“Great for family with boys” 5 of 5 stars

2914 N. Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78403
+1 361-888-4873
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Military Bases/ Facilities, History Museums, Specialty Museums, Museums, Sights & Landmarks
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors can tour the most highly decorated Essex Class aircraft carrier of World War II.The 16-story "Blue Ghost" displays military artifacts and more than a dozen aircraft.5 Tour Routes,3D MEGA Theater,Ship's Store,Mess Deck and Flight Simulator. National Historic Landmark located on North Beach.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Buda, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Great for family with boys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We sent to tour the Lex. while in Corpus. The only negative was the price of the entrance. We paid about 13.50 or so for admission for adults. That can get expensive with a family, but I guess is to be expected. I took my 2 boys, ages 12 and 15, and they loved it! We went in the flight simulator, another 4.00 apiece. That was a little less than expected. It was like watching a video game, except for the fact that in a video game, your body is not moved around like it was in the simulator. I think that everyone needs to try out the simulator at least once. The first place that one of my son's insisted that we go was to the gift shop to purchase dog tags, because one of his friends had gotten them. We didn't have enough time to tour the whole ship, so we look forward to attending again the next time we are in Corpus.

Covington, Louisiana, United States
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

You might be like me, a typical girl, and not care about war ships. I was very surprised that I enjoyed this. It was very interesting. We only stayed for an hour and probably only saw a quarter of what it has to offer. I will definitely return if I am ever in the area.

4 attraction reviews
“Be prepared to walk and read”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is was a good photo place and location to say you've been. Be ready to walk, walk, and walk. They have audio self guided tours which is nice. Lots of stairs to climb and ladders to get to the guns. Lots of history on this ship. Many signs to read, read, and read. Nice gift shop that makes dog tags and a cafe on the inside. For the price, its worth it.

6 attraction reviews
“Way to expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Way to expensive I will not ever ever go back it was hot and did I mention expensive. It was neat I guess the 3d movie was cool but I will not pay to go back.

Houston, Texas
17 attraction reviews
“History and a 3-D Movie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

lots and lots of history here. If you can only visit one deck -check out the really cool air planes and jets on the top deck' there are two 3-D films one is included in the price of admission -take your pick

Visited July 2012