one source of mold. Lots of rust here and there. We made t he bed ourselves after housekeeping didn't. There is a dip in the floor by the window. The morning continental breakfast was forgetable at best. The room had a good mini refrigerator. We didn't have swim weather, but the pool looked attractive. Believe the other reviews here. --Jeff

• Liked — Free WiFi in the room.
  • Disliked — Mold/Smell
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Bayfront Inn Corpus Christi? Share your experiences!