“Great Weekend Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 83 hotels in Corpus Christi
Kirby, Texas
“Great Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

After reading several reviews I went ahead and took a chance because I wanted to stay in a Choice hotel on the beach. It was such a wonderful stay. The staff was friendly and always went out of their way to accommodate our needs. I had two rooms and did not find anything wrong with our rooms. The beds were comfortable, A/C was cold and room was very clean. The breakfast was amazing and even with the Corpus Christi bike festival in town they never ran out of anything. The best part of the hotel is their amazing pool area and beach access. My children had no problem playing in the sand and swimming in the ocean. The view of the Lexington was incredible. Next time we are in Corpus I will be booking a room here. Thanks again to the front desk and breakfast ladies for making our stay so wonderful..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
fort worth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was our first and last stay here. THe location was wonderful our back door had a patio and a gate that opened right onto the beach. The staff were wonderful. they were more than accomidating on different requests. However the room was another thing. There was mud on the walls in most of the rooms, there were food crumbs (whole chicken strips) in the AC vent. Multiple holes in the walls, ceramic tiles broken and missing from walls etc. It goes on and on.
The pool was wonderful, one of the biggest I have seen for a hotel outside of vegas. The breakfast was a definite plus. However, i would rather pay for my own breakfast for a better quality room. THis place is in definite need of renovation

Room Tip: ask for a suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The morning of our check out I found dog urine in my bed. I had not turned the covers down until the night before. We did not bring our dog! I am assuming it was dog urine because the spot was at the foot of the bed. Hence why I didn't see this until the morning when my sheets were turned out! I was disgusted. They were so nice they gave me half off my last day's stay. Don't stay here unless you want to sleep in urine! It has taken me a long time to write this. I didn't want it to be full of expletives. The other part of this is we were in a suite so I got to sleep in an uncleaned bed with urine for more than $650.00 and three whole days!!. The people I told could have cared less. The lady asked me why I was just now telling them. It took everything in me not to explode. I guess that's their specialty. Pee beds!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is not what I was expecting at all. It's the kind of room you don't want to take your shoes off in. However the bed is nice and feels clean. The breakfast is delicious!! Waffles, bacon, eggs, etc. The pool area is nice and the access to the beach is incredible. Yes, the hotel isn't great and I would be willing to stay here again strictly for the location HOWEVER, the beach is terrible! I'm not even picky when it comes to beaches. The sand is hardly sand at all as much as is is shells and pieces of trash. The sand drops off fast in the water, making it terrible for swimming. There is a nice sidewalk which is fun to walk on, with super easy walking access to the uss Lexington and the aquarium. But, if you are coming here because you are expecting a nice beach vacation, STAY ON PADRE ISLAND!! I wish someone would have told me that Corpus Christi DOES NOT have good beaches. Trust me. My two little boys wouldn't even stay on the beach by our hotel for five minutes. With a 25 minute drive, we were on the island and on much nicer beaches. So, this hotel isn't very nice and it's not even on a nice beach so I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and loved how comfortable the beds were. Can't say the same for the sofa beds. The room was pretty clean. We had a water view which was really nice. Breakfast was great. Service was awesome. Very nice and friendly staff willing to help. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We chose this place to accommodate our family and two small dogs. The room was small, unkept, and needs renovation. Didn't take my shoes off and walk on the carpet. The advantage was our room had a back door which lead straight to the pool. Pool was great-had a hot tub. Beach access was excellent. They had daily breakfast which included bacon, eggs, waffles, etc. The food options were more than an average continental breakfast so I was pleased. Overall this hotel was good for a quick trip but is in desperate need of a deep clean/room renovation.

• Stayed August 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in late July 2013. You are ultimately paying for the location because the hotel itself is not very good & needs major renovations. The pool is actually really good & big. We walked to & from the Texas State Aquarium on the beach sidewalk. We played on the beach the first day & drove 20-30 to Padre Island to Whitecap Beach for the rest of the time. Jelly fish were really bad the week we were there, but not @ Padre. Our cleaning lady didnt clean our room the or change sheets because we had a couple of shirts on our bed. She left a little note on our bed saying we needed to clear off the bed. That's need happened to us before. In a way i understand, but still. Rooms are set up really weird & makes it small & cramped. Breakfast is has variety, but really gross. Its the same stuff every morning. The eggs were absolutely gross. Waffles were ok, but the pre-made batter is too runny & so the waffles get half cooked or hardly cooked @ all. I recommend just going to whataburger or mcdonalds. The service & employees were rude & short. We wont be staying here again. It is def over priced & not worth what you're paying.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Quality Inn & Suites on the Beach? Share your experiences!