“Clean, friendly, inexpensive.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Corpus Christi

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn Corpus Christi to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Corpus Christi
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5224 IH 37 North Navigation Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78407 (Formerly Clarion)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #68 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, TX
“Clean, friendly, inexpensive.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a reasonably priced room fairly close to downtown Corpus and the attractions, and Rodeway was a really good price. We don't expect much; just efficient and friendly service, clean room, and things that work. We got all of that. The two desk clerks we dealt with were very helpful and nice, and the recommendations for restaurants and directions were right on. this is not a resort, it's just a nice, clean motel, but that's all we wanted. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My boyfriend's family and I spur of the moment decided to head to Port Aransas on Friday night rather than dealing with the traffic on Saturday morning. I looked up some prices and reviews and found this "hotel". I phoned the business to ask about the rooms to verify that they were still available for the same price listed online. We chose a smoking, double bed room for a little over $80. A company that I've worked for swears by Choice Hotels enough to even have a partnership with them and that permits us to have a discount with the rooms. I generally have good experiences with them but once we got into the room (which we knew was not going to be luxurious) we immediately felt dirty. There were roaches around the sink, a few of the plugs looked as if they had caught fire previously, there was trash shoved into the air conditioner vents, and the vent in the bathroom was actually coming off/hanging. Not to mention when we arrived there was a room near ours that had tons of beer bottles outside of the door and to top it off there was a bucket of vomit directly next to it. We made that discovery at about 2 am (when we arrived) & when we checked out it was still there at 10 am smelling entirely more pleasant as it was already about 90 degrees out!! THIS WAS THE WORST "HOTEL" EVER! You're better off sleeping in your car with the doors unlocked.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Del Valle, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed here little over a year ago. I can't believe how bad this place is now. I wouldn't even sit in the chair in the room it was so filthy. The money saved staying in this hotel isn't worth it. I've included a few pics of their repair work in the room. One is a lamp cord that the mattress was pushed up to and the other is a repair job to hang the shower curtain and towel rack.

• Stayed June 2012
McAllen, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We knew it wasn't going to be nice (at $70 bucks) but this is bad! We are a couple and we reserved a king and instead got 2 double beds. Squeeze into one small bed or sleep separately (bummmer)! It's dirty and run down and there are mosquitoes in the room. Looks like someone wiped their dirty pizza hands all over the walls. As I am writing this, I am looking at a BIG spider in the corner next to a dead June bug. Looks like small blood smears on the walls from people killing the mosquites. There is a huge oil refinery right next door! Unsightly and a little scarey! Just saw a big black bug crawling across the floor!!! Transients hanging around outside. There is a guy at the end listening to loud music with his door open, looks like he lives here. What the hell are we doing here?!?! SOMETHING JUST FLEW PAST ME!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Texas USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

We knew we weren't getting a luxury hotel. We just wanted to add one more night to our trip without paying the high cost of hotels/motels in nearby Port Aransas. We wanted to come to Corpus Christi for food and museums, both wonderful experiences. This hotel was away from the beach; we knew that. It was a budget hotel; we knew that. We did not know how horrible it really was until we got there. The hotel is in a sketchy neighborhood. The curtains were worn and threadbare and the air conditioner made strange noises all night. It sounded like a river was flowing through the unit. The toilet seat was broken off on one side. There was no drain stopper in the bathtub. We were very disappointed. We didn't expect much, but got far less than that.
The plus side was that the lobby and the breakfast area were very nice, and the waffles were excellent at the continental breakfast. There was free wi-fi in the lobby and the staff behind the desk was friendly enough.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

My second time to stay there, and a year has taken its toll. The exterior plaster is cracked, the sidewalks have all kind of spots and spills and stains, the stairway railings are coming apart. If this Rodeway were to be fixed up on on a blind date with Holiday Inn, there would never be a second date .Still, the rooms are clean, the TV is large, and continental breakfast a bit better than other places I have stayed. I met three staffers, only one seemed truly interested in helping me. A young girl barely looked up to help me from her internet surfing and another clerk had an accent I could not understand. I did not realize until later I was overcharged $10 one night, and the manager would only tell me to call corporate.
So, a year ago there were more good things than negative ones, but this year it is about half and half. Still, for the money, you get a clean room and good breakfast....but the exterior needs sprucing up.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Kyle, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

List of things wrong with my stay: Manager extremely rude, shower curtain had mildew on it, towels in room were wet, strong urine smell next to bed, smoke alarm in drawer nonfunctional, only 1/2 roll of toilet paper in room, cats at the door every time we opened it and I am allergic, no ice in any ice machine on property. Check-in was supposed to be at 3 I was told my room wouldn't be ready until 4. It was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. Your manager needs to learn customer service bad day or not. Housekeeping was pitiful! Will never stay at this hotel again!!! I have photos of the mildew on the shower curtain as well and it was disgusting. Also sent a complaint to the hotel with no response from them. Shows how much they care what their customers think.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn Corpus Christi? Share your experiences!