“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visitors can tour the most highly decorated Essex Class aircraft carrier of World War II.The 16-story "Blue Ghost" displays military artifacts and more than a dozen aircraft.5 Tour Routes,3D MEGA Theater,Ship's Store,Mess Deck and Flight Simulator. National Historic Landmark located on North Beach.Elevator from the Hangar Deck to the Flight Deck is now available.Welcome Aboard!
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Must see for World War II buffs. Self guided tours with access to many of the ship's levels. Great piece of history.

Salt Lake, Utah
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Navy's in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Even though my husband was on a carrier when we met, I am still amazed and awed whenever we visit one of these ships. We had our 7 year old grandson and he was totally fascinated. He wanted to see every nook and cranny of this ship and I think we did! The 3-D movie Rescue was wonderful (it was about the rescue efforts during the Haiti earthquake) There was lots of helpful staff to answer questions and the displays regarding Pearl Harbor were terrific. I cannot say enough it was just a great experience and one not to miss no matter your what your age. They do Live Onboard and have all kinds of programs.

rosemount
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Really cool bit of history!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

It's an awesome experience. Big groups call in advance they have discounts. They do have overnights also. I recommend coming in cooler months if possible it is hot and humid in summer!! Movie they offer is really cool. If you are military buff it will take awhile.

Denver, Colorado
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

A great experience for all ages. I was very impressed with all of the displays and variety. Lots of different types and styles, from short videos to movies, miniature models to full size cut outs, walk throughs to hands on, replicas to actual artifacts. Second best museum only to the smithsonian. We loved it.

Cibolo, Texas, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Rich in history and fun for all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have been to the Lexington many times and over the years they have improved the quality of the tour. Now they have the tours marked off so that you can ensure to see all parts of the ship. My favorite is the Pearl Harbor history and movie tour - some of my favorite actors have been on this ship and I love walking through those areas, reading the behind the scenes from the movie.