“FUN!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 598 restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Seafood
“FUN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

looking for a great sunset? this restaurant is right on the water with great views of the SPID bridge and and sunsets......big garage doors are open facing the water. Great seafood, with a wonderful selection in a fun atmosphere. Enjoyed a talented musician while there too.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
San Antonio, Texas
“Delish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We waited for 1hr but it was worth the waite...we loved it service, friendliness, food excellent :-)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Commerce
“A fun beach place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The food is unremarkable but decent. This place is all about the funky beach experience. Open air, perched over the bay on the second floor, take your binoculars to watch birds while you sip beer and wait for your food. We went for a late lunch. The crowd was pretty tame. I would guess it is quite a bit more lively at night

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Enjoy the Sunset and the Dolphins.... not to mention some great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Under the JFK Causeway there are two seafood restaurants's and if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Doc's. For a few reasons, full service bar, full service restaurant, and accepts credit cards. Also when in season, you can always get oysters on the half shell. I have feel in love with their seafood salad which is a combination of lightly grilled tuna, calamari, other seafood, fish, ginger and a great dressing. I find sharing a dozen oysters, along with my seafood salad and a nice glass of chardonnay make for a wonderful dinner. Last time I was there, I was able to enjoy the beautiful sunset along with the dolphins frolicking in the water.

I will say, one Saturday when I was there I waited sometime for service. So I asked the manager if my waiter would ever visit my table. I was pleasantly surprised when he not only served us and gave my daughter and I full attention but made sure our waiter came and took care of us as well. So speak up if you feel you need attention and you will get it.

Love the place and will will definitely return.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Plenty of good food to Sea at Doc's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was raised in New England and I have eaten in some of the best sea food places around. Doc's is one of them. It was a Friday evening off season but the locals love it and it is clear why.
The selection was more than enough. But when you take a couple of Shrimp heads to a sea food joint... Well let's just say some things never change. We both ordered Shrimp differant types of course so we could share. It was great. The salad was fresh the Bread was hot out of the oven and the beer was ice cold. What a great way to start off an off season weekend on Padre Island.

• 5 of 5 stars Food