“Bad maintenance” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Bad maintenance”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in room 310 on a Friday night. There were a number of problems that were annoying and indicate that management is not paying attention to details. The room was a small suite that had a desk that was too large, thus the table that accompanies the couch had to be against it all the time. The sink was plugged. The toiletpaper dispenser was incorrectly assembled, so the only way to get toilet paper was to remove the roll. The phone by the bed did not have a dial tone. The water in the jacuzzi was cold. In addition to these inconveniences, the rates were excessively, even after a AAA dicount, for a hotel that is sitting right next to the freeway. I have stayed at Comfort Inns for many years and have never encountered one with these many problems

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We are frequent business and family travelers as well as Choice Hotel members. We have stayed at several other Comfort Suites and have never had such a poor experience. I am also a frequent Trip Advisor Contributor. I enjoy rewarding good locations and have never given a review less than 3 stars. We stayed 4 nights, my husband on business, while the kids and I enjoyed the local attractions. We would have left, but it was convenient to my husbands work and they discounted the rate due to the problems.

Given the age of the hotel (5 years), the hotel room walls and decor are in terrible shape. Two different nights the hot water for the whole hotel was broken and we had to wait for a technician to arrive to fix. Once, the small and slow elevator was broken for a couple hours. The hot tub at the pool was disgusting and cold. The manager "closed" it after multiple complaints. The sink and tub in the room were as clean as they could get it, but still had issues. The hide-a-bed mattress had a bad smell, so my 13 year old son slept on the couch cushions. I overheard two different guests leaving, one because of a broken a/c unit and one because the bed had sandy sheets from the previous guest.

The staff were young and their customer service skills were severely lacking when assisting unhappy customers. The front desk was left unattended and the phone unanswered at times. We asked for extra bedding for the hide-a-bed and they gave us sheets but no blanket or pillow. We complained about a late night suspicious gathering at the open back gate of the parking lot and the night clerk told us it was fine, just other guests. We asked her to close or lock the back gate since the lot was full and we had to park back by the gate and she refused. During the stay we witnessed several car using the parking lot as a high-speed cut-through.

Even thought they gave us a $160 discount on a $700 bill, they were unapologetic. These kinds of problems are more than just an employee with attitude. I hope Choice Hotels takes notice and gets someone to address the problems at this property.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife stayed at this hotel and her stay was horrid. she called me that night and she said that the hotel was not cleaned and she tried asked the front desk for the mgr and nothing. I called the next day and they said the mgr will not be available till 4pm. Poor service overall.

Room Tip: Never stay at this hotel. Not even close to the beach
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

the rooms are over priced, the staff had an I don't care attitude the air conditioners were out on the 3rd floor , appliances didn't work.... shouldve stayed in a days inn for half the price... breakfast was icky... won't stay there again

• Stayed July 2013
San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Comfortable bed, clean and spacious room, typical breakfast selection. Location was away from the hustle and bustle but easily accessible to where we wanted to go.

Was very disturbed to go back to our room in the afternoon and find that our room door was left open and no one from housekeeping/hotel staff was in sight. When I contacted the front desk to ask why our room was left open, they replied that housekeeping had probably gone to get towels even though they did state this was not their standard procedure and would get back to us to explain what happened. Regardless, such carelessness is inexcusable and no one returned to stock clean towels nor did the front desk follow up with us on this incident.

Although we reserved a room with a sofa bed, extra sheets, blankets and pillows were not provided and when we asked for them, the front desk stated they didn't have any on hand. A flat sheet was provided but we had to improvise with was already in the room.

• Stayed July 2013
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Outside looks nice. Front desk ok. As you start to head further in you start noticing chipped walls, dirty carpet...nothing too too major. Seems like management ignores too many of the "little things" that makes all the difference in the looks of the hotel which is my biggest complaint. There is 1 elevator for 4 floors...so dont expect to make a quick run up to the room. The jacuzzi outside was green and looks like it hasnt been in use for months. My room had a stained cushion bench which grossed me out. The toliet was clogged but fixed when I reported it to the front desk. I noticed black marks all over the walls and there was missing sheet rock below the window sill. Breakfast is served until 9:30 and was ok. Lots of "sweet", choices as in waffles, pastry, oatmeal. The cost was fair since breakfast was included. I personally didnt have this issue..but I overheard that they ran out of extra pillows and blankets...so bring your own if you have a big party. Bed and pillows are comfortable. Overall my stay was comfortable and did not encounter any major issues simply had to crinkle my nose at the up keep of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We arrived at check in at 10.45pm and it took us 30 minutes to check in and we were the only ones. Receptionist was very sweet but obviously very busy and stressed. We had to take our own sheets and blankets for the pull out sofa upstairs. When we got up to the room it smelled (not of smoke) just really stinky. The pull out sofa was broken so my two teenage children had to sleep on floor!!! Although our bed was comfortable the sheets had holes in! Room was reasonably clean. I had to go back downstairs to get more things out of car when I came back the lift had stopped working so I am had to climb up three flights of stairs. The internet was down. The printer both in business center and also at reception was broken. If we had not been so tired and it had been earlier we would have left and found another place. The breakfast was ok for the price although the boiled eggs were like rubber balls. Not impressed and will not be going back

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Central? Share your experiences!