“Great Location on Laguna Madre” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 598 restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Seafood
Yukon, OK
“Great Location on Laguna Madre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have been to Doc's several times but never reviewed it. The restaurant is upstairs and the view of the water is fantastic. Alot of boats with fisherman. The food is very good. My wife and I had fish sandwiches and they were exceptional. French fries were fabulous. Its a great place to go if you like seafood and salt water.

Visited August 2013

67% Recommend
Austin, Texas
“Not very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went to Doc's on Thursday August 22nd. They were not busy, maybe 10 tables in the whole place. Service was extremely slow and I mean extremely slow! The prices are high, but, being right on the water we were expecting "fresh" seafood and were willing to pay the higher prices for a nice meal. Let me preface this by saying, I lived on the east coast, on the water ,and I know what freshly caught seafood tastes and looks like, and this is NOT it.
My son had the stuffed flounder, this was not flounder, not sure what type of fish, but it was very mushy and tasteless. I had a fried platter, stuffed crab was good, shrimp was fine, fried fish was not great. Our bill for 3 people, with 1 beer each was over $90. With a tip, we spent $110.
Woud we go back.... absolutley not. There has to be better choices in Corpus!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We decided to try this place out based on the reviews. We arrived Sunday 8/25 around 11:15am when they had only been open a short while. The place was pretty empty yet the service was very slow. Our female server was not very friendly. When my husband placed his order for the crab stuffed flounder, she quickly mumbled something which he didn't understand so he politely said he was sorry and what was that she asked, she repeated her question in a very slow annoyed tone like she couldn't believe she had to repeat herself. I ordered the fried shrimp and my 3 year old got a kid's fish basket. The menu was pretty limited in my opinion. It was a simple two sided paper and there wasn't a whole bunch of choices. My husband said the crab stuffed flounder was good. The fried shrimp I got were a good size however they didn't have any flavor and seemed like they were just frozen shrimp one would buy at the supermarket. The server disappeared after dropping the food off. My husband left the table to sit wait in the car with our 1 year old while I waited for her to come back around for the bill. She finally did and it came out to $60.00 which seemed a bit pricey for what we ordered-no appetizers, no desserts, and no alcohol beverages. For about $20.00 more I could have visited Joe's Crab Shack or Landry's and received better food and service and also gotten an appetizer and drinks. The kid's fish basket consisted of one fish fillet and fries. My daughter only ate a little bit of the fish while at the restaurant. Once we got home she ate some more of it so I guess it was decent enough. All in all I would say I probably would not re-visit the establishment.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“Nothing fancy, great sunsets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food here is well prepared and delicious. You eat "outside" meaning in a building without windows. The free "special" is the raising of the sun screens just before sunset so everyone can see.

Visited August 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice view, decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Great sunset views on the water. Not fancy but decent seafood. If you're on the island it's one of your better choices for dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere