“In Need Of A Facelift” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Corpus Christi

You added Rodeway Inn Corpus Christi to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Corpus Christi
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5224 IH 37 North Navigation Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78407 (Formerly Clarion)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #65 of 82 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Texas
“In Need Of A Facelift”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

My second time to stay there, and a year has taken its toll. The exterior plaster is cracked, the sidewalks have all kind of spots and spills and stains, the stairway railings are coming apart. If this Rodeway were to be fixed up on on a blind date with Holiday Inn, there would never be a second date .Still, the rooms are clean, the TV is large, and continental breakfast a bit better than other places I have stayed. I met three staffers, only one seemed truly interested in helping me. A young girl barely looked up to help me from her internet surfing and another clerk had an accent I could not understand. I did not realize until later I was overcharged $10 one night, and the manager would only tell me to call corporate.
So, a year ago there were more good things than negative ones, but this year it is about half and half. Still, for the money, you get a clean room and good breakfast....but the exterior needs sprucing up.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kyle, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

List of things wrong with my stay: Manager extremely rude, shower curtain had mildew on it, towels in room were wet, strong urine smell next to bed, smoke alarm in drawer nonfunctional, only 1/2 roll of toilet paper in room, cats at the door every time we opened it and I am allergic, no ice in any ice machine on property. Check-in was supposed to be at 3 I was told my room wouldn't be ready until 4. It was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. Your manager needs to learn customer service bad day or not. Housekeeping was pitiful! Will never stay at this hotel again!!! I have photos of the mildew on the shower curtain as well and it was disgusting. Also sent a complaint to the hotel with no response from them. Shows how much they care what their customers think.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

Stayed here one night on business. From downtown, easy to get to, short drive. Desk clerk more interested in texting on her cell phone than checking me in, but she was still pretty nice. When I saw that it is directly behind convenience store and that there were a lot of trucks in the parking lot, and the parking lot was a little trashed out, I was not sure I had a good place, but the room was quite clean with a big TV and quiet a/c. King size bed comfortable enough, no noise from other rooms.
Breakfast next morning: waffles, bagels, pastries, coffee, juice, two kinds of cereal, more than adequate.
I will stay here again. Paid $54 for one night, one bed, one person.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
austin tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

this hotel is located on
5224 Navigation Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX, 78407 .
my husband and i found it online.
we were expecting the worse, we read bad reviews about it. But we wanted to take our chances.
well, great price, comfortable rooms, AC always worked great.
i wouldnt recommend to families with small children.
the pool looked like it had not been cleaned, and its close to a busy highway.
but conveniently located to beaches, restaurants and shopping outlets

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Richardson, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

Scheduled 2 night business stay.
Got the Business King Room
(payed 3 extra dollars a night Vs a regular king, and there was no difference)
Asked for Wheelchair accessible and the room was labeled that.

Roaches and Spiders in room along with flying insects (but won't hold the mosquitoes against them).

Toilet handle was snapped off and laying in the bottom of the tank. Had to reach in to the tank water to flush.

The toilet itself was not attached to the floor, so it nearly dumped me off the first time I sat down.

Free WiFi gave us 11mbs connection, and weak signal on top of that We were in room 116, so about 100 feet from the front desk.

The AC was loud, but worked from check-in to Midnight, and then Slowly died, and stopped working at all at 3 am. Called the front desk but no one answered until 5 am, and were informed that the owner would have to fix the complaints and he would be in at 8 am. We had to be at a show we were working at 7am, so we gave them our Cell Phone number, and they never called us back.

At 6am we decided to move hotels, we packed and went a block down the road to a Hampton Inn, talk about the other end of the scale, they took care of us.

Wheelchair Accessible... Not Hardly.

Not a Support for assistance in transferring to toilet or tub in the place. The Toilet was raised, but without support it was actually harder to use.
The Tub was a normal tub, as such was not usable at all.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
London, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

Have counted on Trip Advisor for many years now to reliably evaluate a hotel before booking it. This was the first time the recent reviews did not accurately reflect the property & amenities. Recent reviews were way overstated - earlier reviews were more accurate. Very skimpy breakfast compared to other hotels. Originally booked for 4 nights but left after 2. Enough said.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn for a long weekend (3 nights)at the beginning of February during a tour of South Texas and chose the rodeway as the stay had been discounted on the booking site by £10.50 each night.
I arrived at 1300pm and noticed a sign stating check in from 1500.
Approaching the receptionist she was more than happy to check me in immediately and I was allocated a ground floor room across the car park. I found all the staff to be friendly and helpful throughout my stay.
The room was clean ,smelt very fresh ,and all fixtures and fittings were of a good quality making my stay a pleasant experience.
Breakfast was also included in the price and offered a good selection of continental style fare with the addition of waffles that you could make fresh. The breakfast room was of a good size and had a large plasma screen tv showing the news each morning.
The Rodeway Inn is situated some four miles from downtown Corpus and beach/ marina area and took 5/6 minutes to drive there along the freeway close by. Thre were only a few eateries close to the Inn which is near some of the refineries in the area and the immediate surroundings are a bit run down which was expected being an industrial area. This however was never detrimental to my stay and I would recommend the Rodeway Inn to travellers looking for decent value accomodation in Corpus Christi

Stayed February 2009

Been to Rodeway Inn Corpus Christi? Share your experiences!