“Would stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Surprise, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I cannot tell you how happy I was with this hotel! My family and I were on our yearly trip back to Texas to visit friends and family. This was our first time booking a hotel for the trip and we were very nervous about it. We didn't need to be! The staff was very friendly and professional. The room was big, clean, and inviting and felt very comfortable. Breakfast ended early (I like to sleep late, especially on vacation) but if you do stay here, be sure to wake up for it! It was great! Even our kids loved the room. They had room to play and stretch out. Having small children in a hotel is not easy, but we definitely felt that this hotel was accommodating. The only qualm I had was that the carpets needed to be shampooed, but that is just me trying to find something wrong! After our stay in this hotel, we actually traveled up to San Antonio and stayed in a "big name" hotel. It was horrible. We kept comparing that hotel to this one and saying we wish we would have booked another Hawthorn in San Antonio. Lesson Learned!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, in about the middle section. It was very quiet and well kept.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sherry S, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments. So glad your trip was a success and that we were apart of it. Please remember us next time you are in Corpus Christi. Sherry Shaver, Guest Service Manager
La Canada Flintridge, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We booked two rooms side by side for grandson's graduation from A & M Corpus for three nights. There were 5 of us. Janine checked us in and never informed us about the 9am breakfast. When we went to breakfast the next morning shortly after 9, it was already gone. I complained to Robert but he and the breakfast staff just pointed to the signs which we did not see when we checked in. We were on time for remainder of the trip. Breakfast was great the morning of the "Run to the Bay" as many healthy items were included. On Sunday our last day, the breakfast was good but hearty. The make your own waffle is the best.
The second room that we booked smelled of "cat urine" or "mildew". There were two opinions as to the smell. The hotel did admit to the mildew smell not the cat urine smell as they say pets aren't permitted. They said they had cameras to check on guests. Hmmmmm. In fairness to the hotel, they offered to move our party out, but then we would not be side by side. My daughter turned down the move as she did not want to move all of her stuff. The should NEVER have rented that smelly room out in the first place. We told her to ask for a refund of a portion of the booking since we could not be in the suite part of the room. Don't let them put you in room 110 unless you smell it first. The whole first floor smells musty. Tried to print out boarding passes on their printer. Would not work.
The sofa bed was awful. Don't plan on it for an adult. We had to take the mattress off the sofa bed of our second room so someone could sleep on double mattress. We had to go for our own linen and had to make it up ourselves. What a rip. The regular beds were fine.
I would NOT recommend this hotel. I'm surprised it got such a good rating. It should NEVER be number 4 ranked in Corpus Christi. Just my opinion and I informed the hotel manager at the desk that I would be writing them up on trip advisor.

Room Tip: Don't book Room 110 on the first floor before you "smell" the sitting area. Our room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sherry S, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking time to comment. We did apologize for not letting you know about the Breakfast times at Check-in. The party that rented the room told our front desk that the room you were in was fine. The ice chest that was in the room had leaked and that is what caused the smell in the room. We did offer to move you, but you wanted to be close to your family and refused. We are truly sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations. Sherry Shaver, Guest Service Manager
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I just wanted to say first and foremost, Thank goodness I didn't let some of the reviews posted scare me from staying here. Granted a couple of the front desk guys were a little hard to understand and clearly were just there for a paycheck, but the rest of the staff were incredible. Robert at the front desk was super informative and extremely friendly. What an asset he would be to any hotel! We arrived early and even amongst all the people checking out he still had a smile and witty banter about him that had everyone in the lobby feeling so comfortable they began talking amongst each other. Big difference from our previous stay in San Antonio where no one said a word during breakfast, check in, or check out. We stayed 4 nights and it was to the point my kids were asking to go see the "funny man at the front desk." He always made sure to acknowledge my kids. Wonderful person! Janel was very helpful. She was running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Poor thing had to tend to their bar AND help guests at the check in area. You could tell she was flustered but wow was she able to keep her composure. You would think they would have a second person assigned to that. Wonderful, friendly housekeepers and the breakfast attendants they had were outstanding! The property itself was well maintained. The room was very nice. I had three different ladies clean my room and all three were just as personable as could be. The only suggestion I would have is to make sure the internet is working. I had some issues with connectivity with the wireless service but they had a nice business center that accommodated my needs with that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for taking time to comment about our facility. We are so glad that your trip was a successful one. We pride ourselves in giving the best customer service and accommodations in our area. Please remember us on your next visit to Corpus Christi. Sherry Shaver, Guest Service Manager

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi? Share your experiences!