“Bloody sheets and cockroaches!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Corpus Christi

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Corpus Christi to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Corpus Christi
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5209 Blanche Moore Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78411 (Formerly Hampton Inn Corpus Christi)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 82 hotels in Corpus Christi
Houston, Texas
“Bloody sheets and cockroaches!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at the end of December. I spent the night only to find out the next morning that there was dried blood at the bottom of my sheets. Had I not been looking for my phone, I would have never completely picked up the comforter to see the dried blood. There was also a giant roach in my room and the heater did not work. The front desk employee, Liz, is very rude and yelled at me several times. A manager gave me two gift certificates to make up for it but when I went back I was not given what I was promised.They promised a follow up and never contacted me. Again, horrible customer service. I have a gift certificate left but I refuse to use it. I did call corporate with my complaint.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cibolo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I am not familiar with this place but stayed here because the kids wanted to go swimming. Their indoor pool was very convenient and clean. Everything was in working condition including their Jacuzzi. The room was clean and the breakfast and cookies were good. The staff was really nice and always had a smile on their face. I was impressed with catching a staff sweeping the elevator. Seeing that for some reason totally convinced me of the effort they give to keep it clean. I am happy we decided to stay here and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
McHenry, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Room is nice and large. Area around seems quiet. Book store next door. Mall near. Great bed and pillows. Breakfast varied and was a good start to the day. Newspapers are available. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed here for two weeks while in town. Moved to a room with fridge and desk after asking to be upgraded, gratis. Construction is going on so some dust was experienced on the first floor. Breakfast was surprisingly good for small hotel with very friendly staff attending in the mornings. Pool is lacking and spa was more like a lukewarm bath than hot tub. Gym down the road is free of charge when you show them your room key. The best budget option in Corpus, I can see the rates going up once they complete the renovations. Would stay again.

Room Tip: If you are on the north side (odd room numbers) you have a bigger room and are not facing the road...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Frisco, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for nights and was not pleased at all. They lack in several areas identified below:

1. No fitness center
2. No vending machines
3. Stains on the sheets

I will stay somewhere else next time. This hotel is overrated for sure!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Corpus Christi, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites Corpus Christi, TX we apologize for the less than satisfactory stay. We thank you for bringing these things to our attention, and apologize for the concerns mentioned. We ask that you contact us via our website so we may discuss this further.
We hope you visit us again, and we will make every effort to exceed your expectations.
Palairac
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had a two-night stay at the end of October. While one of our rooms was fine, our daughter's room smelled badly of tobacco smoke. A token refund was given. Our stay was spoiled by a large group of teenagers dominating the very small breakfast area with themselves and all their baggage. The hotel needs a lobby area where you can sit and the pool also suffers from being very small. On the other hand, staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CorpusChristiCIS_GM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Corpus Christi, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your experience at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi, TX.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the room issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

We are currently undergoing renovations, and just as you suggested we will have a nice, large breakfast and lobby area once it is complete. We expect the renovation to be complete by mid-January.

Betty Knight-Tapia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Corpus Christi
361-985-8395 ext.406
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is my second stay in six weeks at this hotel. They are in the process of a remodel and my wife and I stayed in one of the newly remodeled suites. It was very nice and the room upgrades were very nice. The new bed is great and we were very pleased. We were part of 30 person group staying at the hotel and everyone was very complimentary.

One nice feature is that drinks and fruit are left out for guests all day. That was great for snacks

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side are larger. They gave us an upgrade because it was available. Nice touc...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Corpus Christi? Share your experiences!