“Huge Burgers!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Post Falls, Idaho, United States
“Huge Burgers!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

First off, don't order one of these burgers if you are not really hungry. All the choices printed are on a large, overhead chalkboard. You can pick the type of burger you want, then the bread, and then your "side." My husband had the "Chronic" which was a 1/2 pound pattie, with pepperjack, American and cream cheese, chopped green chilis and avacado on a grilled jalapeno bun. It was "to die for." I had the "Hangover" which was a 1/2 pound pattie with grilled onions, American cheese and a fried egg. It was even better. For our side dishes, husband picked the regular fries, portion size of which could have been a meal in itself. I picked the Caeser side salad, which was very large for a side salad. We barely ate half of our burgers, and will finish the rest tonight for dinner. The burgers are pricey--$12-14, but considering you get two meals out of each burger, it's worth it. We will eat there again over the winter, I am sure.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Corpus Christi, Texas
“Ok, Not The Greatest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The burgers are good, I say... not family friendly, more a bar with drunks in it, a beer joint, food is good but do you want your kids to watch a drunk picking up another drunk ... well ...

Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
“Casual Come as you are”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place had good food at a laid back atmosphere. My husband had the grilled chicken and I had chicken tenders. Both were excellent! He had sweet potato fries that were light and really tasty. I had garlic fries. I could have eaten a whole basket of those! You have to try them, but make sure you like garlic! LOL The staff was very friendly. From outside the place looks like just another hole in the wall but you wont find a better burger or tenders on the island! And you can literally "come as you are" right from the beach or from the hotel. The only negative I can say is that it took a while to get our food but that was because the place is so popular it was packed LOL But it was no problem, they have a nice outdoor patio with music (not so loud that you can't hold a conversation) so we just took our drinks outside and relaxed while we waited.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Spring Branch, Texas
“Decent burger”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my second time eating here, the first time it was more restaurant oriented but now it has turned more into a bar atmosphere. Not that it's a bad thing but if you are with your family you'll want to probably sit on the patio like we did. The burgers were not bad and I believe it was the manager that came around and ask us how everything was so the service was good.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Southlake, Texas
“Basically a dark bar that sells burgers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

On a recent weekend getaway, we found ourselves in need of a place for lunch, and from the outside, the Padre Island Burger Bar looks like a good choice.

Once through the door, it was a bit different. As another reviewer noted, this is effectively a bar that has a kitchen bolted onto it. We were there at about 1:30 in the afternoon with our children, and the needle definitely scratched off the record when we walked in the door and disturbed the serenity of the local barflies.

Burger choices are expansive, but they'd do well to have a veggie or black bean burger option, in the event you don't want a massive slab of ground meat, or the it's-been-done-to-death mushroom cap "burger".

I can't say the food was bad, but it's really nothing you can't do at home. The big turnoff for me was the tension in the air as a family eating lunch seemed to encroach on the drinking crowd.

• Visited August 2013