“Great Job to a great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13425 Brookhaven Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78410   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #58 of 82 hotels in Corpus Christi
Arlington, Texas
“Great Job to a great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have stayed at many Holiday Inn"s and Holiday Inns Express and i have to say this is the best hotel i have stayed at. Very clean, friendly staff and love the little mini store, lots of choices. To the mangagement team great job you have an excellent team. I was very impressed with the Breakfast. Lots of great choices, and very well organized and clean. The lady attending the breakfast this weekend was so attentive and never had anything empty. Most places the coffee is the first thing that runs out, and one has to look for the attendent to refill the airpots. What really touched me was that there was an handicapp gentleman and was having an hard time serving his food and getting it to his table. This lady was stocking her yogurt and quickly she attended to the gentleman and made it so pleasant for him.He tried tipping her but she would not accept, he insisted and was getting upset, and her response was that her job was to make everyone feel at home and that she enjoyed helping others for someday she will be there and hopes to have someone do the same in return. My wife and I were so touched by her actions. It is hard to find good help in most places and my wife and I commend you to have someone like her part of your team. I will certainly let family and friends know of our experiece and will recommend them to stay at your location.

Room Tip: I am sure all rooms are the same and ours was very clean and comfortable. One will not be disappoint...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Renai B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We do have a wonderful team and it is highly motivating for each one of us to see a review like yours. Susie G. does an awesome job in our breakfast department and will be pleased to see your comments. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!!

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Rooms very roomy and nice. Very nice staff. Breakfast choices are good but need more healthy choices. Also flavor creamers would be nice. The lady that was attending to the breakfast was very friendly and made us feel at home. I have traveled and stayed at many hotels and this one is far the best one i have seen. Very clean, fully stocked with food fresh and hot. It was a little crowded in there but it went smooth. We will for sure return. Oh yea love your mini store .

• Stayed October 2013
Renai B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
You're candid review is very much appreciated! We strive daily to provide a hotel that our guests love and your comments will help us to achieve our goal! Since your stay, we have added flavored creamers to our breakfast bar to give that added touch due to your feedback.
Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near future!
Bulverde, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Located around Five Points, the hotel has lots of choices for restaurants and stores. The room was huge. Like I could have done a gymnastics floor routine in there! A family of four would not be tripping over each other. I did notice that the door doesn't shut on its own so be sure to pull the door behind you! I get used to the heavy doors and sometimes don't pay attention to that.

If you read any of my reviews you know I always check out and use the fitness room. Here there are only cardio machines. So I had to limit my workout. The breakfast was pretty carb loaded so I had to eat instant oatmeal and a banana. I totally get that not everyone is fitness minded when they travel, but if you are interested I want to make sure it's added to my reviews. :)

Room Tip: Room 150 is right by the side door and the pool. If you want sleep in the summer this is probably no...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay. All of your suggestions are exellent and will be given much consideration, especially on the fitness center equipment. The door issue has been addressed and corrected. Once again, thank you for taking time to submit your review as it helps us to improve!
Katy, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel is very understaffed. Customer service is horrible. Property dirty with trash and kids running all over the place. They had a graduation party going on and so many kids and unsupervised. Staff was never at the desk, and phones ringing off the wall. The elevators hadspilled coffee, etc...On sunday morning breakfast would of been good if only we had the chance to get anything. It was so crowded in there and the poor lady attending the breakfast was going as fast as she could but impossible to keep up, due to the selfish people hogging up all the food. What really disturbed me was there was a family that got up and helpled her and I believe they were guest. I cannot believe that this beautiful hotel would not staff properly for such a large crowd. One of the little girl helping her , kept on wiping her nose, in flip flops and I wish health dept. would of walked in to see this . I do not blame the staff working I blame the managers to allow this and schedule themselves off. I asked the front desk lady for a manager and her reply was they are all off. I will never ever stay at a place like this. The rooms are so expensive to get this type of service. I hope this comment reaches the owners of this hotel. To the staff that was there , The Front Desk lady and the Breakfast lady good luck to you both, I would consider getting another job. Poor Staffing

Room Tip: do not stay here. noisy rooms, doors always slamming.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Renai B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for submitting your review regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We are also very sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Alice, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The room I was in had paper thin walls in which I could hear the people at the next room talking. Stayed two nights and had to deal with loss of electricity on the last night and room temperature was stuffy, reconnected about 9am. Doors slamming all morning long and noisy. The breakfast was cold due to lack of electricity and ate with an LED lite lantern at our table. The price of this hotel is too high for the quality of my stay there, they don't even keep coffee available at the lobby for guests.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator, noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Andrea S,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the noise and loss of electricity during your stay. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.
We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
LAKE ODESSA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed one night, staff friendly and room was very clean. Price was a little high for me, but it was late and they did come down a little.
Breakfast was great. Many options. The area was around hotel looked safe. Would stay there again when going pass there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

WOW!!! Take your Vitamin K if you plan on staying at the HIE CC NW-Calallen. Doors were slamming well after 12:30a.m. and it started again just before 6a.m. When I first walked into my room I felt a bite on my ankle. Noticed a spider in the sink when I was in the bathroom. But the room appeared clean...although I would not sit in the chair...it appeared well soiled. The shower had a lack of water pressure. Although the breakfast buffet had a large selection...everything tasted tainted. The water in the area has an after taste...thus so did everything made with water. The HIE breakfast roll was safe from the taint of the water. I needed a room for a second night and choose to pass this hotel up.

Room Tip: Parking is slim pickins' amongst all the business rigs.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Laura V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear khobley,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor regarding your recent Priority Club Rewards point stay. We value our Priority Club members and do stive to make all our gusts feel comfortable while on our property.

I will be addressing the noise issue with my maintenance Manager to see what can be done about the exit doors you were placed by as well as speak with my housekeeping Manager regarding others issues you expressed. We are in the heart of the oilfields here and are sold out most nights and look for new opportunities to impove our services.

Our front desk and staff are prepared to handle any issues that may arise during a guests stay and welcome the opportunity to address any issues or concerns one may have while lodging with us.While it is very rare one encounters these issue, we are prepared to address them immediately so that you and other guests alike feel at home while traveling.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again should you be back in the area.

Regards,

Laura Valdez

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen

Address: 13425 Brookhaven Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78410
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Corpus Christi
Ranked #58 of 82 hotels in Corpus Christi
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Corpus Christi Nw-Calallen

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi NW-Calallen, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.