“Kids liked it too!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Military Bases/ Facilities, History Museums, Specialty Museums, Museums
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors can tour the most highly decorated Essex Class aircraft carrier of World War II.The 16-story "Blue Ghost" displays military artifacts and more than a dozen aircraft.5 Tour Routes,3D MEGA Theater,Ship's Store,Mess Deck and Flight Simulator. National Historic Landmark located on North Beach.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
El Paso, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Kids liked it too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

A great time filler before check in time at our hotel. We're not accustomed to the heat and humidity, but even then, some parts were air conditioned so we had some breaks from the heat. I'm a history buff, so maybe this review is biased. I loved it. Love the planes, love being able to see the types of ships my dad worked on, love the Pearl Harbor exhibit. The movie was so-so, the flight simulator was so-so. I like the self guided tour, gives you time to read and enjoy yourself. The kids were allowed to play on some stuff, and they LOVED the anti-aircraft guns. Overall, I suggest this to anyone who enjoys history or needs to kill some time before going to the beach.

13 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Must see for World War II buffs. Self guided tours with access to many of the ship's levels. Great piece of history.

Salt Lake, Utah
80 attraction reviews
“Navy's in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Even though my husband was on a carrier when we met, I am still amazed and awed whenever we visit one of these ships. We had our 7 year old grandson and he was totally fascinated. He wanted to see every nook and cranny of this ship and I think we did! The 3-D movie Rescue was wonderful (it was about the rescue efforts during the Haiti earthquake) There was lots of helpful staff to answer questions and the displays regarding Pearl Harbor were terrific. I cannot say enough it was just a great experience and one not to miss no matter your what your age. They do Live Onboard and have all kinds of programs.

rosemount
4 attraction reviews
“Really cool bit of history!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

It's an awesome experience. Big groups call in advance they have discounts. They do have overnights also. I recommend coming in cooler months if possible it is hot and humid in summer!! Movie they offer is really cool. If you are military buff it will take awhile.

Denver, Colorado
53 attraction reviews
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

A great experience for all ages. I was very impressed with all of the displays and variety. Lots of different types and styles, from short videos to movies, miniature models to full size cut outs, walk throughs to hands on, replicas to actual artifacts. Second best museum only to the smithsonian. We loved it.