“old and out dated” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“old and out dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

the rooms are over priced, the staff had an I don't care attitude the air conditioners were out on the 3rd floor , appliances didn't work.... shouldve stayed in a days inn for half the price... breakfast was icky... won't stay there again

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable bed, clean and spacious room, typical breakfast selection. Location was away from the hustle and bustle but easily accessible to where we wanted to go.

Was very disturbed to go back to our room in the afternoon and find that our room door was left open and no one from housekeeping/hotel staff was in sight. When I contacted the front desk to ask why our room was left open, they replied that housekeeping had probably gone to get towels even though they did state this was not their standard procedure and would get back to us to explain what happened. Regardless, such carelessness is inexcusable and no one returned to stock clean towels nor did the front desk follow up with us on this incident.

Although we reserved a room with a sofa bed, extra sheets, blankets and pillows were not provided and when we asked for them, the front desk stated they didn't have any on hand. A flat sheet was provided but we had to improvise with was already in the room.

• Stayed July 2013
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Outside looks nice. Front desk ok. As you start to head further in you start noticing chipped walls, dirty carpet...nothing too too major. Seems like management ignores too many of the "little things" that makes all the difference in the looks of the hotel which is my biggest complaint. There is 1 elevator for 4 floors...so dont expect to make a quick run up to the room. The jacuzzi outside was green and looks like it hasnt been in use for months. My room had a stained cushion bench which grossed me out. The toliet was clogged but fixed when I reported it to the front desk. I noticed black marks all over the walls and there was missing sheet rock below the window sill. Breakfast is served until 9:30 and was ok. Lots of "sweet", choices as in waffles, pastry, oatmeal. The cost was fair since breakfast was included. I personally didnt have this issue..but I overheard that they ran out of extra pillows and blankets...so bring your own if you have a big party. Bed and pillows are comfortable. Overall my stay was comfortable and did not encounter any major issues simply had to crinkle my nose at the up keep of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We arrived at check in at 10.45pm and it took us 30 minutes to check in and we were the only ones. Receptionist was very sweet but obviously very busy and stressed. We had to take our own sheets and blankets for the pull out sofa upstairs. When we got up to the room it smelled (not of smoke) just really stinky. The pull out sofa was broken so my two teenage children had to sleep on floor!!! Although our bed was comfortable the sheets had holes in! Room was reasonably clean. I had to go back downstairs to get more things out of car when I came back the lift had stopped working so I am had to climb up three flights of stairs. The internet was down. The printer both in business center and also at reception was broken. If we had not been so tired and it had been earlier we would have left and found another place. The breakfast was ok for the price although the boiled eggs were like rubber balls. Not impressed and will not be going back

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful staff!! A problem with our car rental required a last minute, late evening hotel stay. This property provided transportation from the airport and worked with my different memberships to get me a reasonable rate. They also granted us a late checkout, which we appreciately greatly!

Delicious hot breakfast included waffles, eggs and bacon, fresh fruit, choice of juices and more. Nice pool with hot tub, and fitness room was well equipped.

Clean rooms, comfortable beds and quality toiletries. And a convenience store, Burger King and Whataburger within walking distance, hooray!

• Stayed March 2013
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I've stayed at a number of hotels in the Corpus area and this one is by far my favorite one, the beds are extremely comfortable and well kept, the rooms are well appointed with large modern flat panel TVs and it's just a short drive to most of Corpus Christi's restruants and attractions. When I'm in the area this where I stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I expected this hotel to be worthy of a 4.3 rating at the time I booked it, but I was very disappointed. The good: staff was nice and they were able to find a room at 12PM, 3 hours before the scheduled check-in time. The bad: the room was just OK, the AC unit didn't cool too well (glad it wasn't June!), the carpet had several black stains and the room lacked attention, the bed sheets were torn in several places, wallpaper ripped...it was surface clean, not clean clean and was in disrepair. The pool area was shabby and the jacuzzi had a disgusting yellow color! The hotel is lacking in attention, seems to get only a minimum amount of maintenance and is in need of work. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family