“Good BBQ for the money” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Houston, Texas
“Good BBQ for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Not the nest but I would go there again. I like the layout of the place very clean and a smooth operation for the most part but I would eat there again it was good for the most part.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Brighton, Canada
“First Texas Smokehouse BBQ for a couple of Canadian Snowbirds!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Great Experience and excellent food! After reading the reviews on here and the Urban spoon, we just had to try it. What can I say better than the July 30, 2011 posting. Everything said there was accurate. We had a half pound of brisket, half pound of turkey, 1 - jalapeno sausage, a pint of potato salad, a pint of green chili. We didn't have drinks other than ice water with lemon in it. No charge for the water or each, 2 slices of wheat bread. We didn't have to ask for the bread, they offered it to us. Total cost $25.00 We ate the whole thing, we were stuffed and very pleased with this dining experience. The hand washing station is rustic but very efficient so dig into your food with your fingers, "bon appetite!" When in Texas, do as the Texans do!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Sorry I just do not like this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Food is questionable temperature both hot and cold. I do not care for their beef nor do I particularly enjoy them serving a cooking sauce as a serving sauce. Some people like food from this chain but I do not care for it at all.

Austin, Texas
“Good Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

The brisket, turkey and sausage were great. Very tender. Nice spicy sauce to put on it. Also the potato salad was good.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Grand Forks, Minnesota
“1st time at Rudy's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

My son lives near here and was bragging about how great the BBQ was, so one afternoon we had to checked it out, I really liked how the place was laid out, country store style, big big big ice chest in the middle with so many differnt kind of beverages to choose from that it was mind boggeling. thaey had a cooler with many differnt kinds and sizes of sides like coleslaw and such, when you got to the counter you chose your meat, brisket, (moist or dry) chicken pork, and a couple of sausages I had the moist brisket wich was good Not the best i ever had but still very good! wife had a pulled pork sandwich which seemed kind of dry to her. also tried the sausage and it was very good. This is a carnavoirs paradise! Meat is sold by the pound! Two differnt kinds of sause on the table if you need it, the sissy sause is a mild sweeter sauce than there signiture sause which is a little spicer sauce, which was my favorite! I am a firm beliver that the BBQ should stand on its own (no sauce needed but i had to add some for flavor) All in all I would go back to Rudys next time i am in town ! It was not the best bbq i have ever had but it was pretty good.

• Visited November 2011