“The longest stay in hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Corpus Christi

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Corpus Christi to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Corpus Christi
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5209 Blanche Moore Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78411 (Formerly Hampton Inn Corpus Christi)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi, Texas
“The longest stay in hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

In connection with the move from other state, me and my husband had to stay at the hotel for 4 nights. We chose "Country Inn & Suites" because my husband had stayed here a couple of weeks ago for business trip. I liked how he described his experience. I was glad they had indoor pool.
This hotel has become my home for 4 nights and 5 days :-)
I really enjoyed the breakfasts. Lemonade *-*. And the opportunity at any time to walk down and have a cup of tea. Even without the caffeine. They even have a library!
The room was very clean. Good shower. And the air conditioning is very useful. The employees are very polite, smiling and talkative.

-But I didn't swim in the pool, because the first day of our arrival, I thought it was not very clean. Probably because of the chemicals the water was cloudy.
-We lived on the second floor and I was always used the stairs just because the elevator was bouncing dangerously when stopped. But this is only my fears, for my husband it was nothing to worry about.

Outside the hotel there are many shops and restaurants. Within walking distance. What we are using a lot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Everything was fantastic about this hotel! You walk through the front doors and the smell of fresh baked cookies hits your nose first thing. Those are free along with lemonade at the front desk. The staff is so nice, too. Beds were so comfortable. We slept like babies. Everything is brand new here. From beds, bathroom fixtures that are a pretty brushed nickel, carpet in the rooms, fresh paint, tv, etc. This is a former Hampton Inn. The shower had great water pressure. There is an indoor pool as well. The free breakfast is excellent! There was bacon, eggs, omelettes, waffles, fruit, cereal, etc. We will definitely be coming back here!

Penny Knight, Texas

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at the end of December. I spent the night only to find out the next morning that there was dried blood at the bottom of my sheets. Had I not been looking for my phone, I would have never completely picked up the comforter to see the dried blood. There was also a giant roach in my room and the heater did not work. The front desk employee, Liz, is very rude and yelled at me several times. A manager gave me two gift certificates to make up for it but when I went back I was not given what I was promised.They promised a follow up and never contacted me. Again, horrible customer service. I have a gift certificate left but I refuse to use it. I did call corporate with my complaint.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Cibolo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I am not familiar with this place but stayed here because the kids wanted to go swimming. Their indoor pool was very convenient and clean. Everything was in working condition including their Jacuzzi. The room was clean and the breakfast and cookies were good. The staff was really nice and always had a smile on their face. I was impressed with catching a staff sweeping the elevator. Seeing that for some reason totally convinced me of the effort they give to keep it clean. I am happy we decided to stay here and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
McHenry, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Room is nice and large. Area around seems quiet. Book store next door. Mall near. Great bed and pillows. Breakfast varied and was a good start to the day. Newspapers are available. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed here for two weeks while in town. Moved to a room with fridge and desk after asking to be upgraded, gratis. Construction is going on so some dust was experienced on the first floor. Breakfast was surprisingly good for small hotel with very friendly staff attending in the mornings. Pool is lacking and spa was more like a lukewarm bath than hot tub. Gym down the road is free of charge when you show them your room key. The best budget option in Corpus, I can see the rates going up once they complete the renovations. Would stay again.

Room Tip: If you are on the north side (odd room numbers) you have a bigger room and are not facing the road...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Frisco, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for nights and was not pleased at all. They lack in several areas identified below:

1. No fitness center
2. No vending machines
3. Stains on the sheets

I will stay somewhere else next time. This hotel is overrated for sure!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Corpus Christi, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, TX we apologize for the less than satisfactory stay. We thank you for bringing these things to our attention, and apologize for the concerns mentioned. We ask that you contact us via our website so we may discuss this further.
We hope you visit us again, and we will make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Corpus Christi? Share your experiences!