“Don't let the reviews scare you off! This a great hotel, great price, great location, and great staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn by the Beach

You added Knights Inn by the Beach to your Saves list
Knights Inn by the Beach
1.0 of 5 Motel   |   3615 Timon Boulevard, Corpus Christi, TX 78412   |
Ranked #63 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were very nervous staying here, based on the reviews, but the hotel was non refundable and we booked prior to reading reviews, eager to get the deal. We paid about $70 a night (booked far in advance). I saw no cockroaches, no health hazards, and it was very very clean. Is this an old hotel? Yes. Is this property a little rundown? Yes. But we came in a group of 11, consisting of three rooms and 5 children and we all agree we would absolutely stay here again! The rooms smelled nice and clean, the air conditioners ran awesome, the sheets were clean, the pool was kept sparkly and cool, and while the breakfast is a bit limited, the danishes were fresh, the milk cold and the coffee GOOD. All rooms are either pool or ocean view. You can literally see the ocean, fajitaville, the USS Lexington and the lit up bridge from the balcony's... and that was for a POOL view room! I hate to think that other people will read the reviews and not go. One down side: the stairs. There is no elevator, so you are either on the 2nd or 3rd floor, and that's not fun with luggage. I hope you give this place a chance if you can't afford the $200 and $300 hotels in the area. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, as we were! (Oh and the staff was VERY NICE and accommodating!!

Room Tip: Bring your own towels!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is stinky, had a weird smell.... And dirty, maids never cleaned, no hot water. Oh and when we arrived there was pee on the seat. the breakfast is a gallon of milk and old cereal. Don't stay here it is definitely over price for the quality. DON'T STAY HERE! Hotel of hell

• Stayed June 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and 2 grandsons, ages 1&3,booked a room for 4 nights, but we checked out after 2 nights, because the place was just filthy!! They put us on the top floor with 2 babies, and no elevator and that room smelled moldy, the carpets, were damp and filthy, and there was hair in the tub. I immediately went to the front office and asked if we could be moved to the lower floor and was told that I would have to wait for the next morning, so we dealt with it the first night. It was awful, the baby is crawling and every time he got on the floor, his feet, hands and knees were filthy!!!! The next morning I asked to be moved again and was told that they would have a room for us after 11 and that they would move our stuff, since we had some place to go. We, later, returned and our stuff was in the room, and was much appreciated, but it was the same!! Moldy smell, damp carpets, hair in the tub, door did not close all the way and the interior lock didn't work.... And baby's hands, knees, and feet, and our feet were filthy!! We checked out before 10 am, and I told them why were leaving early and asked to have the remaining 2 nights refunded back to my credit card. They never had an apology for the state of the rooms and I was told that since I prepaid thru Expedia, that I would need to call them for my refund..... And I had better get it!!! I am waiting for it, as we just checked out this morning...... Do NOT waste your time and money to stay here. I felt we needed to leave and just hope and pray that the kids don't end up sick from the mold!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Can't believe health inspectors have this place running. DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY! Rooms were filthy, mold in the shower, the sink was didn't even want to touch anything! Every time you walked it felt as if you were going to fall through the 1st floor. Carpets were very dirty. Beds were stained, sheets had cigarette Burns! Hotel staff see RUDE!

• Stayed January 2013
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Please, please do not book or attempt to stay at this hotel of horrors. It is so disgusting that not even animals would be fit to spend the night there. If you are so desperate, spending the night in your car or even on the beach would be more accommodating than this flea swamp. So disgusting, I puked just to it get out my system and mind. Also, be careful about reserving a room with Hotel Areas Reservations company. You may not get your money back and forget about trying to negotiate.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Glass on drives lots and lots of mold in room even on wall decor no ice machine unfriendly staff doors off hinges torn furniture dripping ceilings dirty bathroom a tent would have been a better option.

• Stayed August 2012
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Wow! I can't believe I spent so much money on such a hidious place! This hotel looks like one of those hotels that you pass by in a bad neighborhood that rents by the hour. It was so filthy just filthy! I had to raid the maids closet to get toilette paper, the towels! I wouldn't even wash my car with those rags! The carpet smelled of mold and the fridge was dirty too. As far as safety, well the balcony railing was loose and there were nails sticking out of the rickety stairs leading to our room, the door pain looked like it had been kicked in and just glued back together. This place is a lawsuit waiting to happen!!! I wish there was a negative rating cause these guys would get a -10!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn by the Beach? Share your experiences!