“Not worth it” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #76 of 82 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas
“Not worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Very disappointed in the place. Will not stay here again. Looks good on the outside, but the room was very outdated, damp and musty. Lighting in the lobby and room was very dim and yellow. Room key lock had to be jimmied to work. No Wifi in the rooms. Went to call the office, but the phone in the room was dead. Went to the office to ask about wifi, was told it is available in the lobby only. Mattress was wrapped in plastic, which was cold under the sheet. Continental breakfast was a joke. Cereal is available, with a gallon milk jug sitting on an open countertop. Bread was available to toast. That's it in the way of food. The room where breakfast is served is dark and not clean. No stars being given for this place.

Great location, just needs new ownership that will invest in the place.

Room Tip: Do not stop at this Location. Keep looking.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Refugio, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Im not so much into complaining, but i researved a so called hotel room at the bayfront inn in corpus christi tx on 4/7/11 and had asked for a complete refund due to the rudeness of the front desk clerk at the hotel. I was informed by Kayak that i would need to discuss this issue with management of the hotel and cannot cancel since i have already prepaid for the room. So by keeping my reservation and upon arriving to the hotel, i was very disappointed and scared to get out of the car. This so called hotel is not a hotel more like a very getto motel. The outside was very nasty people everywhere, the rooms not like the pictures they have online its truly misleading, front desk was very rude and cold, could not sleep due to the yelling and loud noises from outside and the rooms. Upon leaving i found my car damaged where someone side swiped it. Im very upset set about this and want you to be informed on the conditions at this hotel. What do i have to do to get my refund please inform

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Bellingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed here in July of 2011. The location seems nice because it's so close to the beach but don't let the low prices or 20 year old nice pictures lure you in! The lobby walls and carpet were falling apart and when we got to our room it was very dirty! When it was time for bed I got under the covers and it just felt extremely gross like they hadn't been washed in years. Not even 5 minutes went by and I felt bugs biting me all over. I started finding red bite marks on my legs, neck and arms. I was very tired and just wanted to go to sleep but every time I laid down I got another bite mark (I couldn't even sit on their chairs without getting bit!). So after awhile I finally found out what was biting me and it's BED BUGS!! THIS HOTEL CARRIES BED BUGS!!! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! I asked for the manager the next morning before checkout but he wasn't in so we waited. When he showed up it was past 1 and I told him what happened and even showed him my multiple bug bites and told him I wanted a full refund. He wouldn't even give me a full refund after taking him to our room and showing him the bed bugs!!! I finally call my mom and tell her and she's pissed so she calls and starts yelling at the manager and telling him that she'll report this hotel if I didn't get my full refund. Sure enough that got us our refund. There were so many things wrong with this hotel. It should be shut down!! I don't know how it passes its health code checks.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

First all: the pics on this site was taken at least 20 yrs ago!! Very deceiving!!!! This was the worst ever motel in Corpus It smelled like must and mold, Bugs and there was cigarette burns all over the tub and tolite seat. The bedding felt nasty and dirty!! Everything in that motel was old dirty and smelled horrible, even the lobby. The breakfast they offer is in closed restaurant part of this motel was stale cereal and bread for toast brought in by there own Tupperware container!!!! There counter where food was has never been cleaned the whole place smelled as if never updated! Most of the bulbs didn't work in room, Vents was so dirty and black from the dirt!!! The carpet i think is the same as when they built it! The ceiling in the lobby was falling apart from water leaks never repaired and look up at chandler it's fixing to fall down! Was there for Spring Break 2012 and i think it would of been better to stay in my car!!! The door didn't even shut all the way at night!!!! BEWARE DO NOT STAY AT THIS HEALTH HASSARD!!!!! Also they are very rude and wont give u back your deposit for key cards, And charge more then quoted!!!!

Room Tip: None of the rooms are clean
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Douglasville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We arrived in Corpus Christi late, and didn't have much of a choice. The fact that there were SOOOOO many empty rooms should have tipped us off. The room..though it was "non-smoking" definitely had a smoke smell, covered up by a horrible air freshener. Not only that, but the bed was extreme;y old and uncomfortable. We got a late start in the morning and asked for a late check out. (30 minutes tops) and were informed that checkout WAS 11, and that we would be charged if we were not out by then. Then at exactly 11:00, the rude Indian man stomped down the sidewalk to make sure we were out. We had just gotten in our car. I would NEVER stay here again, and I will do anything to prevent anyone else from having the same horrible experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Vestal, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Do not stay here. We booked this hotel last minute from hotels.com. We arrived around 6pm. The lobby smelled terrible.. like Mold and Curry. We got our room key and I opened the door. Two cockroaches went scattering under the bed and I stepped back. There were stains all over the walls too. I closed the door and called hotels.com immediately to tell them what happened. They called the front desk and the front desk refused to give us our money back. Hotels.com was VERY helpful and did refund our money anyway. NEVER AGAIN. DO NOT STAY HERE. It's filthy and full of roaches.

Room Tip: anywhere but here...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Don't be fooled by the "low" price on the banner out front -- this place wouldn't be a bargain at half the price. As soon as we walked in, I was tempted to turn around and leave because there was a weird smell. But, it was late and we were only staying the night, so we figured it would be bearable. HAH! The sheets were threadbare -- probably original from when the place opened. The mattress was uncomfortable beyond belief. I wondered if the floor might have been more comfortable, but I was afraid to touch it because the carpet was filthy. It was impossible to adjust the temperature to something comfortable -- the heat didn't work at all. You couldn't close the drain on the bathroom sink, which was fine for me since I shave with an electric razor, although you wouldn't want to use water from that sink because of all the rust. Apparently this month wasn't the month when the toilet gets cleaned. The shower curtain was full of mold. The free wi-fi doesn't work at all. A free continental breakfast was offered -- that's right, half a loaf of store-brand white bread next to a toaster and two containers of store-brand cereals, but you have to ask if you want milk. I'm sure that you can find someplace MUCH better without spending a whole lot more.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Bayfront Inn Corpus Christi? Share your experiences!