“A mothers day to remember, and will be back for the 4th of July for my birthday!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5209 Blanche Moore Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78411 (Formerly Hampton Inn Corpus Christi)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband wanted to take me, and his mother to Corpus for mothers day weekend, and we looked at ALL the ratings of hotels around Corpus. We really wanted to stay off of Surfside, so we could be close to the Aquarium. This hotel came out with 9 out of 10 stars. So, we ended up booking, and on top of it, the lady I talked to one the phone gave us a deal! We arrived, and checked out the place, it was clean from the Inside, and when entered, the hotel inside was clean too. Just checking in was taking a bit long, but got our keys and were asked if we were on business trip or vacational? We said vacation-Mothers day weekend. She then gave us discount tickets to the Aquarium, and a Map around Corpus. We entered the room, and the Beds OMG! when I laid down, I did'nt want to get up. After our two day stay, we decided we will return over the 4th of July weekend. Just the right timing for my Birthday which is the 4th of July!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the parking lot, and it was quiet, and have requested when we go back again, we...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

A special thank you to Opal C. for making us feel so welcome at breakfast time. She made extra bacon and biscuits just for my husband. She also really connected with us giving us friendship, which felt really good. She served so many people that weekend, but made us feel like her special guests.

Rebecca

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

In connection with the move from other state, me and my husband had to stay at the hotel for 4 nights. We chose "Country Inn & Suites" because my husband had stayed here a couple of weeks ago for business trip. I liked how he described his experience. I was glad they had indoor pool.
This hotel has become my home for 4 nights and 5 days :-)
I really enjoyed the breakfasts. Lemonade *-*. And the opportunity at any time to walk down and have a cup of tea. Even without the caffeine. They even have a library!
The room was very clean. Good shower. And the air conditioning is very useful. The employees are very polite, smiling and talkative.

-But I didn't swim in the pool, because the first day of our arrival, I thought it was not very clean. Probably because of the chemicals the water was cloudy.
-We lived on the second floor and I was always used the stairs just because the elevator was bouncing dangerously when stopped. But this is only my fears, for my husband it was nothing to worry about.

Outside the hotel there are many shops and restaurants. Within walking distance. What we are using a lot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Everything was fantastic about this hotel! You walk through the front doors and the smell of fresh baked cookies hits your nose first thing. Those are free along with lemonade at the front desk. The staff is so nice, too. Beds were so comfortable. We slept like babies. Everything is brand new here. From beds, bathroom fixtures that are a pretty brushed nickel, carpet in the rooms, fresh paint, tv, etc. This is a former Hampton Inn. The shower had great water pressure. There is an indoor pool as well. The free breakfast is excellent! There was bacon, eggs, omelettes, waffles, fruit, cereal, etc. We will definitely be coming back here!

Penny Knight, Texas

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at the end of December. I spent the night only to find out the next morning that there was dried blood at the bottom of my sheets. Had I not been looking for my phone, I would have never completely picked up the comforter to see the dried blood. There was also a giant roach in my room and the heater did not work. The front desk employee, Liz, is very rude and yelled at me several times. A manager gave me two gift certificates to make up for it but when I went back I was not given what I was promised.They promised a follow up and never contacted me. Again, horrible customer service. I have a gift certificate left but I refuse to use it. I did call corporate with my complaint.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Cibolo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I am not familiar with this place but stayed here because the kids wanted to go swimming. Their indoor pool was very convenient and clean. Everything was in working condition including their Jacuzzi. The room was clean and the breakfast and cookies were good. The staff was really nice and always had a smile on their face. I was impressed with catching a staff sweeping the elevator. Seeing that for some reason totally convinced me of the effort they give to keep it clean. I am happy we decided to stay here and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
McHenry, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Room is nice and large. Area around seems quiet. Book store next door. Mall near. Great bed and pillows. Breakfast varied and was a good start to the day. Newspapers are available. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family